englishmix 
Posted: 14-Feb-2009, 08:12 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

Realm: My place

"Kidnapped"

Yep, the one by Robert L Stevenson set in the Highlands. It was the one done by Masterpiece Theater and it is extremely well done! Iain Glen stars as Alan Breck and James Anthony Pearson stars as Davie Balfour. Found it at my public library.

Highly recommend!

PMEmail Poster                
DesertRose 
Posted: 16-Feb-2009, 11:19 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

Realm: The desert of Arizona

female

Saw the movie, "Taken." Everyone seems to think this is a horror flick, but it is not! If you are into spy, CIA, what could be in our weird world with lots of action, suspense and mystery, then this is the film for you. I love Liam Neeson. My only complaint about the film is that I find it hard to believe that one person could take out all the people he supposedly did....but then it is only a movie, eh? LOL I still loved it!

--------------------
Fine art & photography by DESERT ROSE IMAGES
http://www.desertrose-images.com
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMy Photo Album               
jayhenson 
Posted: 17-Feb-2009, 12:01 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHawthorn

Realm: Royse City, Texas USA

male

I liked "Taken". Of course he could take out all those people...he is a Jedi Master after all smile.gif

starwars.gif
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
Leelee 
Posted: 22-Feb-2009, 11:43 AM
Quote Post

Lady Leleanda - Mystic Dreamer
Group Icon

Group: Fellowship of the Ring
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Alberta, Canada

female

I watched The Mists of Avalon last night. Definitely a different story about King Arthur; quite a few twists throughout.

Not the tale that I was told in my younger years. Make sure you have the time to view this movie, if interested, as it is 3 hours long smile.gif

--------------------
Slāinte!

Truth in our hearts. Strength in our hands. Consistency in our tongues.

Beauty is not just all around us, but within us....

"Mo nighean donn," he whispered, "Mo chridhe. My brown lass, my heart. Come to me. Cover me. Shelter me, a bhean, heal me. Burn with me, as I burn for you."(Fiery Cross Quote)
Camac
Posted: 22-Feb-2009, 12:50 PM
Quote Post

Main: Registration
Questions: Help
Important: Rules

Zodiac

Leelee; Something called "Max Payne". I'm still trying to figure it out.

Camac.

braveharp 
Posted: 22-Feb-2009, 07:27 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacAlder

Realm: ARkansas

male

Appaloosa, It was a more interesting Western than I've ever seen before.

Renée Zellweger plays the part of a pianist that comes to town, and she has
RED hair and a very Irish look about her. The first tune she plays is one that
I often do myself at the local Irish Pub when I play there.

Question: Is there really such thing as an Eight Gauge shotgun ?

I may have found out about this movie based on recommendatons from this thread
via Celtic Radio. I have really enjoyed the movies that I've chosen based on recommendations that I've received via this "thread" (Celtic Radio). -
PMEmail PosterUsers Website                View My Space Profile.
flora 
Posted: 22-Feb-2009, 08:22 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

Realm: Tangerine, Florida

female

I caught a movie tonight on the Sundance channel called The Dead. No it didn't have anything to do with Zombies or Vampires. It was made in 1987 based on the short story of James Joyce. Directed by John Huston with his daughter Anjelica Huston playing a major role. Set in the late 1800s in Dublin, Ireland. It brought Victorian life to light with a focus on a "lost love" of Gretchen (Huston). I really enjoyed the Irish accents, conflicts, and scenery.

Flora

--------------------
"Nature always wears the colors of the spirit." -
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
K. Gibran

In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks.
John Muir

"Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves."
John Muir
PMEmail Poster               
Leelee 
Posted: 23-Feb-2009, 08:51 AM
Quote Post

Lady Leleanda - Mystic Dreamer
Group Icon

Group: Fellowship of the Ring
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Alberta, Canada

female

Leelee; Something called "Max Payne". I'm still trying to figure it out.

Camac, I haven't viewed this movie, yet. I'm leaning toward renting movies that are listed in the Celtic Movie Posts, a few at a time.

I seen Sweeny Todd....well 1/2 of the movie. I stopped it, as I found the storyline v e r y s l o w......Even Johnny Depp couldn't sway my attention this time sad.gif
Robert Phoenix 
Posted: 25-Feb-2009, 09:08 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Ironwood, MI

male

I last watehed the Love Gru with Mike Myers of Austin Powers fame. Funny movie even though there were a few groaners in there. I really didn't think I would like it but I actually ended up watching it twice. And yes, mini me is in there and Myers only plays one role in this movie! Next movie to watch is "My Name is Bruce" with Bruce Cambell who is a fellow member of the Rogues guild.

--------------------
Unavoidably Detained by the World

"Irishness is not primary a question of birth or blood or language; it is the condition on being involved in the Irish situation, and usually of being mauled by it."-Conor Cruise O'Brien

Pour mouth to mouth
PMEmail Poster               
Sėmeag 
Posted: 26-Feb-2009, 02:19 PM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Clan

ZodiacHawthorn

Realm: Sassan

female

QUOTE (Leelee @ 22-Feb-2009, 11:43 AM)
I watched The Mists of Avalon last night. Definitely a different story about King Arthur; quite a few twists throughout.

Not the tale that I was told in my younger years. Make sure you have the time to view this movie, if interested, as it is 3 hours long smile.gif

I must admit this movie was better than the book on which it is based. wink.gif

--------------------
Tha mi'n dochas gu bheil an eadar theangachadh ceart!
PMEmail Poster               
DesertRose 
Posted: 26-Feb-2009, 11:53 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

Realm: The desert of Arizona

female

Watched several movies in the past few weeks.

Taken...everyone seems to think this is a horror flick but it is not. A great action/drama film

Fireproof: Really excellent film and I feel that every couple or would-be couple should see this.

Walk Hard, The Dewey Cox Story: Not at all what I expected. A lot of nudity..even male...which I have never seen in a movie. There are some very funny scenes, but most of all I thought the movie was very corny.

Fireman: with Denzel Washington and Dakota Fanning. Watched this movie today and I really liked it. A lot of action and some violence. Hey! I worked in the medical field for so many years that nothing phases me, but if your rather not see any violence, this movie is not for you.
Dogshirt 
Posted: 27-Feb-2009, 12:44 AM
Quote Post

Lord of the Northern Plains
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacElder

Realm: Washington THE State

male

We just watched "Open Season 2". Very funny. Mr. Weenie is cental in this one, and as in the first one, Billy Conolly is great as McSquizzie!

beer_mug.gif

--------------------
Hoka Hey!
The more Liberals I meet, the more I like my dogs!
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Robert Phoenix 
Posted: 01-Mar-2009, 07:20 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Ironwood, MI

male

I finished watching Legend of Loch Lommond. Not a bad movie but not a great one either. Plot deals with a girl singer in Scotland who receives vists from the ghost of the girl from the Loch Lommond Song. As you can guess she must reunite the Jacobite author of hte song with his lost love. This was a movie that could have great potential but failed to live up to it. If could have been up to the storytelling quality of the Amazing Grace movie but its more like a Saterday morning afterschool special. I don't even think it was an hour long. But it still gives you an idea of what could be. Hopefully somebody picks up that idea nad runs with it.
Also saw "My Name is Bruce" with Bruce Cambell-Bruce, playing himself, is called upon to combat an ancient Chinese demon terrorizing a small town. Alot better than his previous films but still no Army of Darkness. Bruce being the king of B-movies gets to poke fun at himself and the aura created around action figure actors. Its worth one or two watches and is one for the collection.
PMEmail Poster               
gcw57 
  Posted: 01-Mar-2009, 08:09 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacReed

Realm: British Columbia

male

sad.gif I really have to get out more. Just reading this page you folks have seen more movies that I have in a few years. One of the difficulties of living in a small town - no multiplex's.

--------------------
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
PMEmail Poster               
flora 
Posted: 15-Mar-2009, 03:16 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

Realm: Tangerine, Florida

female

We took our grandson to see The Race to Witch Mountain. If I remember right this is a remake that Angela Landsbury (sp?) was in originally. Huge fan of Dwayne Johnson. I don't feel the writers did him justice though. He is sooo funny and I felt they could have written a better dialogue for him.

We also saw Australia. I believe this will be one that I buy. Good mix for both my husband (he hardly ever laughs aloud and he erupted when they shot the kangaroo) and myself (Hugh Jackman dribble.gif drool.gif). I have always wanted to go to Australia, fantastic country.

Flora
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
Š2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics Š2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt