Quote Post

Chieftain of the Clan
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacRowan

Realm: Sugar Grove, VA

male

Hello all.
I've been thinking about building a green house. My family had a small one when I was a kid and I really would like to have one now. I'm thinking about using plexiglass so I don't have to keep replacing the plastic. May be a bit too expensive though. I'm thinking of a size from as small as 12' X 12' to maybe 12' X 24'. Anyone have advice on what to do or what not to do?
PMEmail Poster               
stevenpd 
Posted: 06-May-2010, 11:39 AM
Quote Post

An American Guardian of the Realm
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacReed

Realm: Fountain Valley, Calif.

male

You might find this article about Planning and Building a Greenhouse from West Virginia University pretty informative.

It's difficult to go beyond basics. It all depends on your construction experience, budget, and space.

--------------------

user posted image

Vote in the 2013 Music Awards

Dear Lord, lest I continue in my complacent ways, help me to remember that someone died for me today. And if there be war, help me to remember to ask and to answer "am I worth dying for?" - Eleanor Roosevelt

The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.
-- Herbert Spencer, English Philosopher (1820-1903)
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
Patch 
Posted: 06-May-2010, 12:06 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacIvy

Realm: America, Mid West

male

I built a raised garden with 5 foot high 4X4's. It is 6X20 feet. In the early spring when the ground is still frozen I used to cover it with heavy plastic. I still have the plastic I bought 9 years ago but I do not leave it up in the winter. Winter ages plastic fast. If you can monitor the heat build up throughout the day you do not need automatic vents but if you can not heat, from the sun could cook the plants. Been there done that! There is a "green house grade" of plastic that commercial growers use but it costs more. You can find a wealth of information on the net. Many sites have tips to reduce building cost.

Good luck with the project. If you enjoy gardening a green house can give you the opportunity to dabble at it year round.

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
©2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics ©2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt