BluegrassLady 
Posted: 30-Dec-2006, 03:03 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacVine

Realm: south central Kentucky

female

Thursday we went to see Eragon with the family (eleven in all). We all thoroughly enjoyed it (ages from 56 to 7).

Has anyone seen We are Marshall?. Looks like it would be a good one.

BGL smile.gif

--------------------
With God............all things are possible
PMEmail Poster               
Muircheartach 
  Posted: 30-Dec-2006, 07:26 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Sunny Sunnyvale, CA

male

Hi BluegrassLady,

Sounds like you really liked it - I just received the books (Eragon & Eldest), but have decided to see the movie first before reading either of them. I'm not sure if you read Eragon before seeing the movie, but when I bought the books, Amazon had a fairly good deal - a "boxed hardbound edition" of Eragon & Eldest for $26USD, which included the packaging and post - not too bad!

Thanks so much for your review and post!

Have a very happy New Year!

--------------------
Best cheers! Robbie
PMEmail Poster               
Robert Phoenix 
Posted: 30-Dec-2006, 11:16 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Ironwood, MI

male

The new Fantastic Four trailer is online. Shows alot of the Silver Surfer. Think liquid terminator on a surfboard. Very cool. Hope the movie doesn't bomb. Second Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle trailer also online. Very funny.

--------------------
Unavoidably Detained by the World

"Irishness is not primary a question of birth or blood or language; it is the condition on being involved in the Irish situation, and usually of being mauled by it."-Conor Cruise O'Brien

Pour mouth to mouth
PMEmail Poster               
Rindy 
Posted: 31-Dec-2006, 10:05 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacBirch

female

I just saw the movie Beowulf & Grendal. Gerard Butler plays in it along with Stellan Skarsgard. If you like trowls and swords you'll like it. Can't say anymore or it will ruin the story... Its out to rent now.

Slainte smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
MDF3530 
  Posted: 03-Jan-2007, 06:29 PM
Quote Post

Madman with a box
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacAlder

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

I finally bought "Harry Potter & The Goblet of Fire" on DVD yesterday and watched it last night. I like the HP movies and the books equally. If I was one of those people on the HP fansites who whine about the movies not following the books to a T, I would've been disappointed. But I've never been a stickler for strict adherence to anything.

--------------------
Mike F.

May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.

user posted image
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
MDF3530 
  Posted: 03-Jan-2007, 06:35 PM
Quote Post

Madman with a box
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacAlder

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

The teaser trailer for "Harry Potter & the Order of the Phoenix" is out.

Here's the URL:

Apple.com-Harry Potter & the Order of the Phoenix
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Muircheartach 
Posted: 03-Jan-2007, 07:26 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacHazel

male

QUOTE (MDF3530 @ 03-Jan-2007, 04:29 PM)
I finally bought "Harry Potter & The Goblet of Fire" on DVD yesterday and watched it last night. I like the HP movies and the books equally. If I was one of those people on the HP fansites who whine about the movies not following the books to a T, I would've been disappointed. But I've never been a stickler for strict adherence to anything.

Hi Mike and all,

First, I just saw Eragon and thought it was very good - however, like I posted a while back, I purposely did not read the book first, but chose to see the movie instead. The special effects are outstanding - I also thought it was quite interesting to have the dragon speak with what sounded like an American accent while all those around her spoke the Queen's English. Hmmm.... perhaps they imported a State-side dragon for filming? wink.gif

To address something that Mike brought up, I am, unfortunately, one of those "whiners" who complain about how far the movies have left the books - however, I only whine to my wife about it, and since she doesn't like HP, it pretty much falls on def ears... My take on the HP movies are that the first two were close to 65% close to the book - the third was nearly 45-50% and the last one was about 33%. I do know that I would have certainly liked the movie more if I had read the book afterwards.
PMEmail Poster               
stoirmeil 
Posted: 04-Jan-2007, 09:51 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: New York

Went to see "Pan's Labyrinth" with a friend I never knew was squeamish about violence, although I've seen many movies with him. He was half under the seat about 20 times. Parents -- this is a gorgeous, difficult, harrowing, traumatic fantasy film. It is NOT for kids. DO NOT bring anyone under the age of about 14 or 15. Check a good review to see if it's for you.

All that said, it's quite amazing. Visually incredible in a dark, grotesque way, wonderful acting, gripping double story line. But again, traumatic.
PMEmail Poster               
Muircheartach 
Posted: 04-Jan-2007, 11:52 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacHazel

male

QUOTE (stoirmeil @ 04-Jan-2007, 07:51 AM)
Parents -- this is a gorgeous, difficult, harrowing, traumatic fantasy film.  It is NOT for kids.  DO NOT bring anyone under the age of about 14 or 15.  Check a good review to see if it's for you.

Hi stoirmeil,

I just went to the official Pan's Labyrnith site (http://www.panslabyrinth.com/) and you are 100% correct, this isn't for kids!!! sad.gif

The only review I saw was written by the Los Angeles Times and it said what I quoted you as saying - this is not for the faint of heart! It does, however, give a very good insight to what war and torture look like to a child with an imagination.

Thanks for the review - it's playing not too far from where I am and I might be brave enough to see it. wink.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Senara 
Posted: 06-Jan-2007, 09:22 AM
Quote Post

Musican/Ruler of the Dells/Warrior
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Caer Portshire, Mist Hollow

female

QUOTE (BluegrassLady @ 30-Dec-2006, 02:03 PM)
Thursday we went to see Eragon with the family (eleven in all). We all thoroughly enjoyed it (ages from 56 to 7).

Has anyone seen We are Marshall?. Looks like it would be a good one.

BGL smile.gif

I've just seen Eragon too. Loved Saphira's design and of course Rachel Weisz did a great job of voicing her. But as far as "dragon" movies go Dragonheart was still the best IMO.

I'm hoping to catch We Are Marshall this weekend...been watching the previews for weeks and every time I see it I'm wiping away tears. I only hope this is one movie where all the good material isn't in the preview.

--------------------
Senara-ism : Life is like a theatrical production only you get to be actor, director, and audience all at once. So break a leg, sit back and enjoy the show!

"When the waves are high and the light is dying, raise a glass and think of me..." -Gaelic Storm

Cha chir drn a thoirt an aghaidh pig.
A kiss ought not to be met with a fist.

Thig crioch air an saoghal, ach mairidh gaol is cel.
The world will pass away, but love and music last forever.

"I am a crazy, rabid squirrel! I want my cookies!" Hammy-Over the Hedge
PMEmail Poster               
Aaediwen 
Posted: 21-Jan-2007, 08:11 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Kentucky

male

Finally caught "Lady in the Water". I remember when I was seeing the trailers, I was thinking it was going to be some kind of light horror/suspense flick, and not normally something I would like. Yet at the same time, something seemed interesting about it.

I'm glad to say, that it was a lot more the fantasy film I have a weekness for, and a lot less what I was expecting. Now, it's not the best fantasy I have ever seen by any means. There are a few moments I thought were downright weak. But overall, I found the film to be rather enchanting. I'm considering the idea of watching it again before it's due back.

--------------------
Poet and seeker of knowledge

Mountain Legacy -- Born in the isles, raised in Appalachia
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
NEgolfman 
Posted: 21-Jan-2007, 10:54 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacAsh

Realm: La Vista, NE U.S.A.

male

Hi CR I'm new I just started posting, I saw the trailers for Eragon and it looks like a D & D type Harry Potter movie. A few scifi fans say it was more of a family sci fi type of movie. It looks adventerous.

Happy New Year,
Chris From Nebraska

Failte' & Slainte'
PMEmail PosterUsers Website               
stoirmeil 
Posted: 22-Jan-2007, 10:44 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: New York

QUOTE (Aaediwen @ 21-Jan-2007, 08:11 PM)
Finally caught "Lady in the Water". I remember when I was seeing the trailers, I was thinking it was going to be some kind of light horror/suspense flick, and not normally something I would like. Yet at the same time, something seemed interesting about it.

I'm glad to say, that it was a lot more the fantasy film I have a weekness for, and a lot less what I was expecting. Now, it's not the best fantasy I have ever seen by any means. There are a few moments I thought were downright weak. But overall, I found the film to be rather enchanting. I'm considering the idea of watching it again before it's due back.

I love Shyamalan's work, but I too thought it wasn't terribly strong in places. It was based on a running bedtime story he was telling his own kids, and he lost sight of the gap between the sweet, intimate kind of home experience of that and what's needed to sell a story to the public.

But visually, I really loved it, and the performances were so strong it was well worth overlooking any other kinds of problems.
PMEmail Poster               
valpal59 
Posted: 22-Jan-2007, 11:21 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Texas Panhandle

female

I know that I am way behind, but we watched Eight Below this weekend. Loved it. It was a wonderful movie, but I did go through alot of tissue. crybaby.gif Have to have Eight Below for my collection. We also watched Pirates of the Caribean Dead Man's Chest. We enjoyed it also. Also watched Eric Clapton's Crossroads. If you like Blue's music you will like this.

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.

You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."

Author Unknown
PMEmail Poster               View my Facebook Profile.View My Space Profile.
Rindy 
Posted: 22-Jan-2007, 03:21 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacBirch

female

Hi Chris and welcome to Celtic Radio. I hope you enjoy the music as well as the wonderful people who are on this forum. I would like to see Eragorn I have the book but haven't read it yet.

I just wanted to say Hello and we are almost Neighbors....I live in the west also..

Slainte smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics 2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt