Bookmark and Share
Raven_Whitefang
Posted: 13-Nov-2003, 04:10 AM
Quote Post

Main: Registration
Questions: Help
Important: Rules

Zodiac

In my experience with finding Deities that one is drawn to, its more like They choose You. I have come to the understanding in my studies that, no matter what name you give them, they all spring from a Mother and a Father figure. If you lumped all of the Mothers together, you would get the personalities, emotions, fears, etc...of a earthly woman. The same goes for the Fathers and men.

My hubby didnt "find" his by looking through books, (books helped him identify which ones chose him). He was chosen on a trip to another state during the drive. He woke from a nap and told me about the feelings he had in the dream. Sure enough, since then hes been with Ares and Athena.

Me on the other hand, I relate closely with ...
The Morrigan. Lovely statue of her as my avatar. I feel close to her. I posted in the Death topic before. It is as if, when I feel her energy, presence, etc.. I am at peace, knowing that my rage is Her rage.
Pan, in spinning in his chaos, I clear up some of my own. As well as seeing things for what they are and being able to deal with fast paced (chaotic) things
Anubis, the judge of the dead who weighs the soul by the weight of a feather.
Isis, the mother who creates life, keeps me sane when I am around children, yes even my own hehe.

vampire.gif

RavenWing 
Posted: 13-Nov-2003, 09:12 AM
Quote Post

Dorkus Trollus Maximus

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Indiana, USA

female

In my case the name Rhiannon just became an ever-present mantra for me. I had never heard of her, it was just there. I can tell you it wasn't from a Fleetwood Mac song either. I hadn't heard that until after the name popped into my head.

There are deities I want to feel a connection to because they seem so interesting, but these few I mentioned earlier are always there.

--------------------
May all your up's and down's be under the sheets!

Religion is for those who are afraid of going to Hell. Spirituality is for those who have already been there.
- Anonymous
PMEmail Poster               
bhalilama 
  Posted: 14-Nov-2003, 10:22 AM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacReed

female

I'm so glad to see a couple of new post here. This has been a great disscussion to follow. I love tje peaceful way each person has been able to share their Deities and the journey to them.
Blessed Be

--------------------

Today is the first day of the rest of your life.
Drink thee fast, the ale grows old!
PMEmail Poster               
RavenWing 
Posted: 14-Nov-2003, 10:28 AM
Quote Post

Dorkus Trollus Maximus

ZodiacHazel

female

I have an acquaintence who has had a personal experience with Eris, the goddess of Discordianism. From what I hear that was...interesting to say the least.

If anyone hs ever studied Discordianism, you will know what I mean. I tried but it made my head spin. huh.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Raven_Whitefang
Posted: 17-Nov-2003, 03:50 AM
Quote Post

Main: Registration
Questions: Help
Important: Rules

Zodiac

In Discordianism, you can't even take the book seriously. Thats the whole point, random Chaos that means absolutely nothing. Hotdogs without buns on a Friday, or even the holy phrase "Flying Baby S***". Its all about Chaos. I think its a fun read, and the people who follow it are some of the best people that I've met.
vampire.gif

RavenWing 
Posted: 17-Nov-2003, 06:57 PM
Quote Post

Dorkus Trollus Maximus

ZodiacHazel

female

Discordianism is extremely interesting, and I agree, the Discordians I know are some of the best people I know.
PMEmail Poster               
Celeste of the Stars1 
Posted: 18-Nov-2003, 07:50 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacVine

female

I was drawn to Isis and Pan, but now it seems my focus is slipping somewhere else. I have yet to figure out where its going, but I know that when it stops it will be some place wonderful! biggrin.gif

--------------------
Have a day!

Merry Meet, Merry Part and Merry Meet Again
Blessed Be,
*Celeste of the Stars*

"Always shoot for the moon that way if you miss you'll always land among the stars"

'An it harm non do what you will'
PMEmail Poster                
RavenWing 
Posted: 18-Nov-2003, 12:59 PM
Quote Post

Dorkus Trollus Maximus

ZodiacHazel

female

That sounds exciting! It seems like an adventure.
PMEmail Poster               
Pagan 
Posted: 21-Nov-2003, 10:28 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacHazel

female

To me there is only one God called by many names. It is almost like the deity is this endless table laden with every food, drink, delicacy that there is to offer and we walk up to it and choose what appeals to us at the moment. I have found that each time I approach the table I select different things. Some people continue to only choose what is familiar and comfortable to them. That is ok. I am constantly pushing the envelope on all things so that is my nature with my God as well. I am always questioning and wanting to know more. To comprehend God is to comprehend my self for I and the Father/Mother are one. I am God incarnate. So are you. don't limit God and you wont limit yourself. Some of these names and concepts that people choose to deify are limiting. We cannot apply earth bound principals to God. But that is what all religions do. I just try to let God be God and I am constantly and very pleasantly surprised. Do I call out to Holy Mother Quan Yin? Yes. Do I speak with men and angles on a daily basis? Most definitely. I need all the help I can get. Sometimes the Deity is too vast for my limited comprehension at any given moment and it is comforting to have a special name to give to It that I can call out to in my need. Does only that portion answer? No. The entirety that is God comes when you call. So, don't be surprised when you get more than what you asked for. Just be thankful and acknowledge that God by what every name you choose is greater than any of us can conceive of while we choose to inhabit this fragile form.

Peace and healing to all.....Pagan

--------------------
"the Truth is out there....."
PMEmail Poster               
Sėmeag 
Posted: 26-Feb-2009, 05:50 PM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Clan

ZodiacHawthorn

Realm: Sassan

female

I am drawn to the celtic/brythonic deities. wink.gif

--------------------
Tha mi'n dochas gu bheil an eadar theangachadh ceart!
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
Š2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics Š2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt