Bookmark and Share
John Clements 
Posted: 11-Feb-2007, 08:55 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacElder

male

Just saw The Last King of Scotland, and Babel, both worth the price of admission.

--------------------
Weíre all poets, only some of us write it down. JC 9/27/08

Anyone who has the courage to disagree, deserves all do respect. JC 4/28/08

Life is a loosing battle, so you might as well live it up.
J.C. 3/29/08

Life should be like skiing, you have the most fun on the way down. J.C. 8/17/07

Take their word for it, and thatís just what youíll get.
J.C. 3/19/07

Only the truth is worth the ultimate sacrifice.
J.C. 1/26/06

Compared to the far right, the far left is somewhere in the middle. J.C. 2/22/06

Iíll be the first to apologies, as long as I get one back.
J.C. 3/7/06

Itís a happy man, who can laugh at himself.

If youíre looking for a new experience, donít hire someone with a lot of it. J.C. sometime in 1990
PMEmail Poster               
DesertRose 
Posted: 17-Feb-2007, 11:38 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

Realm: The desert of Arizona

female

just saw the movie, "Tristan and Isolde" and I agree with Macfive, it was a very good movie! In fact, I watched it twice!

I love Meryl Streep! And I so love the movie, "The Devil Wears Prada." I am most likely to buy that movie I loved it so much!

Siarls, concerning your request to send Ms Streep a card. I tried looking her up on the Imdb board for you but unless you are willing to subscribe to Imbd pro, there is no chance. If you wish to pay for the subscription, I wish you luck.

--------------------
Fine art & photography by DESERT ROSE IMAGES
http://www.desertrose-images.com
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMy Photo Album               
Monarchs Own 
Posted: 18-Feb-2007, 03:23 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

Realm: Phenix City, AL - back in the good ole USA

female

Saw the movie Ghost Rider on Friday. Was pretty good. Great special effects. Can't wait for the movie 300 to come out.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
j Padraig moore 
Posted: 20-Feb-2007, 07:34 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Watched Flyboys this past weekend. It was a lot better than I thought it was going to be.
PMEmail Poster               
Muircheartach 
  Posted: 25-Feb-2007, 07:57 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Sunny Sunnyvale, CA

male

Hi all,

We finally got to see Bridge to Terabithia this past week, as well as Ghost Rider. To the point, for me, Ghost Rider was a waste of money - I just didn't think much of it - not saying that the acting was bad, just that I made a mistake of judgment in going to a movie of this type.

As far as Bridge of Terabithia, I will definitely purchase this movie when it comes out on DVD and if I have time, will try to see it several more times with my family before it leaves the theaters near us. It is very close to the book of the same name that came out about 30 years ago. My wife was teaching on Long Island at the time and I remember her reading the book and liking it very much. I read it and thought it was a great book and I'm surprised that it took so long to make a movie out of it.

Without giving away anything (I already left a rating on Fandango), it's worth going to see, even if you don't have children - it deals with real emotions in a straight-forward and heartfelt manner - not a bunch of false sappiness. It's definitely worth the money to see it.

--------------------
Best cheers! Robbie
PMEmail Poster               
gcw57 
  Posted: 26-Feb-2007, 02:30 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacReed

Realm: British Columbia

male

thumbs_up.gif

Thanks for your thoughts and comments on the movies you're seeing.

I live in the suburbs of a small town and our one theatre only gets movies for a week, so if you are away or have a busy week you don't see the big name movies. I much prefer the large screen to the small, but your comments help when I head for the video store!

--------------------
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
PMEmail Poster               
sisterknight 
Posted: 26-Feb-2007, 10:40 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacOak

Realm: montreal west, quebec

female

this was a stay in weekend so i rented two movies, one is really new and what a gas!!!!it was called "keeping mum", it's with rowan atchins(mr.bean) he plays a priest in a very small town, patrick swazy is also in it...man he did not age well sad.gif , if you get a chance you should see it.

the other movie was called "thief lord" (can you tell it was a british movie weekend!!) another excellent movie in my humble opinion!!it was listed as a children's film but it doesn't matter adults will like it as well!!

--------------------
non nobis domine,non nobis sed nomini tua da gloriam.

OKAY, WHAT DID I DO NOW??
PMEmail Poster               
gcw57 
  Posted: 28-Feb-2007, 05:24 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacReed

male

biggrin.gif Greetings Oh wise ones of the cinema!

I have read back a many a page in this topic, but I'm wondering if I might be able to request some assistance?

I have about 7 DVD rental coupons to use in the next couple of weeks and I'm wondering if you could make suggestions?

Thank you, Sisterknight for the idea of "Keeping Mum" - I do love a good comedy.

My main interest is Ireland - whether it be comedy, drama, travelogue, history - pretty much anything. I have seen the Paddy Doyle films, "The Quiet Man", "Waking Ned Devine", "Michael Collins" and a lot of TV programs that I have purchased.

I am one of the few who hasn't seen "Braveheart" yet, so that is on my list, too! I do thank any and all for suggestions! smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Lady of the Loch 
Posted: 28-Feb-2007, 08:08 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacBirch

Realm: Indiana

female

QUOTE (Muircheartach @ 25-Feb-2007, 07:57 PM)
Hi all,

We finally got to see Bridge to Terabithia this past week, as well as Ghost Rider. To the point, for me, Ghost Rider was a waste of money - I just didn't think much of it - not saying that the acting was bad, just that I made a mistake of judgment in going to a movie of this type.

As far as Bridge of Terabithia, I will definitely purchase this movie when it comes out on DVD and if I have time, will try to see it several more times with my family before it leaves the theaters near us. It is very close to the book of the same name that came out about 30 years ago. My wife was teaching on Long Island at the time and I remember her reading the book and liking it very much. I read it and thought it was a great book and I'm surprised that it took so long to make a movie out of it.

Without giving away anything (I already left a rating on Fandango), it's worth going to see, even if you don't have children - it deals with real emotions in a straight-forward and heartfelt manner - not a bunch of false sappiness. It's definitely worth the money to see it.

Both are ones I want to see. I am disappointed about ghost rider, it looks as if it would be a good movie sad.gif

I recently watched Barnyard with my kids. I thought it was cute, some adult humor. But it made me laugh!
PMEmail Poster                View My Space Profile.
Robert Phoenix 
Posted: 24-Mar-2007, 10:22 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Ironwood, MI

male

Just got back from seing TMNT. Great movie for adults and kids!! Over the past couple of years there has been a slew of Superhero movies. Very few have stayed true to their comic book counterparts. Spiderman has been the closest and don't get me started on that last Superman film. This Turtle movie managed to stay very close to its roots and yet bring in a very decent story line. The computer animation although a bit cartoonish for the humans Casy Jones is was spot on for the turtles. Fight scenes wre almost too fast to follow which is how it should be. If you have ever done any fencing you know what I mean. Humor was kept to a miminum mostly Donnie. This is one movie series that only has disappointed me once (Turtles 2). I hope they keep this up. I would have no problem paying full price for this DVD.

gcw57- Have you seen any of the Riverdance DVD's Otherwise there is The Boys and Girl from County Clare, Irish Jam, The magical Legend of the Leprechauns (used to be War of the Leprechauns), or Angela's Ashes. On the Irish in America side there is always Far, Far Away, Gangs of New York, or In America.

--------------------
Unavoidably Detained by the World

"Irishness is not primary a question of birth or blood or language; it is the condition on being involved in the Irish situation, and usually of being mauled by it."-Conor Cruise O'Brien

Pour mouth to mouth
PMEmail Poster               
gcw57 
  Posted: 25-Mar-2007, 12:34 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacReed

male

smile.gif Thanks for the suggestions Roberto. I was watching Angela's Ashes this afternoon, as a matter of fact and have seen most of the others. I've not heard of "Irish Jam" but will see if I can find it available.

Strange as it seems, even to me, I really haven't seen much of the "Riverdance" DVD's. I've no idea why as I certainly enjoy watching people who can it well. I do truly appreciate you taking the time to leave a note for me.

thumbs_up.gif
PMEmail Poster               
mydogisaleprechaun 
  Posted: 25-Mar-2007, 02:05 AM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Clan

ZodiacHolly

Realm: sunny southern california!

female

just went and saw Music and Lyrics...it was, well, cute and funny. Most of the movie was fluff, but i had a few good laughs - especially all those 80's duran duran-like flashbacks! it was a total date movie.(unfortunately my date SUCKED and i couldn't get out of there fast enough!)
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
j Padraig moore 
Posted: 14-Apr-2007, 10:56 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

We picked up Children of Men for our boys. They really liked it. It was thought provoking.
PMEmail Poster               
DesertRose 
Posted: 15-Apr-2007, 04:02 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

Realm: The desert of Arizona

female

I am always behind in movies, simply because I do not go the theatre. Watched "The Wedding Date' this week and loved it so much I watched it twice! Really great movie!
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMy Photo Album               
Brendan 
Posted: 15-Apr-2007, 10:12 AM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacHawthorn

Realm: Suffolk County, Long Island, New York

male

note.gif My wife and I saw Blood Diamond. I recommend it.
It was very good.

--------------------
Health 'n Laughter,

Brendan
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
©2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics ©2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt