Posted: 09-Jul-2010, 06:58 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Quebec

female

My little cat Midori is born last year just two days before my birthday which I consider a sign .My boyfriend wasn't enthusiatic by the idea of adopting another cat because two months before we adopt her half brother Whisky .They are born from the same mother which was abandon by their owner.I hate people who abandon their animal in nature .

My parents see her during the winter ,they have pity and give her food and a little shelter outside.Surprise , they realize she was pregnant and give birth in march in their garage.They let her go thinking she will find her home and surprise again she gave birth in july.How to be invade by cats.

They contact a refuge and agree to pay a little price to be sure she will not gave birth again.It's not their cat and they hate the idea to pay for someone who didn't take his responsability but imagine baby cats in the winter.We found a house for every kitty.

I first adopt whisky which was the smallest kitty (his not now)and after Midori which has a malformation .I was so afraid by the idea of nobody who want a sick kitty I decided Whisky need company.

I was suffering of severe allergy to cats and it disappear when I saw Whisky the first time.Now I ask myself why I wait so long before having cats .They are the best way to be awake every morning an hour before the time .

N-R Hellfire
www.ravencostume.blogspot.com/
PMEmail PosterUsers Website               
Patch 
Posted: 02-Oct-2010, 02:32 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

Realm: America, Mid West

male

My brother is the pro bono Veterinarian for the animal shelter in the area where he practices. He donates his time though the shelter pays wholesale for the vaccinations and medications.

Sadly now there are more abandoned animals than in the past. The responsible persons turn them in to a shelter though many just dump them. My grand daughter found a young yellow lab in the restroom at a Meijrs department/grocery store last winter. Since they wore going to call the dog warden, my daughter took it and had it several times till she found a permanent home for it.

Cats are quite prolific and seem to adapt to the wild state quickly. It is great that people are willing to adopt shelter animals. For some reason they are hard to find homes for too.

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
82farmerandthedell 
Posted: 27-Jan-2012, 12:39 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacIvy

male

At my mother's place she had feral cats move in under her house years back, we spayed/neutered and found homes for as many as possible, but I still have around 10 of them! They have kept down the field mice pretty good though! I have two dogs I got from a shelter, I really love those two!
PMEmail Poster                
82farmerandthedell 
Posted: 27-Jan-2012, 12:46 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacIvy

male

A vet once told me that if you have one fertile female cat, and all of her descendants survive, in just a few years you will have 100 cats! sad.gif

The best cat I have is one who we couldn't give away because nobody wanted a cat with allergies,,,,we named him Spitty! biggrin.gif
PMEmail Poster                
Patch 
Posted: 01-Feb-2012, 06:38 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

Realm: America, Mid West

male

QUOTE (82farmerandthedell @ 27-Jan-2012, 01:39 PM)
At my mother's place she had feral cats move in under her house years back, we spayed/neutered and found homes for as many as possible, but I still have around 10 of them! They have kept down the field mice pretty good though! I have two dogs I got from a shelter, I really love those two!

I have a pair of pythons and since getting them there has been no evidence of a mouse in my home. I am told that rodents can smell the presence of snakes.

Slàinte,   

Patch  
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
©2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics ©2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt