Annabelle 
Posted: 25-Nov-2003, 11:34 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacElder

Realm: Outer Space

I've seen Scottish Terriers before but finding a breeder seems to be really hard to find...where would I find one? Check on the internet? Call SPCA? Open to ideas..
Happy Thanksgiving All
Annabelle

--------------------
My heart will always be in the Highlands!

www.highlanderhouse.com
PMEmail Poster               
oldraven 
Posted: 26-Nov-2003, 12:26 PM
Quote Post

The Protector of the Unknown
Group Icon

ZodiacHazel

Realm: Guysborough Co., Nova Scotia

male

Check the net Annabelle. Purebred breeders are pricey though. You should also check into what kind of manners the dog has, and if that matches your lifestyle. A lot of Terriers are in constant need of a task, and are a ball of energy all the time. They're far higher maintenance than bigger dogs and can take a lot out of you. Check it out first. smile.gif

--------------------
Caw

"I am a Canadian by birth, but I am a Highlander by blood and feel under an obligation to do all I can for the sake of the Highlanders and their literature.... I have never yet spoken a word of English to any of my children. They can speak as much English as they like to others, but when they talk to me they have to talk in Gaelic."

-Alexander Maclean Sinclair of Goshen (protector of Gaelic Culture)

We need more Stan Rogers.

jams
PMEmail PosterUsers Website               
DesertRose 
Posted: 26-Nov-2003, 02:07 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAlder

Realm: The desert of Arizona

female

Annabelle! No bother at all! Anyway I can help would be glad to. OldRaven is right though. Check the internet. You know I said between $300-500, but they could probably run for more money than that. I know of someone who just bought a Sheltie for $500. The breeders can really jack up the prices on their dogs, so be careful. I would check the net.

I love Scotty dogs (Scottish terriers) . I have several books on dogs when I was doing so many dog portraits, I bought them. The one dog book I have talks about the personality of Scotties and it says the following that may help you:

They make good house dogs, are great guard dogs and can bite. Good with children. Good outdoors or indoors. Can go anywhere and do anything. It is a very sensitive to criticism and praise and should be trained gently. Couragous and undaunted by the face of danger. Well-loved companion dog. Plays well with children, barks little, has a watchful nature in regards to the house. Should be taken for long walks frequently. His hair needs stripping at least twice a year and frequent brushing for its good looks to be fully appreciated.

And to answer your question about Shetland Sheepdogs (Shelties). Yes, they are the ones that are used to bring in sheep and cattle. They are herding dogs and like Scotties, you always see them at Scottish festivals. Westies are Scottish dogs too and very good dogs too. If you want to know about them, I can tell you. Just ask! Hope all this helps! smile.gif

--------------------
Fine art & photography by DESERT ROSE IMAGES
http://www.desertrose-images.com
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMy Photo Album               
DesertRose 
Posted: 26-Nov-2003, 02:09 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

female

OldRaven -- I forgot to ask you what breed of dog is yours? Is he/she still a pup?
Raven 
Posted: 26-Nov-2003, 03:00 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Indianapolis, IN

male

We got our Tiny toy poodle as a rescue. She is also a special needs poodle (abusive background and a thyroid disorder) We found her on the internet and I think we paid $300 (incidentaly expense) our previous dog (which we lost in Feb after 12 years,,,sigh sad.gif ) I think we paid $500 for brand new in the box laugh.gif

Considering what they give back I don't really think any of our dogs have been expensive.

Mikel

--------------------
He is no fool who gives up that which he can not keep to gain that which he cannot loose

www.arminta.net
PMEmail PosterUsers Website               View My Space Profile.
oldraven 
Posted: 26-Nov-2003, 03:17 PM
Quote Post

The Protector of the Unknown
Group Icon

ZodiacHazel

Realm: Guysborough Co., Nova Scotia

male

Rose, she's a purebred German Shepheard and yes still a pup. She's 16 months and not yet full grown, but still a very large dog. She's a pup because she still acts like one. When playing she'll run at you like a bullet train, thinking she's just a VW Bug. We named her Buffy, the Kitty Slayer. After the greatest TV show that ever existed.

dry.gif stop laughing.

We got her at six weeks and she's been the perfect dog........once we broke her stuborness. I've got some pics of her in the Art thread. biggrin.gif
PMEmail PosterUsers Website               
Richard Bercot 
Posted: 27-Nov-2003, 09:34 PM
Quote Post

House of Hardy
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacAsh

male

Hello everybody I am Richard Bercot cool.gif

This is my picture I keep talking about and was finally able to put it in here.

It is not too much different then the one of Mel Gibson but it's ME!!!

--------------------
May your days be filled with Merriment and May you walk in Balance with Creator.

"For every day you fish, you live another day"
PMEmail Poster                
maggiemahone1 
Posted: 27-Nov-2003, 10:29 PM
Quote Post

High Queen of Ireland

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Southern West Virginia

female

Very nice, Richard! cool.gif

maggiemahone1
PMEmail PosterUsers Website                View My Space Profile.
Richard Bercot 
Posted: 27-Nov-2003, 11:59 PM
Quote Post

House of Hardy
Group Icon

ZodiacAsh

male

And yes that was my real hair.

A lot shorter now though.

The picture was taken in 1996
PMEmail Poster                
DesertRose 
Posted: 28-Nov-2003, 12:04 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

female

Hey Richard! I am very impressed! Nice to put a face with a name. What's that in your hand?

I wonder if MacFive has considered putting a gallery on the site where we can all put our pics of ourselves in? Has there been any talk of that? That would be cool.

OldRaven -- I am still laughing at Butty the Kitty Slayer! laugh.gif laugh.gif Sorry! angel_not.gif Anyway, I have always heard that German Shepherds make excellent pets. Is she an indoor dog at all?
Richard Bercot 
Posted: 28-Nov-2003, 12:17 AM
Quote Post

House of Hardy
Group Icon

ZodiacAsh

male

QUOTE (CelticRose @ Nov 28 2003, 12:04 AM)
Hey Richard! I am very impressed! Nice to put a face with a name. What's that in your hand?

Thank you Celtic Rose,

If memory serves me right, I am holding a Brown Bess Muzzle Loading Rifle (an original one to boot). I am not sure what the caliper of it was though.
PMEmail Poster                
andylucy 
Posted: 28-Nov-2003, 12:55 AM
Quote Post

High Chief Of The Dartboard
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

Realm: Western Kentucky

male

QUOTE (Richard Bercot @ Nov 27 2003, 11:17 PM)
If memory serves me right, I am holding a Brown Bess Muzzle Loading Rifle (an original one to boot).  I am not sure what the caliper of it was though.

Nice pic, Richard!

I am envious!! I own a repro Bess, and would love to get my greedy little mits on an original. wink.gif

By the way, the Brown Bess was usually smooth bore, and in .75 cal. The barrel length varied from 46 inches for a first model (ca 1750) to 42 inches for a second model (ca 1775) to 36 inches for a third model (ca 1805).

Sorry, the reenactor in me just can't help it!! biggrin.gif

Just my tuppence.

Andy

--------------------
Just my tuppence.

Andy

Never drink to excess; you might shoot at a tax collector and miss. - Robert A. Heinlein

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes.

TANSTAAFL

If a person doesn't believe in something, he'll soon believe in anything. - G. K. Chesterton

9-1-1: state sponsored Dial-A-Prayer
PMEmail Poster               
Richard Bercot 
Posted: 28-Nov-2003, 01:33 AM
Quote Post

House of Hardy
Group Icon

ZodiacAsh

male

No problem Andy,

And you are right. The Brown Bess was a smooth bore. Most people does not know what a smooth bore is.

I use to do some re-enactments in my younger days too.

BTW, The Brown Bess was not mine but a Friend of mine. It was given to me on loan during the shoot.
PMEmail Poster                
Therasa 
  Posted: 28-Nov-2003, 04:38 AM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Clan

ZodiacOak

female

The avatar discussion is actually a good topic. As I am new here I am learning people by their pics, some names, but mostly pics. When I found the site and decided I wanted to join, I looked through the avatars, then scanned through some of the threads. I looked around to see what pics were taken and tried not to pic one that was in use. I hope I didn't take someones pic. Please let me know and I will change it right away. I feel it is only fair if someone was here first that I should change mine.

I also agree that possibly 'blocking' the access to the use of the pic after it has been chosen is a good idea. Can it be done?

Take care
Therasa

--------------------
Therasa

Sweet kisses after death, are remembered
Sweet smiles after death, are recalled
Sweet voices after death, are silent
Sweet love after death, after all.

PMEmail Poster               
Fiddler 
Posted: 28-Nov-2003, 08:30 AM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Clan

ZodiacAsh

male

I am new to all this so I hope I did not use an already taken avatar. If so I will gladly change. I would not intensionally offend such nice people.

--------------------
Support the brotherhood Everyone goes home
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics 2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt