Patch 
Posted: 25-Mar-2010, 12:18 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacIvy

Realm: America, Mid West

male

Cats probably have fast enough reflexes to kill snakes but the two snakes I have would eat cats. They are quiet and gentle, except when they eat. Since I got them about 4 years ago I have not had a mouse in my residence. Though I can not smell them I am told that their prey, which includes mice, can.

Snakes are not for everyone though. When my grand daughter visits she counts the snakes when she first comes in the house.

If someone bottled "essence of snake" they could possibly make a mint.

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
stoirmeil 
Posted: 25-Mar-2010, 05:46 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: New York

laugh.gif
Look at the proverb today:

"Is bean-taighe ‘n luchag air a taigh fhèin."
The mouse is mistress in her own house.

I guess that tells you straight, Merle. And in gaidhlig, too.
PMEmail Poster               
merle 
Posted: 27-Mar-2010, 07:53 PM
Quote Post

Honored Clan Member
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacReed

Realm: Washington State

male

Holy Moses I caught 2 more today! I've lived in this house for 15 years and my last cat died at age 19 a few years ago and this is my first mouse invasion. At least my trap is now working.
PMEmail Poster               
merle 
Posted: 27-Mar-2010, 07:58 PM
Quote Post

Honored Clan Member
Group Icon

ZodiacReed

male

[QUOTE=Patch,25-Mar-2010, 10:18 AM]Cats probably have fast enough reflexes to kill snakes but the two snakes I have would eat cats. They are quiet and gentle, except when they eat. Since I got them about 4 years ago I have not had a mouse in my residence. Though I can not smell them I am told that their prey, which includes mice, can.

Snakes are not for everyone though. When my grand daughter visits she counts the snakes when she first comes in the house.

If someone bottled "essence of snake" they could possibly make a mint.

Slàinte,    

Patch    

It is amazing what cats can catch and bring home as trophies. Besides all the usual stuff I have been presented with rattlesnakes, fish, rabbits and even a turtle!
PMEmail Poster               
stoirmeil 
Posted: 31-Mar-2010, 03:10 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

QUOTE (merle @ 27-Mar-2010, 08:53 PM)
Holy Moses I caught 2 more today! I've lived in this house for 15 years and my last cat died at age 19 a few years ago and this is my first mouse invasion. At least my trap is now working.

How far away from the house are you bringing them to release them? (And do you pack them a little something for the road?) smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
merle 
Posted: 31-Mar-2010, 07:45 PM
Quote Post

Honored Clan Member
Group Icon

ZodiacReed

male

I am releasing them about 100 feet away in the neighbors yard (after dark of course) and am leaving them a peanut butter and cracker snack. biggrin.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Rindy 
Posted: 21-May-2010, 07:50 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Was wondering if you have all the mice out of the house now?

Slainte
PMEmail Poster               
merle 
Posted: 21-May-2010, 08:01 PM
Quote Post

Honored Clan Member
Group Icon

ZodiacReed

male

Rindy it is funny that you ask. I thought my victory over the mice was complete until last week. I had a bag of Fritos on the kitchen table and thought I heard a strange rustling sound coming from it so I picked it up to investiage and it started squeaking! This is a tue story:) So I tossed it out the door and checked on it later and the bag still had the Fritos in it but no sqeaks. Needless to say I fired up my peanut butter and cracker trap again but haven't had any takers yet.

I don't think the war has ended yet.
PMEmail Poster               
Rindy 
Posted: 21-May-2010, 08:17 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Oh no merle! I bet that startled ya. If it would of been me we would of had fritos all over the kitchen. oh, gee..and you know there's nothing worse than the frito bandito mice they mean business. LOL.. well let us know what happens.
It's been a bit colder here and I've noticed more in the garage than normal.

Good luck to you. Slainte beer_mug.gif
PMEmail Poster               
stoirmeil 
Posted: 22-May-2010, 06:45 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

You could just keep them on that Frito diet -- they might all die of heart attacks. Life expectancy of a mouse is not that great even when they are healthy. wink.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Rindy 
Posted: 13-Aug-2010, 08:55 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Well this is of the rodent family but my dog told me there was something in my window well. I looked down and there was a huge hole dug. So I took a stick pushed it in the hole, saw nothing but huge teeth. So got the hose to flush it out.

Well out it came. I had to club it as I wasn't sure what it was it came flying out. Scared me to death!!! How weird. Feel sad now as it was a big prairie dog. My dog a Schipperke is a excellent rodent getter, that's what they were bred for on ships. I could of had tunnels through out my yard....

Anyone had any mice or rodent problems? Fall will be here and they will be making their way in to the warmth.

Slainte
PMEmail Poster               
Posted: 23-Oct-2010, 06:27 AM
Quote Post

Group:
ZodiacBirch

Use a fly trap. I'm referring to that paper like pad that is very sticky and it is commonly used to trap flies. It is also applicable to mice. Put a little amount of food in the middle and when the mouse tries to eat the food,it will get stuck in the trap. I also experience this in our house and I'm 100% sure that it is effective. You trap the mouse without killing it. smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Rhymer 
Posted: 25-Oct-2010, 04:11 PM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Clan

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Kilsyth, Scotland

male

Thers a moose loose aboot this hoose.
For mice eradication introduce it to a cat, who will then proceed to bring them home for some fun. Chase them out dont beleive it. Any unpaying lodger mice tend to come in by themselves and got out by themselves. The most amazing little rodent was one that was an extreme sports fan, he or she climbed up the outside of the house and came in through the open living room window, even the cat watched in amazement. We do though have some bats resident in our loft.

Rhymer.

--------------------
"We are the last people on earth, the last to be free": Calgacus
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
Rindy 
Posted: 25-Oct-2010, 10:30 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Had to laugh at the moose in the hoose. I think nature can take care but if it gets really bad ya have to do something, I didn't have much luck with the square sticky mice paper they would get on and scream finally lay down. They are alive when you throw them away. I had one leave it's leg in it. so I don't want to us those anymore.. Finally figured out who you were today Mr RYHMER' nice to see you here. Well gues I best be geting on to bed. Getting late.

Slainte
PMEmail Poster               
merle 
Posted: 25-Oct-2010, 10:44 PM
Quote Post

Honored Clan Member
Group Icon

ZodiacReed

male

Back when I had lots of cats I had more mice in the house because they kept bringing them into the house and releasing them for my pleasue I guess. Cats do have a sense of humor. Right now I am catless and have found a humane trap that works without that paper that pulls their skin and legs off.
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]