Posted: 23-Dec-2003, 07:03 AM
Quote Post

a ragamuffin of Eireann
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacElder

Realm: South Louisiana

female

I just saw "The Return of the King" over the weekend---It was wonderful!!! If this movie doesn't win about 6 to 10 Oscars, then the whole system is rigged. Viggo (Aragorn) should win the Oscar for Best Actor, and Elijah Wood should at least be nominated for Best Actor, while Ian M. should win Best Supporting Actor, and Sean Astin at least nominated for Best Supporting Actor and so on. The whole cast was surperb! Peter Jackson should win Best Director and the Movie itself should win Best Picture!!

angel_not.gif

--------------------
Roisin-Teagan

"There, in that hand, on that shoulder under that chin---all of its lightness delicately balanced and its strings skillfully bowed---it becomes a voice."---Rich Mullins

"At 18, if you have oversized aspirations, the whole world sees you as a dreamer. At 40, you get the reputation for being a visionary." ---Rich Mullins

"God gives the gifts where He finds the vessel empty enough to receive them."---C.S. Lewis

Éire go Brách!
PMEmail Poster               
RavenWing 
Posted: 23-Dec-2003, 12:19 PM
Quote Post

Dorkus Trollus Maximus

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Indiana, USA

female

Just saw Return of the King, and it was even better than I expected.

--------------------
May all your up's and down's be under the sheets!

Religion is for those who are afraid of going to Hell. Spirituality is for those who have already been there.
- Anonymous
PMEmail Poster               
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 01-Jan-2004, 08:49 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacOak

Realm: Pursuing happiness at 'The Shire' in western Georgia where hummingbirds buzz & horses graze

female

Oh yeah, RoTK is magnificent!! I've been to see it three times so far and pick up on some new detail every time...

Watched 'Bruce Almighty' again the other night (we got the dvd as soon as it came out in the stores) and laughed until I cried just like I did in the theater. It just knocks me off my feet!

starwars.gif Hey, I saw a few new scenes from the next Star Wars movie in a magazine tonight at the book store! I kinda forgot they're filming another one; anyone know about the plot on this one?

--------------------
"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king..."
user posted image

SGGardner Art

www.SouthernShireFarm.com
PMEmail PosterUsers Website               View My Space Profile.
Richard Bercot 
Posted: 01-Jan-2004, 10:06 PM
Quote Post

House of Hardy
Group Icon

ZodiacAsh

male

I watched 3 movies today.

Identity, Sea Biscuit, and Hollywood Murders

All three were good movies. But Identity was a real Brain Tease.

--------------------
May your days be filled with Merriment and May you walk in Balance with Creator.

"For every day you fish, you live another day"
PMEmail Poster                
oldraven 
Posted: 01-Jan-2004, 11:52 PM
Quote Post

The Protector of the Unknown
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Guysborough Co., Nova Scotia

male

Just got back from ROTK. biggrin.gif

'sabout time, eh?

--------------------
Caw

"I am a Canadian by birth, but I am a Highlander by blood and feel under an obligation to do all I can for the sake of the Highlanders and their literature.... I have never yet spoken a word of English to any of my children. They can speak as much English as they like to others, but when they talk to me they have to talk in Gaelic."

-Alexander Maclean Sinclair of Goshen (protector of Gaelic Culture)

We need more Stan Rogers.

jams
PMEmail PosterUsers Website               
DesertRose 
Posted: 02-Jan-2004, 12:02 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

Realm: The desert of Arizona

female

About time! I am so excited to hear what you thinkl talk to you in the LOTR thread! wink.gif smile.gif

--------------------
Fine art & photography by DESERT ROSE IMAGES
http://www.desertrose-images.com
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMy Photo Album               
CelticWish 
Posted: 02-Jan-2004, 12:08 AM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacReed

female

QUOTE (Richard Bercot @ Jan 1 2004, 10:06 PM)

All three were good movies. But Identity was a real Brain Tease.

Richard,

What did you think of Identity?
Did you have the end figured out?
I never would have guessed it!!

CelticWish
PMEmail Poster               
Richard Bercot 
Posted: 02-Jan-2004, 12:28 AM
Quote Post

House of Hardy
Group Icon

ZodiacAsh

male

QUOTE (CelticWish @ Jan 2 2004, 12:08 AM)
QUOTE (Richard Bercot @ Jan 1 2004, 10:06 PM)

All three were good movies.  But Identity was a real Brain Tease.

Richard,

What did you think of Identity?
Did you have the end figured out?
I never would have guessed it!!

CelticWish

Celtic Wish,

I thought I had it figured out almost right away, but since there are probably others that hasn't seen it and it appears you have, I will kind of talk in a code.

I thought I had it figured out until the car blew up. Then after the Judges Chamber, which blew my mind way, then I knew I was on track again and then I thought that way until the very end. But looking back at it, I should have figured it out right away.

I hope you understood all of that. wink.gif

But it had to be one of the top ten "Who Done It" movies I have ever seen. I am usually pretty good at figuring them out ahead of time but this one blew me away.
PMEmail Poster                
Roisin-Teagan 
Posted: 02-Jan-2004, 08:38 AM
Quote Post

a ragamuffin of Eireann
Group Icon

ZodiacElder

female

I just saw Seabiscuit for the second time in a week. We bought the Dvd about a week ago, then reshowed it to my brother and his wife on New Years Day. It was just as good the second time around, but it seemed to fly by a lot quicker.

angel_not.gif
PMEmail Poster               
CelticWish 
Posted: 03-Jan-2004, 01:59 PM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacReed

female

Richard,

I have to agree that Identity was one of the best who done it's that I have seen!!
Yes, I understood what you were saying. biggrin.gif Just when I thought I had figured it out something would happen and I was baffled again. unsure.gif It was a great movie!!

Have you ever watched the movie Shattered? It's an older movie, but, I never guessed the ending to that one either!!

Roisin-Teagan,

I have yet to see Seabiscuit. I usually wait until movies come on pay-per-view or if I miss there I wait until in comes on the movie channels. I do buy some movies on dvd but, not alot. If I see them and I like them I buy them. biggrin.gif

PMEmail Poster               
DesertRose 
Posted: 03-Jan-2004, 02:45 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

female

I went last night and saw ROTK again! clap.gif I would only go to the theatre is because I am a LOTR fanatic. HOwever, I had many loud mouths in the theatre who couldn't shut up, restless kids. People walking in front of me having to go to the bathroom, etc. ! I at want time want to scream out "shut up!!!!!!!!!!" But I managed to refrain. Even my husband was getting annoyed! The dialogue in that movie is hard enough to understand without people being disruptive. Which is why I don't venture out to the theatres that often either. I prefer my couch, the pause button and my subtitles! laugh.gif
Roisin-Teagan 
Posted: 03-Jan-2004, 03:01 PM
Quote Post

a ragamuffin of Eireann
Group Icon

ZodiacElder

female

Rosemary,

We too had the same problem when we first saw ROTK. A few people behind us must have been drunk, because they would constantly make comments or say, "Ahhh, poor Frodo," and laugh at the most inappropriate times. sad.gif I only heard these people when the movie got really quiet and you had to strain to hear the dialogue. At one point I'd said "Shhhhhhhhhish" really loud but it did little good.

Celticwish,

I only go to the movies if I know it's going to be really, really good---then it's worth the money and the trouble. As for buying Dvd's, I only buy the one's I loved on the big screen. rolleyes.gif

Roisin,
angel_not.gif
PMEmail Poster               
DesertRose 
Posted: 03-Jan-2004, 03:10 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

female

Yeah, Roisin! Aren't those people annoying? I mean they make it bad for the rest of us. It's bad enough you have to spend so much to go to the theatre! I only buy DVDs after I have rented them and liked them well enough.

I am embarrassed to say I have not seen Seabisquit or even Pirates of the Carribean yet! I keep meaning to rent those, one day soon I will. smile.gif
Roisin-Teagan 
Posted: 03-Jan-2004, 11:54 PM
Quote Post

a ragamuffin of Eireann
Group Icon

ZodiacElder

female

Rosemary, you got the right idea...renting the movies first and then buying the ones you really love. Hummm...sounds like a plan. We have surround sound in our living room, and if we turn off the lights and eat popcorn it will feel just like we're at the movies---minus the annoying loudmouth people. wink.gif cool.gif
PMEmail Poster               
DesertRose 
Posted: 04-Jan-2004, 12:23 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

female

Roisin! We have the very same thing in our living room too! Surround sound, pause breaks, popcorn, drinks, subtitles! (hee hee), bathroom breaks, and no rude people! Love it! clap.gif

Now if the rumor is true that the extended version of ROTK is 5 hours long, that will be just fine with me! smile.gif
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
©2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics ©2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt