Group Icon

Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Toronto, CAN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
198,346 Gold!

Orla Fallon has created a true inspiration for this holiday Christmas season. A beautiful composition of 12 traditional Christmas songs performed with the grace and beauty of one of the original Celtic Woman! "A Celtic Christmas" is a holiday CD that is to be treasured year in and out with resounding sounds that will brighten your Christmas all through New Years. 5 Golden Christmas Stars for a beautiful and creative masterpiece!

http://www.celticradio.net/php/news.php?item=936

--------------------
Celtic Radio DJ
http://www.CelticRadio.net
Celtic Radio Music Network
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
mainopsman 
  Posted: 04-Jan-2011, 04:03 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

Realm: Dundalk, Maryland

male

Orla's "Celtic Christmas" is well done, and great to listen too, even if its not Christmas. The DVD for the CD is exceptional, featuring in addition to Orla, David Archuleta, Meav (of Celtic Woman fame), Mark Wills and Anuna. These is also another CD of Christmas music by Orla "Winter, Fire & Snow", different songs, and a great addition to her "Celtic Christmas" CD. Check both out, they are Orla, and great as always!

Jim

--------------------
Dedicate some of your life to others. Your dedication will not be a sacrifice. It will be an exhilarating experience because it is intense effort applied toward a meaningful end. Dr. Thomas Dooley
PMEmail Poster               
haynes9 
Posted: 05-Jan-2011, 09:16 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacElder

Realm: Ganado, Navajo Nation, Arizona

male

Orla has done a great job of "reinventing" herself after her departure from Celtic Woman. This s not to say that she has gone away from what made her popular. Not at all. She just seems to have figured a way to carve out a nice career post-Celtic Woman.

When she was with the group, I enjoyed hearing her, but it seemed she was a notch or so behind the other ladies. Her latest projects indicate that she is a strong performer in her own right and can hold her own quite well! Good for her and VERY good for us as we await new projects!

--------------------
Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost. -- John Quincy Adams

Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less - Robert E. Lee

For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved - Romans 10:13 (KJV)

The Lord is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble, and he knoweth them that trust in him - Nahum 1:7 (KJV)
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Robert Phoenix 
Posted: 21-Oct-2011, 09:10 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Ironwood, MI

male

I was in my local bookstore today and noticed that both Orla and David Arkenstone have Christmas CD's out for the year (2011). I thought it might be a rerelease but the song tracks are different The front cover has a harp against a snow background but the back is her in the same outfit as the one reviewed here with some changes. I did notice that it includes a card for downloading about 20 other titles.
The tracks that played in the store sounded a bit generic. If I were looking for Celtic sounding Christmas music the samples didn't help any. The David Arkenstone Christmas CD samples sounded more celtic. Check them out if you bookstore sells them. I don't know if they will show up at any big box stores.

--------------------
Unavoidably Detained by the World

"Irishness is not primary a question of birth or blood or language; it is the condition on being involved in the Irish situation, and usually of being mauled by it."-Conor Cruise O'Brien

Pour mouth to mouth
PMEmail Poster               
heartsong 
Posted: 25-Oct-2011, 02:03 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHazel

Realm: Chattanooga, TN

female

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #68
51,521 Gold!

Clan: AWARE

Orla did release 2 Christmas albums last year. They only have 1-2 songs the same on them.The first was "Winter, Fire And Snow: A Celtic Christmas Collection." She then created a whole new album for her PBS special "Orla Fallon's Celtic Christmas." Most places I've seen carry one or the other, but they are both on her website.

I've got her "Celtic Christmas" album and love it. This year I will need to get "Winter, Fire, and Snow."
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Robert Phoenix 
Posted: 26-Oct-2011, 06:25 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Ironwood, MI

male

I thought that the Winter, Fire, & Snow one seemed familar. Thanks for the clarification. biggrin.gif
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]