Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Fanciest Meal You've Ever Had At A Restaurant?, What is yours?
MDF3530 
  Posted: 18-Sep-2003, 03:27 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacWillow

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

The thread about venison stew got me to thinkin', and I was wondering what is the fanciest meal you've ever eaten at a restaurant?

Myself, I would have to say the time I had frog legs at a fancy restaurant in Iowa. They were good. Tasted like chicken.

--------------------
Mike F.

May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.

user posted image
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Catriona 
Posted: 18-Sep-2003, 03:58 PM
Quote Post

Banned Member

ZodiacBirch

Mike
I've eaten at some of the finest restaurants in Europe - from Paris to Harry's Bar in Venice. BUT.... one of my favourite eating places is in my home town....

We use this for special occasions, like wedding anniversaries, birthdays etc..... I've got a table booked for 3 weeks time to take my Aussie visitors.... Have a look at the witchery site.... Save up so that you can go there when you finally get to visit Scotland.....

http://www.thewitchery.com/home.html
PMEmail Poster               
ranger 
Posted: 18-Sep-2003, 08:14 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

Realm: Western Kentucky

male

Does "fanciest place that you've ALMOST eaten at" count. Me and a buddy were in Seattle, and the restaurant didn't look that expensive from the outside. But I guess that the chandeliers and the models of yachts on the walls should have given it away when we were being seated. When we were brought the menu, not a single price was listed. Everything was marked 'market value'! Beings that the good ole state of Kentucky was paying the bill, I decided that I wanted to keep my job for a while longer. We pulled the old 'I just got a page and we'll be right back' routine, and headed for the nearest Planet Hollywood. tongue.gif tongue.gif

--------------------
"...so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

'The Lord of the Rings' - Book one
PMEmail Poster               
Roisin-Teagan 
Posted: 20-Sep-2003, 12:39 AM
Quote Post

a ragamuffin of Eireann
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacElder

Realm: South Louisiana

female

My fanciest meal was eaten at the Pelican Club in the French Quarter in New Orleans, my home town. It was a four course meal. Started with a butter squash soup, next a spring salad, for the entree a savory pasta dish along side a stuffed Lobster with a glass of white wine. For desert we had chocolate cheese cake and champagne. A friend was entertaining and paying the bill, so I didn't have to worry about the price. But I did notice that the prices were not listed. I really enjoyed the atmosphere and the food. Usually if the food is excellent, the service and atmosphere will be pleasent. smile.gif

--------------------
Roisin-Teagan

"There, in that hand, on that shoulder under that chin---all of its lightness delicately balanced and its strings skillfully bowed---it becomes a voice."---Rich Mullins

"At 18, if you have oversized aspirations, the whole world sees you as a dreamer. At 40, you get the reputation for being a visionary." ---Rich Mullins

"God gives the gifts where He finds the vessel empty enough to receive them."---C.S. Lewis

Éire go Brách!
PMEmail Poster               
Shadows 
Posted: 20-Sep-2003, 08:16 AM
Quote Post

Reader of souls, vision seeker, TROLL
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: The frontier of Penn's Woods

male

The fanciest meal I ever had was at a place called " Billy Martin's Carrige House" in the Georgetown area of Washington D.C. back in the late '60s. I had their surf and turf, do not get this mixed up with the normal surf and turf of Red Lobster fame!
It was Prime Rib and a whole lobster along with all the trimings!!!

I don't recall the exact amount of the bill, but it set me back a good ways.

I don't even know if that place is still there anymore.

--------------------
I support the separation of church and hate!

IMAGINATION - the freest and largest nation in the world!

One can not profess to be of "GOD" and show intolerence and prejudice towards the beliefs of others.

Am fear nach gleidh na h–airm san t–sith, cha bhi iad aige ’n am a’ chogaidh.
He that keeps not his arms in time of peace will have none in time of war.

"We're all in this together , in the parking lot between faith and fear" ... O.C.M.S.

“Beasts feed; man eats; only the man of intellect knows how to eat well.”

"Without food we are nothing, without history we are lost." - SHADOWS

Is iomadh duine laghach a mhill an Creideamh.
Religion has spoiled many a good man.

The clan MacEwen
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
barddas 
Posted: 22-Sep-2003, 02:53 PM
Quote Post

Offical sacrifice to the guitar gods-Play til you bleed

ZodiacWillow

Realm: second star to the right, straight until morning

male

Hhmmm, The Fanciest place I have ever eaten...... Um, I guess it was this wonderful little place in New Orleans. On Taluce(sp) st. A few blocks down from the Old Absinthe house. As you can tell I remember EVERYTHING but the name.

The food was to die for. Crawfish effoute', with a bowl of gumbo, and oyster on the half shell.

Or Chef Joc's in Severville< tennessee Roast Quail, with a seasoned wild rice and and an salad of mix wild greens with a raspberry vinegrette...

I'll be back to Tennessee in November.

--------------------
BARDDAS BLOG/WEB SITE

Co Founder/Member of the KDC

Music is holy, art is sacred, and creativity is power

Everyday is EARTH DAY to a farmer

"Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much."
Oscar Wilde

Some men are drawn to oceans, they cannot breathe unless the air is scented with a salty mist. Others are drawn to land that is flat, and the air is sullen and is leaden as August. My people were drawn to mountains- Earl Hamner Jr.

PMEmail Poster                
RavenWing 
Posted: 23-Sep-2003, 07:26 AM
Quote Post

Dorkus Trollus Maximus

ZodiacHazel

Realm: Indiana, USA

female

My cousin and I went to this Italian restaraunt in Soho. The name of the place escapes me, but it was really swanky. (I think the name of the place was the name of a wine)

--------------------
May all your up's and down's be under the sheets!

Religion is for those who are afraid of going to Hell. Spirituality is for those who have already been there.
- Anonymous
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]