Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )
   Mobile App

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Tell Congress: We Will Remember In Nov!
Bookmark and Share
Patch 
Posted: 21-Mar-2010, 11:55 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacIvy

Realm: America, Mid West

male

Information received this AM indicates that a substantial number of D's are not yet behind the bill and passage is still up in the air. It appears nearly all D congressmen are getting nervous.

We are preparing to leave for Nevada in the AM to finalize and set in motion the plan for Reids defeat. Also to expose the faux Tea Party group organized by Reids campaign in a feeble and desperate attempt to fracture the Tea Party in Nevada. We put this off because of Harry's wife and daughter's injuries sustained in a traffic accident. In following Harry's actions in the aftermath he showed little concern so we might have over reacted.

Slàinte,    

Patch    

PMEmail Poster               
Antwn 
Posted: 21-Mar-2010, 02:56 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

Realm: UDA ond o linach Cymry

male

QUOTE (MacEoghainn @ 21-Mar-2010, 08:52 AM)
Since when did "paid advertising" become a requirement for advocating for or against a particular issue or candidate? If one can't advocate for their particular policy or cause in this forum, then where?

I would assume that if the "management" of the website felt this, or any other thread, violated the site's TOS or advertising policies they would have said something by now. censored.gif

Well, after three people have tried to explain the difference between advocay and solicitation and you still don't understand then I don't know what else can be said.

As to your second point, one can only hope.

--------------------
Yr hen Gymraeg i mi,
Hon ydyw iaith teimladau,
Ac adlais i guriadau
Fy nghalon ydyw hi
--- Mynyddog
PMEmail Poster               
Antwn 
Posted: 21-Mar-2010, 02:57 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

male

sorry, advocacy was the word - typo.
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 21-Mar-2010, 03:04 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

male

There is still time to register your position with your representative.

It appears that the votes are dragging and the HC vote will likely be between 10PM and midnight. A comfortable time for politicians to pass a controversial bill.

Slàinte,    

Patch    

PMEmail Poster               
MacEoghainn 
Posted: 21-Mar-2010, 03:58 PM
Quote Post

Fear-leanmhainn an Rìgh
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Cape Coral, Florida, USA, Planet Earth

male

Advocacy-the act or process of advocating or supporting a cause or proposal

Advocate-to plead in favor of

Solicit-1: to make petition to : entreat : to approach with a request or plea
2: to urge (as one's cause) strongly

solicitation-the practice or act or an instance of soliciting

--------------------
MacE
AKA
Steve Ewing

I know that my Redeemer lives, and that in the end he will stand upon the earth. Job 19:25

"Non sibi sed patriae!"

Reviresco (I grow strong again)
Clan MacEwen motto

Audaciter (Audacity)
My Ewing Family Motto
(descendants of Baron William Ewing of Glasgow, born about 1630)

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." Abraham Lincoln

"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum." from "Epitoma Rei Militaris," by Vegetius

PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               
Robert Phoenix 
Posted: 21-Mar-2010, 04:41 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Ironwood, MI

male

Well apparently none of this matters now. Stupak and the other fictional pro-life Democrats, using the cover of a worthless Executive Order, are voting for Health-care and federally funded abortion.
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/house/ci.S...an.opinionPrint

Since I will not be able to afford the mandatory health car coverage when it rolls out in 2014 or the fines that come with not having it, it looks like I may have to find a different country to live in. sad.gif

--------------------
Unavoidably Detained by the World

"Irishness is not primary a question of birth or blood or language; it is the condition on being involved in the Irish situation, and usually of being mauled by it."-Conor Cruise O'Brien

Pour mouth to mouth
PMEmail Poster               
Antwn 
Posted: 21-Mar-2010, 05:25 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

male

QUOTE (MacEoghainn @ 21-Mar-2010, 03:58 PM)

Solicit-1: to make petition to : entreat : to approach with a request or plea

Good, then you understand the difference between advocating an idea and soliciting votes. Glad you're clear.
PMEmail Poster               
stoirmeil 
Posted: 21-Mar-2010, 05:48 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: New York

QUOTE (Antwn @ 21-Mar-2010, 05:25 PM)
QUOTE (MacEoghainn @ 21-Mar-2010, 03:58 PM)

Solicit-1: to make petition to :  entreat : to approach with a request or plea

Good, then you understand the difference between advocating an idea and soliciting votes. Glad you're clear.

It seems quite clear that the definition of "solicit" quoted here covers very accurately what Patch is doing in his post at the beginning of the thread.

I'd still like to know what this solicitation has to do with gun owners directly, as individuals or as a lobby, but I don't suppose I shall find out.
PMEmail Poster               
Antwn 
Posted: 21-Mar-2010, 05:56 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

male

QUOTE (stoirmeil @ 20-Mar-2010, 08:32 PM)
and might in fact even be taken as an official endorsement on the part of the site and not the member.

This is another good point. I don't think its within the legitimate prerogative of members to put the site as a whole in a position where an endorsement by the site may be inferred.

Its not just other political ads that are the point. Despite the fact that it was posted by a participant not an administrator, its also discourteous in particular to put site administrators in the position where they'd have to explain to businesses which pay for ads here why what amounts to a political ad is free. Those advertisers may decide to become members and post their ads on the forum for free at a loss of revenue to Celtic Radio. They could legitimately complain that if CR allows political ads in forums why not their business ad. They'd have a valid point. The forum would of course then degenerate into a spam forum. Anyone want that?

I mentioned this earlier regarding other political ads and I think Scotsman made a similar point, if so, sorry for the reiteration. Seems important.

Think we need a resolution from CR at this point. My 2 cents.
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 21-Mar-2010, 06:29 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

male

QUOTE (Robert Phoenix @ 21-Mar-2010, 05:41 PM)
Well apparently none of this matters now. Stupak and the other fictional pro-life Democrats, using the cover of a worthless Executive Order, are voting for Health-care and federally funded abortion.
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/house/ci.S...an.opinionPrint

Since I will not be able to afford the mandatory health car coverage when it rolls out in 2014 or the fines that come with not having it, it looks like I may have to find a different country to live in. sad.gif

Though the bill appears to have the votes there are still 13 D's who supported the bill and then wavered. They have made no official commitment yet.

The Catholic church was opposed to the mandatory participation in abortions by the medical profession and hospitals against their religious beliefs. That may still be in the bill. There has been nothing said in my presence about the cost which Stupak got a promise(?) of the XO to create.

The best part of the bill is that it will not be effective for 4 years. (Time to challenge it's Constitutionality) However the cost will begin immediately. The 500 billion will be stripped from medicare before then. Insurance increases have started in anticipation of the bills passage and will continue. at 20 to 30% a year until them most insurance plans would cease to exist. With forced coverage all will pay the price for the high risk.

Your concern for the mandated coverage is understandable. The IRS will enforce compliance and seize the money but Constitutional scholars feel this is a blatant violation of ones Constitutional rights and will be one of many things, if not the entire bill, overturned by the SC. There is likely to be a required vote again in the senate so start calling your senators with your views.

For what it's worth, Mexico has a favorable exchange rate and rental rates.

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
MacEoghainn 
Posted: 21-Mar-2010, 06:36 PM
Quote Post

Fear-leanmhainn an Rìgh
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Cape Coral, Florida, USA, Planet Earth

male

QUOTE (Antwn @ 21-Mar-2010, 06:56 PM)
Think we need a resolution from CR at this point. My 2 cents.

I believe a possible response to your query might be found here:

Health Bill, Political Suicide
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               
Camac
Posted: 21-Mar-2010, 06:43 PM
Quote Post

Main: Registration
Questions: Help
Important: Rules

Zodiac

Well guys I watched the American news to-night and all the fuss and bother seems to have been for naught. It's a done deal with enough yes votes. Barring someone changing their mind at the last minute you guys are going to have a semi socialized medicare program.

Camac

stoirmeil 
Posted: 21-Mar-2010, 06:59 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: New York

QUOTE (MacEoghainn @ 21-Mar-2010, 06:36 PM)
I believe a possible response to your query might be found here:

Health Bill, Political Suicide

Why do you say so?
PMEmail Poster               
Jillian 
Posted: 21-Mar-2010, 07:08 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Brittany
ZodiacOak

Realm: Pennsylvania

female

Well solicit or advocate...I'm asking everyone who disagrees with this health care reform to contact their congressman and let them know.

Jillian

--------------------

"Disappointments are inevitable. Discouragement is a choice."
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Patch 
Posted: 21-Mar-2010, 07:52 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

male

QUOTE (Jillian @ 21-Mar-2010, 08:08 PM)
Well solicit or advocate...I'm asking everyone who disagrees with this health care reform to contact their congressman and let them know.

Jillian

It's time to again include your senators. Those who called, should be proud. They got nearly all of the D house members to shut down their phone call in systems. For the most part the counters still worked.

Look at the comments coming out of DC now. They are showing their true colors,

I am headed to Nevada to help set up the "machinery to defeat Reid. Those who are put off by my posting will have a breather, albeit a brief one. between 2 and 4 days this trip. It would be great to remove Pelosi too but it is not worth the expense. California Tea Party groups plan to work against her but I am not sure if they have a viable candidate to oppose her.

If we can flip the house and it just became VERY likely, an impeachment and maybe even a removal may be in the wings. We can not take the senate in one election but we can scare the bejesus out of them. They may be happy to get shed of the albatross.

If the developments today make you mad, support the Tea Party by spreading the word. I assure you we will appreciate it and we will support any candidate who will vote the will of his/her constituents. Many of "our" candidates will be Republican and Independents. A few "might" be conservative democrats. We have to talk about that yet as some of us are not sure democrats can now be elected in other than the most liberal areas.

I was going to shut the computer down after my last post so I had best quit now.

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
©2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics ©2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt