Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Sunny Sunnyvale, CA

male

Hi all,

I just saw the trailer for this today, but the movie "Bridge to Terabithia" looks interesting (http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1809420332/trailer). It's set to open on February 16 where I live - if I go, I'll let you know how it is...

Another movie - which looks totally lame - but also pretty funny, is "Epic Movie", which will be released next week. I normally don't watch movies like this, but sometimes it just feels good to watch something that I don't have to think about to understand biggrin.gif

Have a good week!

--------------------
Best cheers! Robbie
PMEmail Poster               
DesertRose 
Posted: 23-Jan-2007, 02:45 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAlder

Realm: The desert of Arizona

female

I have been watching a lot of movies lately............while cleaning and cooking. Nevertheless, these are the ones I have seen:

Nanny McPhee--- very delightful family film
Munich ----------- watched it three times. I so loved this film, but very violent.
Hope Floats...............with Sandra Bullock and Harry Connick, Jr. Great chick flick!
Cheaper By the Dozen 2.........very nice, positive family film
Dunstan............about an oragatan and two young boys who live in an exclusive hotel. Very cute and postive.
In America............about an Irish family who comes over from Ireland seeking a better life. Very depressing but outstanding film.
The Family Stone..........Diane Keaton, Sara Jessica Parker. Holiday movie and really good.
Elizabeth I..........not historically accurate, but really loved this film

--------------------
Fine art & photography by DESERT ROSE IMAGES
http://www.desertrose-images.com
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMy Photo Album               
Robert Phoenix 
Posted: 23-Jan-2007, 06:56 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Ironwood, MI

male

There is a new Irish film coming out inn March of this year called "The Wind that Shakes the Barley". Reviews have put it in contention for the Oscar for 2008 already. It would have been in for this year but the release date was two late. Here is the story line from the Irish Gazzette:

The quiet man of British filmmaking, Ken Loach, triumphs again with this award-winning portrayal of the Black and Tan War in Ireland and the tragic civil war that followed.

Damien and Teddy Donovan (played respectively by Cillian Murphy and Liám Cunningham) are brothers caught in the 1920 war of independence and its aftermath. Screenwriter Paul Lav erty adds real-life drama to the action with a re-enactment of an ambush described in Tom Bar ry’s famous book “Guerrilla Days in Ireland.” The terror caused by the Tans is palpable, as are the heart-clawing lifeanddeath decisions taken by ordinary citizens turned by events into dedicated freedom fighters. No heroic gloss or romantics here; even Damien’s love interest (Orla Fitzgerald) displays a hard-edged desperation void of the “sweet colleen” cliché.

Loach’s almost documentarystyle of filming has investigated civil strife before: “Carla’s Song” (set in Nicaragua), “Land and Country” (about the Spanish Civil War), and “Hidden Agenda” (an exposé of the Thatcher government’s “shoot to kill” policy in Northern Ireland.)

--------------------
Unavoidably Detained by the World

"Irishness is not primary a question of birth or blood or language; it is the condition on being involved in the Irish situation, and usually of being mauled by it."-Conor Cruise O'Brien

Pour mouth to mouth
PMEmail Poster               
DesertRose 
Posted: 27-Jan-2007, 06:02 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

female

Sounds like a great film! Thanks for sharing, Roberto!

Oops! forgot! Watched movie called "Swordfish" with John Travolta and Hugh Jackman last night. I found it to be a really silly film.

Also watched "A History of Violence" with Viggo Mortensen. Very good, but kind of wierd film. Very violent, but I did enjoy the film despite it all.

Muircheartach 
Posted: 30-Jan-2007, 06:04 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Sunny Sunnyvale, CA

male

Hi all,

I left a brief post on this movie on another forum, but my wife and I saw The Painted Veil on our 32nd wedding anniversary. My wife had read a review saying that it had a "happy ending". Well, yes, overall it is a sort of happy ending, but not the whole movie - the husband doesn't make out too good, so I would not recommend it as a "happy anniversary, dear!" movie biggrin.gif

Other than that, I think I'll wait for the Bridge to Terabithia in two or so weeks.
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRadio 
Posted: 30-Jan-2007, 07:44 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Boston, MA

male

Two movies that I purchased on DVD recently was New World and Tristan & Isold. I highly recommend both of these movies.

--------------------
Wallace MacArthur
http://www.CelticRadio.net
Celtic Radio Music Network

Imagination is more Important than Knowledge
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
Robert Phoenix 
Posted: 30-Jan-2007, 10:08 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

Watched "Open Season" today. Alot funnier than I thought it would be. The scottish squirrel was hilarious. Alot more semi hidden adult humor than "Over the Hedge" or the other computer animated animal movie that I liked but can't remember the title of.
PMEmail Poster               
DesertRose 
Posted: 30-Jan-2007, 10:15 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

female

Watched

"Le Divorce" with Kate Hudson and Naomi Watts. Pretty good and learned somewhat about French culture.

"Two for the Money" with Al Pacino and Matthew McConnahay (?spelling) -- waste of my time.

Wondered about "Tristan and Iosolde." I love period movies so must see that one as well! Thanks, MacFive!
sisterknight 
Posted: 31-Jan-2007, 09:18 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacOak

Realm: montreal west, quebec

female

i just watched bon cop/good cop!!!geesh talk about putting all the ont/que stereotypes in one movie...it was halarious

--------------------
non nobis domine,non nobis sed nomini tua da gloriam.

OKAY, WHAT DID I DO NOW??
PMEmail Poster               
John Clements 
Posted: 31-Jan-2007, 02:14 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

male

IDOCRACY

--------------------
We’re all poets, only some of us write it down. JC 9/27/08

Anyone who has the courage to disagree, deserves all do respect. JC 4/28/08

Life is a loosing battle, so you might as well live it up.
J.C. 3/29/08

Life should be like skiing, you have the most fun on the way down. J.C. 8/17/07

Take their word for it, and that’s just what you’ll get.
J.C. 3/19/07

Only the truth is worth the ultimate sacrifice.
J.C. 1/26/06

Compared to the far right, the far left is somewhere in the middle. J.C. 2/22/06

I’ll be the first to apologies, as long as I get one back.
J.C. 3/7/06

It’s a happy man, who can laugh at himself.

If you’re looking for a new experience, don’t hire someone with a lot of it. J.C. sometime in 1990
PMEmail Poster               
gcw57 
  Posted: 01-Feb-2007, 05:09 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacReed

Realm: British Columbia

male

The most recent movies that I rented were Cars and The Illusionist.

Cars was pretty standard Disney fare, but lacked the magic of the older Disney movies.

The Illusionist was an interesting movie that was very well made - even if the outcome was somewhat predicable.

My last to visit to the Theatre was to see The Queen. I think Helen Mirren will have a new statue for her mantle after the Academy Awards!

--------------------
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
PMEmail Poster               
DesertRose 
Posted: 03-Feb-2007, 04:07 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

female

"Little Miss Sunshine." Really cute movie and loved it.

"The Devil Wears Prada." Reminded me much of the current TV series, "Ugly Betty" Still very good and Meryl Streep was excellent! She deserves any award she gets from this film. Very much loved this film!
Robert Phoenix 
Posted: 08-Feb-2007, 05:55 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

I just found out that they made the first two Evil Dead movies into a musical. Its playing in New York untill Feb 17. One video on youtube but the main website has abit more to see. Looks pretty funny.
PMEmail Poster               
Rindy 
Posted: 09-Feb-2007, 06:13 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacBirch

female

I got to see Blood Diamond. It really opened my eyes to the diamond market. I thought it was a good movie a bit bloody. I wouldn't take young children to it. I thought Leonardo Dicaprio did a good job of acting in it as did the others.

Slainte smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Siarls 
Posted: 10-Feb-2007, 10:10 AM
Quote Post

Student of Modern Celtic Languages
Group Icon

Group: Wales
ZodiacHawthorn

Realm: The Lliw Valley, South Wales

male

I've heard only good things about Blood Diamond. The South African accent is perfect according to a friend from Johannesburg. Not usually a fan of DiCaprio though.

I tell you who I do love - Meryl Streep. Bought The Devil Wears Prada on Monday and have watched it ten times since (eek - should be doing uni work).

By the way, how would I go about sending Ms. Streep a good luck card for the Oscars? Anyone know?

--------------------
Gwlad, gwlad, pleidiol wyf i´m gwlad
Tra môr yn fur
I'r bur hoff bau
O bydded i´r heniaith barhau
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
©2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics ©2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt