Bookmark and Share
AaronD 
  Posted: 10-Nov-2003, 09:56 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacReed

male

Just attended a wonderful Eileen Ivers/Immigrant Soul concert this past weekend. We had a blast, and I'm just sending out a feeler to see what others think of this band. It's definitely a fusion of many sounds and influences. While I probably enjoy "pure or traditional" celtic more, walkman.gif EI is very, very entertaining. What do you think? rolleyes.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Darby 
Posted: 23-Nov-2003, 06:07 PM
Quote Post

Clan Member

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Virginia

female

YOU LUCKY DAWG!!! I love her! I fell in love with her about 7 or 8 years ago when I fell in love with Riverdance (I was introduced to it through watching a PBS special around Christmas time). I was intrigued with the lady with the blue fiddle:). I went searching for her name and then bought on of her CDs and I've been in love ever since. She's the first thing I have my friends listen to when they look at me with the eyebrows perked up and their face scrunched up after my telling them that I like Celtic music. None of them have ever had anything bad to say about her after hearing her! I've seen her perform a couple of times on TV and she seems very entertaining -- I haven't yet had the opportunity to see her in person, but I will before I meet my Maker (we all have that list, don't we?).

Do tell all about the concert; what she played, how she was (personality wise, I suppose), a funny story perhaps -- I'd love to hear.

Rogue

--------------------
"If you pray for a Cadillac and God sends you a jack-ass, ride it." Anon
PMEmail Poster               
AaronD 
Posted: 25-Nov-2003, 10:10 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacReed

male

This was the third time I've seen EI. Earlier this summer, (Celtic Fling, PA Ren Faire) I was lucky enough to see 2 shows over a weekend. I also knew her from Riverdance and realized what an electric performer she was. Immigrant soul is a virtual United Nations, with a Cuban percussionist, African-American bass player, Irish guitar, Irish tin whistle etc, and a lead singer from Chicago!! EI was also so very gracious,taking time to chat with my wife and me for few moments after the summer show. This latest show was a benefit concert for a local adult education organization and it was 2 hrs of superb showmanship! Her work gets heavy rotation at our house also.
Your know what I loved most? The fact that she truly looked like she was having a blast up there. That is so very important in a live show. I'm looking forward to more EI!! thumbs_up.gif
If you have her CD's, that was her show.
There was lunar eclipse the night of the latest show. She really got into that.
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics 2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt