Quote Post

The Protector of the Unknown
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Guysborough Co., Nova Scotia

male

You poor poor man. tongue.gif

My opinion is, if you're that pissed off, you can sleep on the couch. Just because your lady is mad doesn't mean you should have to do something like that. What do the ladies do when we get pissed off? I know from my experience that they never take the couch. They just try harder to piss us off more and we end up hitting things with a hammer in the garage. And if you dared to tell a her that she's taking the couch tonight, there'd be a warpath. There are no double standards in my house. If I can't say it, she can't say it. ranting.gif

YES, DOGS.............uuuuhmmm unsure.gif

--------------------
Caw

"I am a Canadian by birth, but I am a Highlander by blood and feel under an obligation to do all I can for the sake of the Highlanders and their literature.... I have never yet spoken a word of English to any of my children. They can speak as much English as they like to others, but when they talk to me they have to talk in Gaelic."

-Alexander Maclean Sinclair of Goshen (protector of Gaelic Culture)

We need more Stan Rogers.

jams
PMEmail PosterUsers Website               
maisky 
  Posted: 06-Jan-2004, 11:41 AM
Quote Post

King of CelticRadio.net Jesters
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacVine

Realm: Easton, PA

male

QUOTE (oldraven @ Jan 6 2004, 11:31 AM)
You poor poor man. tongue.gif

My opinion is, if you're that pissed off, you can sleep on the couch. Just because your lady is mad doesn't mean you should have to do something like that. What do the ladies do when we get pissed off? I know from my experience that they never take the couch. They just try harder to piss us off more and we end up hitting things with a hammer in the garage. There are no double standards in my house. ranting.gif

YES, DOGS.............uuuuhmmm unsure.gif

At least you know your place. i.e. Slave at the mercy of your Mistress.... tongue.gif

--------------------
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."
Carl Sagan
oldraven 
Posted: 06-Jan-2004, 11:53 AM
Quote Post

The Protector of the Unknown
Group Icon

ZodiacHazel

Realm: Guysborough Co., Nova Scotia

male

grrrrrrrrrrrr
Aon_Daonna 
Posted: 06-Jan-2004, 11:56 AM
Quote Post

The Wolf Lady

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Fife, Scotland

female

no way any dog gets into my bedroom or even worse.. bed. No cat or anything else will get there either. That's the big rule, no animals except the stuff that is there anyway gets into my bed or bedroom.

It used to be like that in our house as well, no dog would dare to intrude into the sleeping rooms. they would stand in front of it or maybe poke a nose through from time to time but they did not dare to come in because they knew very well what would happen then.
They usually slept under the table in the kitchen (next to the back door which is the door everybody uses) and wait patiently. Until someone got up to go out with them in the morning.

--------------------
Moderator: The Playground (RPG)

Carpe Jugulum
Carved with a twisted smile
An epitaph for sorrow
Sethian - Epitaph

If anybody wants a costum signature, pm me!
PMEmail Poster               
maisky 
Posted: 06-Jan-2004, 12:03 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacVine

male

Since I periodically travel for long periods, I am very happy about having the home security unit sleeping next to my wife's bed. My wife's companion dog is just that: a companion day and night. biggrin.gif
JaneyMae 
  Posted: 06-Jan-2004, 12:26 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

Realm: Idaho, USA

female

QUOTE (silverdragon @ Dec 31 2003, 10:22 PM)
But really, Bostons are big dogs. They just confuse people by being so small on the outside, and needing sweaters. I watched one in the dog park last week stand up to everything including the big nasty pit bulls... thumbsup.gif

Bostons, like my Jack Russell, are truly fearless. They don't know that they aren't 150 pounds. Gotta love it!

--------------------
JaneyMae

Tangle Goblinwitch: She is only seen in the enchanted moment between sleep and waking

"Never miss a chance to shut up." Will Rogers

Leprechauns, castles, good luck and laughter.
Lullabies, dreams and love ever after.
A thousand welcomes when anyone comes...
That's the Irish for You!
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
JaneyMae 
  Posted: 06-Jan-2004, 12:31 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

QUOTE (CelticRose @ Jan 6 2004, 03:34 AM)
The only thing I allow them to do is get in our bed at night when we sleep! Does that make me bad?

CelticRose,
I've always thought that was where my dog was supposed to sleep! My Moster Mati makes a great bed warmer even though she is somewhat of a bed hog. lol.gif My girl is my companion, buddy, and pal. She too is a rescue dog and deserves all the love I can give her. My husband complains about her but moves over so she can sit beside him in his chair or better yet, she lays on his belly while he watches tv. It's grand. her toys are strewn about the house. All they ask of us is food, water, and love. Is that too much to give our doggs? smile.gif
maisky 
Posted: 06-Jan-2004, 01:04 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacVine

male

QUOTE (JaneyMae @ Jan 6 2004, 12:31 PM)
CelticRose,
I've always thought that was where my dog was supposed to sleep! My Moster Mati makes a great bed warmer even though she is somewhat of a bed hog. lol.gif My girl is my companion, buddy, and pal. She too is a rescue dog and deserves all the love I can give her. My husband complains about her but moves over so she can sit beside him in his chair or better yet, she lays on his belly while he watches tv. It's grand. her toys are strewn about the house. All they ask of us is food, water, and love. Is that too much to give our doggs? smile.gif

I don't know, I have never had a dogg. What's that? tongue.gif
JaneyMae 
Posted: 06-Jan-2004, 01:30 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

Oh sure, make fun of my typing. oops.gif I meant DOG. You make me feel like and idiot idiot.gif cry.gif
JaneyMae 
Posted: 06-Jan-2004, 01:30 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

Oh sure, make fun of my typing. oops.gif I meant DOG. You make me feel like and idiot idiot.gif cry.gif

Miss you, bro. hug.gif
maisky 
  Posted: 06-Jan-2004, 01:39 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacVine

male

QUOTE (JaneyMae @ Jan 6 2004, 01:30 PM)

Miss you, bro. hug.gif

It's fun to make fun of the English Teacher's English!!!! biggrin.gif
Annabelle 
Posted: 07-Jan-2004, 12:03 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacElder

Realm: Outer Space

Maisky be nice to her! Or wee girls will come give you a beating!

I think a dog should be treated like people. He needs his own food, not table food cause it's really not good for them.

I didn't get to vote cause my favorite is a German Shepard. I have an attacke one that is only good with us. Doesn't tolerate strangers.

A

--------------------
My heart will always be in the Highlands!

www.highlanderhouse.com
PMEmail Poster               
DesertRose 
Posted: 08-Jan-2004, 04:36 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

Realm: The desert of Arizona

female

QUOTE (JaneyMae @ Jan 6 2004, 12:31 PM)
CelticRose,

Well I guess it makes me a bad mommy dog then. I have one Sheltie who sleeps in his bed at night next to my bed. The other Sheltie sleeps in our bed. They are both very good dogs. Do not do anything unless they are invited. Very inteligent. However, they do bark more than I would like. They are great pals, even though their toys are all over the house. They get fed "dog food" twice a day. They basically have freedom of the house. They are very good guard dogs. Even let me know when daddy is home before I even know! And when it comes time to go to bed, they let ME know! And I agree with you, JaneyMae. All they ask for is love, water and food. I don't carry on a strict regimen with my dogs and yet they know their place in the pack.

Just my tuppence.

--------------------
Fine art & photography by DESERT ROSE IMAGES
http://www.desertrose-images.com
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMy Photo Album               
Aon_Daonna 
Posted: 08-Jan-2004, 11:05 AM
Quote Post

The Wolf Lady

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Fife, Scotland

female

well what you do with dogs is your own thing but letting them get too human in ppl's eyes is making them less dog. Every Dog deserves in first line to be dog in my eyes.

I'm quite strict with our dogs, simply because they have all been working dogs in one way or the other. Our Hunter used to be a sniffer for explosives. They were used very much to a strict surrounding. Which doesn't mean we didn't love them alot, they got their rewards, caresses and toys.. more than enough of them. But we always thought it was important for a dog to have his own bed, they all had baskets with blankets in them and that was their place to sleep. They would always protect it against any other dog which wanted to use it happy.gif

I love Shorty alot but he's the typical Rottweiler as in having one of the most stubborn behaviour patterns ever. Without getting strict you don't get through to him. It's definitly easier to sweep a small dog off the floor and give him the "lie on the back and bare your throat, I am superior" treatment. Trying to do that with a 60kg rottie is quite a task =)
PMEmail Poster               
DesertRose 
Posted: 11-Jan-2004, 09:23 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

Realm: The desert of Arizona

female

Aon! I don't know that much about Rottweilers but have several friends who do. They tell me you have to be very strict with them because they are very strong personality dogs, very protective. My dogs are more companion dogs. They were bred for herding and would love to get outside and herd the kids outside riding their bikes! wink.gif laugh.gif
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMy Photo Album               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics 2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt