pretentiouswombat 
Posted: 01-Feb-2008, 10:03 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Georgia

female

jime307 - When I saw the trailer for Cloverfield, I got the impression that it was going to have a Blair Witch effect for the filming. I don't particularly care for that method. We haven't been to the movies since I Am Legend and, with money constraints the way they are currently, I don't even know if I'll get to see Sweeney Todd. So, I guess it's back to the DVDs. I still have well over half the second season of Stargate SG1 to watch - looks like that will have to suffice.

--------------------
Check out my new blog at www.dilettantesdilemma.blogspot.com
Patti, The Celtic Pretentious Wombat

Feel the Teal! The year is 1599, and a new musical sensation is sweeping the youth of England! Dude! Life is Good! Visit The Lost Boys Online
PMEmail PosterUsers Website               View My Space Profile.
John Clements 
Posted: 02-Feb-2008, 04:03 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

male

Having just seen JUNO, and most of the other, ďAcademy Nominated MovieĒ, all I can say is. Itís going to be a tough decision.

--------------------
Weíre all poets, only some of us write it down. JC 9/27/08

Anyone who has the courage to disagree, deserves all do respect. JC 4/28/08

Life is a loosing battle, so you might as well live it up.
J.C. 3/29/08

Life should be like skiing, you have the most fun on the way down. J.C. 8/17/07

Take their word for it, and thatís just what youíll get.
J.C. 3/19/07

Only the truth is worth the ultimate sacrifice.
J.C. 1/26/06

Compared to the far right, the far left is somewhere in the middle. J.C. 2/22/06

Iíll be the first to apologies, as long as I get one back.
J.C. 3/7/06

Itís a happy man, who can laugh at himself.

If youíre looking for a new experience, donít hire someone with a lot of it. J.C. sometime in 1990
PMEmail Poster               
Robert Phoenix 
Posted: 06-Feb-2008, 09:33 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Ironwood, MI

male

I watch Family Guy "Blue Harvest" last night. Its a Star Wars parody and at times I felt they followed the movie too closely but there are oter times when its really funny. The part were Leia tries to put the transmission into R2D2 was great. there is even a Doctor Who cameo (kind of) It was a bit short but and I wouldn't mind seeing them parody the other SW movies.

--------------------
Unavoidably Detained by the World

"Irishness is not primary a question of birth or blood or language; it is the condition on being involved in the Irish situation, and usually of being mauled by it."-Conor Cruise O'Brien

Pour mouth to mouth
PMEmail Poster               
Rindy 
Posted: 08-Feb-2008, 04:02 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacBirch

female

QUOTE (John Clements @ 01-Feb-2008, 05:46 AM)
Johnny what is Michael Clayton about?

I still like Last Legion

Slainte [/QUOTE]
Hi Rindy, Michael Clayton is about a lawyer who does the right thing in a cover up case, concerning an international chemical company. In a way it reminds me of the movie Network. The acting is totally believable.

Hi Johnny, thanks for answering that question. It sounds really good.

Slainte
PMEmail Poster               
Rindy 
Posted: 10-Feb-2008, 12:59 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacBirch

female

I saw the movie Elizabeth Of The Golden Age. I thought it was going to be boring then low and behold I saw Clive Owen "didn't" know he was in it.lol...It really kept my intrest and I thought that Cate Blanchett did a wonderful job playing the Queen. The costumes and make up were amazing. I do think Cate needs to eat a bit..she looked a wee bit thin...

Slainte
PMEmail Poster               
pretentiouswombat 
Posted: 11-Feb-2008, 12:30 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

female

Well, my sweetie's birthday was last week and he got some gift cards from Best Buy so yesterday we got the boxed set of Indiana Jones movies (getting ready for the new release this May). Last night we watched Temple of Doom and tonight I imagine it will be The Last Crusade. Indy just never gets old around our house.
DesertRose 
Posted: 11-Feb-2008, 11:06 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

Realm: The desert of Arizona

female

QUOTE (Rindy @ 10-Feb-2008, 12:59 PM)
I saw the movie Elizabeth Of The Golden Age. I thought it was going to be boring then low and behold I saw Clive Owen "didn't" know he was in it.lol...It really kept my intrest and I thought that Cate Blanchett did a wonderful job playing the Queen. The costumes and make up were amazing. I do think Cate needs to eat a bit..she looked a wee bit thin...

Slainte

Oh gosh! I can hardly wait for this movie to come out in DVD so I can buy it! I so love Cate Blanchett and then Clive Owen to boot?! Oh give me breath to live! laugh.gif

Well Cate is no longer so thin as she is expecting baby #3! But isn't she an awesome actress?

--------------------
Fine art & photography by DESERT ROSE IMAGES
http://www.desertrose-images.com
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMy Photo Album               
j Padraig moore 
Posted: 13-Feb-2008, 01:07 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

"Elizabeth - The Golden Age"...next up on our Netflix que. Should be arriving today!

king.gif
PMEmail Poster               
pretentiouswombat 
Posted: 13-Feb-2008, 01:41 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

female

Last night we watched The Last Crusade. I just love Sean Connery in the role of Indy's father. Also, we watched pretty close to all of the extra stuff on the 4th disc that came with the set. I think tonight will be Raiders of the Lost Ark. I'm quite glad we finally got that boxed set - highly recommended!
j Padraig moore 
Posted: 20-Feb-2008, 11:47 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

QUOTE (j Padraig moore @ 13-Feb-2008, 01:07 PM)
"Elizabeth - The Golden Age"...next up on our Netflix que. Should be arriving today!

king.gif

Watched this monday evening. I really enjoyed it. Though I realize this film and it's predecessor - "Elizabeth" (1998), are not historically accurate, it piqued my interest in Elizabeth I. So I ordered "Elizabeth" as our next Netflix movie.
PMEmail Poster               
Rindy 
Posted: 22-Feb-2008, 02:56 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacBirch

female

I finally got to see American Gangster. I thought it was really good. I would say its not for children. I thought all the actors and actresses did a wonderful job in this film.

Slainte
PMEmail Poster               
mainopsman 
Posted: 23-Feb-2008, 08:53 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacBirch

Realm: Dundalk, Maryland

male

I don't get to the movies very often due to my work schedule. Most of the time I wait til they come out on DVD. I just finished watching "The Wind that Shakes the Barley" and "Michael Collins". I do wish I would have seen "Michael Collins" first, the parts of the "The Wind that Shakes the Barley" would have made more sense.
I just got "Bloody Sunday" and will get to watch that tomorrow.

JIM (mainopsman)

--------------------
Dedicate some of your life to others. Your dedication will not be a sacrifice. It will be an exhilarating experience because it is intense effort applied toward a meaningful end. Dr. Thomas Dooley
PMEmail Poster               
Rindy 
Posted: 26-Feb-2008, 01:32 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacBirch

female

I would love to see Michael Collins. Next time. I did see Jesse James. Thought is was ok but not that great. May be just me. Did anyone else see it and if so what did you think?

Slainte
PMEmail Poster               
pretentiouswombat 
Posted: 27-Feb-2008, 02:08 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

female

Last night I finally watched A River Runs Through It. Enjoyed the movie, even though I'm neutral on Brad Pitt. I've been happy with everything I've seen Tom Skerrit in, though. The countryside certainly was gorgeous and made me want to get out of the city immediately and find some wilderness to just bask in!

jime307 
Posted: 28-Feb-2008, 06:29 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacReed

Realm: Jackson Hole, Wyoming USA

male

POW POW!
I saw 3:10 to Yuma, That was a really good movie the outlaws actions at the end confused me a bit though.
I watched "The Wind that Shakes the Barely" again and was once more charmed. Has anyone seen "The Spiderwick Chronicles"? My friends and I weren't sure whether we should see it or not it seems a bit kiddish even for me =)

--------------------

St. Patrick's Day countdown banner
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMy Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
©2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics ©2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt