Posted: 21-Nov-2003, 11:13 PM
Quote Post

The Protector of the Unknown
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Guysborough Co., Nova Scotia

male

Strange. The Highlander seemed extremelly interested in Dragonstrike. He showed me his current blade, and it's in a sad state of afairs. I don't imagine it's got many more blows in it, so I can't imagine him leading off on an adventure. Perhaps he saw some shady characters and decided to find out more of them. He's a good fellow, that one.

Actually, from what I hear of that grove, there's a good chance he's become the victim of some trickster. You know as well as I do that the creatures that live in that wood are nothing if not mischievious. I can't imagine he'd have given up a chance to lay his hand on that sword, my good man. And he's not a man to just disapear. He practicaly swore his oath to these old walls.

note.gif *hums a little tune* note.gif

............. wait............. Can you take me to this grove?

--------------------
Caw

"I am a Canadian by birth, but I am a Highlander by blood and feel under an obligation to do all I can for the sake of the Highlanders and their literature.... I have never yet spoken a word of English to any of my children. They can speak as much English as they like to others, but when they talk to me they have to talk in Gaelic."

-Alexander Maclean Sinclair of Goshen (protector of Gaelic Culture)

We need more Stan Rogers.

jams
PMEmail PosterUsers Website               
MacErca 
Posted: 21-Nov-2003, 11:40 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Houston, Texas

male

Why yes of course. In fact, we might even meet up with an old friend of mine while there, now as to the mischievious nature, when you are dealing with the Tuatha, things can get quite interesting to say the least, but I have a special affinity for that old grove, not many of them left.

We can go whenever you are ready.

--------------------
"Cuimhnich air na daoine o'n d'thaining thu"
Remember the men from whom you are descended.

I am Wolf.
It is my cry you hear in the night,
My eyes that gaze at you from the shadows.
It is my heart that beats in your Soul,
My strength that makes you whole.
I am Wolf. I am in you.
You are in Me. We Are Wolf.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteView My Photographs               
oldraven 
Posted: 22-Nov-2003, 12:10 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacHazel

male

Bloody Barbarians, I say. Killing a noble creature for sport. For prize. They should know the repercussions of such an act. Their games will end soon, and not for the good of their people.

This scroll is indeed strange. GOOD GOD!! *singes his hair* Best be careful to lean back when reading this. I'm not familiar with the exact dialect. Sintot, perhaps? Noraton?

Could you leave this with me? I'd like to bring this out to Rider. Her familiarity with Draconian kind may help unlock this script.

*grabs Aaed's arm at the elbow with both hands, as Aaediwen does the same in return*

You are a great friend to the people, no matter where your feet take you, and I thank you for that my friend. If you have no other business, perhaps you would follow me to the front. Any helping hand is welcome to these people in need. Master Smith, Macerca and I have a previous engagement in a nearby grove, as to the disapearance of our lonely Highlander. Your deductive nature may help there as well. I must gather a few things first. If you decide to join us, we'll be meeting in the tavern at first light.

Good day, and may the spirits guide you.
MacErca 
Posted: 22-Nov-2003, 12:54 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHazel

male

Labban
It?s good to see you.

As you know, the day that I had finished the sword and was out testing it Raawin one of the forest people had just touched on the power that the sword holds, and that was over two winters ago.

Many a time I thought to strap it on but I knew the great sword was not made for me, Raawin had instructed me to tell no one, but that one day, one would come and then I would know the time.

Labban I believe that the time has come to reveal what I have been told??.. wait listen can you hear that? a twig, (snap), just then Raawin steps from the shadows of the great live oaks, lifts his hand across his chest in the familiar Tuatha greeting.

Macerca, good to see you again, I felt I had to come to meet with you.

Labban, greetings, from the Tuatha, and yes I know your name, my name is Raawin, and sorry Macerca, Gloren will not be able to join with us to day, but we should have a very special visitor to come meet with us.

Now Labban, Macerca, I will tell each of you the powers of the sword, in that to heft the sword in anger will bring you ill fortune, there is a difference between battle rage and anger I am sure as experienced as you both are knows that.

Master Labban I request that what you here and see today that you record this for the future.

This is a sword like you have never seen or held ?..then from off in the distance a mighty sound of wings, it draws closer and closer, until it is a roar, then a huge shadow passes over, then a dragon lands not more than 20 yards away.
Highlander 
Posted: 22-Nov-2003, 01:18 AM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacHazel

Realm: New York, USA

male

The Highlander walks quietly into the Glen for his meeting with Macerca, but alas there is no one to be found, as he looks further he spies a hag tying tree limbs together in such a shape as he never saw before. He calls out to the hag, "who thy be, and why ye here?" She replies, Highlander, I have been waiting for you, for I know of you from the olde, and why your truly here. You have come to see the great sword, and with it avenge the killings of your King and Clan... The Highlander bellows, WHAT KNOWS YE OF ME AND MINE, OLD HAG? Come closer brave Highlander, or perhaps I should call you by name? QUIET HAG, OR LOOSE YE HEAD, never is my name to be spoken again until the reunion of the Clans and King. Highlander edged closer as a strange mist envelopes them, and then there was emptiness in the Glen...

--------------------
Highlander, 2004

"Fortune favors the Daring"
Neither draw me without cause, nor return me without honour
Clan MacKinnon
oldraven 
Posted: 22-Nov-2003, 02:16 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacHazel

male

It is my great honour to meet with you here, Master Raawin. *Labban bows graciously to the strange man, lowering his eyes to show trust*

Just then a great wind came about them, and a shadow covered the earth about them. What devilry is this? Then a Dragon lands near them in the clearing and bellows a fierce cry. Plumes of searing fire lept from it's great mouth. It's tongue glowing as an ember, and cold grey eyes dead as the stones at its feet.

It sat there for a moment, staring at them, each in turn. None of the three companions could move, either for fear or some other enchantment. As if confused, or detached, it simply regarded the trio without comprehension.

What is it doing? whispered Macerca.

At that the beast sat straight up and recoiled it's head. Smoke seething from its nostrils and a glow in it's belly, as of a crock pot left to long on the fire.

It's going to kill us, that's what. GET COVER!!

Labban dove behind a rock, just as the creature concentrated its calm ferocity at the screaming man. This gave Macerca chance to dive out of harms way over a ditch by a nearby stream. As Labban straightened himself, he noticed that Raawin had disapeared.

The air was alight. Heat so unbearable. He choked with every gasp of the inferno, and promptly lost conciousness.

((OOC Nice, seems to be getting a point now))
Highlander 
Posted: 22-Nov-2003, 02:30 AM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacHazel

male

Out of the flames and disappearing mist comes the Highlander, sword drawn daring the fire breather to attack, he has sworn to protect, and that he will do until the end - The dragon turn away from his prey and spies the Highlander- Is this the end of the Highlander, it is up to Macera now with his magic sword, if only the Highlander can get to Macera and the sword, the dragon attacks, fire - smoke - ash, is everywhere, but the Highlander is gone! Gone? No, he is next to Macera, the Highlander looks down and says,"come Macera, there is battle to be done, it is time to fulfill our destinies", Macera looks up in understanding, and says???? gunsmilie.gif
oldraven 
Posted: 22-Nov-2003, 03:16 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacHazel

male

The pain........ GAAAUUGH!!! The burning. HEEEEEEEEELP

Labban sit's up with a start. His head reels and he blacks out. Not in sleep, but without sight. His skin feels taught and thin. Something has happened. Something horrible. Where was he? Why couldn't he see?

Calm yourself, Labban. Fussing will only make this more difficult. It was Raawin, that little woodland man. Tuatha, they are called. I really don't know much about them, but know they are trustworthy.

What's happened to me? Where have you taken me? CAN YOU STOP THE PAIN?

Yes. I can. To an extent. The pain will subside, and you will be restored. I'm afraid you will always cary this with you however. As for your whereabouts, I've removed you from the mortal plain to this place. The Faerie realm. You can rest here and recover without fear. Said the Tuatha in a hushed and mournful voice. Such care.

Can you tell me how I............ The Firedrake!!! MACERCA!! What of my friend? Has the Dragon taken him too? The scene was back in full detail.

Macerca will be fine. I have seen it. He will walk away from this battle. Sadly, the Dragon will not. As for you, there has been an unexpected turn of events. Raawin let out a mournful sigh. There was hesitation in his voice. Even in the blackness, he could sense the look of dread on his anchient face. The scroll you carried with you to the grove. It was not just any scroll. A truely unfortunate chance that you carried it with you to the wood. It would seem that the Drake's fire had seered the sheep skin parchment to your skin. It's been bonded to you.

Could this really be happening? Then a realisation came upon Labban. He raised his hand up to his cheast. As the elder said, there seemed to be skin as thick and rough as hide. He then continued up toward his face. Raawin?......... The little man grabbed him by the wrist to stop him. Just as he felt something wet meander down his cheek, the old one let out one last sigh of defeat and loosened his grip.

What Labban found beneath his fingertips was horrifying.

He cried long and loud.
Highlander 
Posted: 22-Nov-2003, 03:37 AM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacHazel

male

The Highlander whos blood now boils with the thought once again of battle, lets out a cry that curdles Maceras blood, "Cumbrich Bas Ailpein" Maceras now realizes who the Highlander truly is, and how the the magic sword belongs to this man this HIGHLANDER, but how? He died many years ago? But Macera know that he will never tell the Highlanders secret, without his leave...
Angel Whitefang (Rider) 
Posted: 22-Nov-2003, 06:29 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacRowan

Realm: Portland, Oregon

female

*Riders head comes up quickly she feels the presence of the dragon near, Her mind spins as there is loss of touch with Labban. Stopping mid-stream of the healing spell she is casting over a young child, her heart pounds as she hears the scream of the Fire Drake. Immediatly she calls on Nemarth and the Dragons which she guards for their assistance*

~Nemarth, I am of need of you~

*within seconds Nemarth appears her hard down stokes causing dust and dirt to fly around. Quickly Rider run and Mounts her Great Dragon*

~what can you tell me of this Dragon? Asks Rider~

Nemarth replies ~ His name is Shoran, he is under a spell by whom I have not that knowledge. He is on a mission to destroy a scroll that would give you power over the FireDrakes.~

~ Take me to him and do it now, for I canna feel Labban any longer. I feel pain some one has been hurt by this dragon. We canna allow this to go on. If it does the humans will try to distroy you all!~

*Nemarth glints between planes, arriving a halfs tic after Shorans breath & anger subsides. Landing carefull out of his reach, Nemarth lowers herself so Rider may dismount. Rider stand peside Nemarth and Calls the Dragon by name*

SHORAN!..I CALL YOU SHORAN !!!

*turning his large head Shoran looks at Rider*

~What do you want Dragon Master?~ inquires Shoran. His anger building again.

*Nemarth Raises her head and Bugles loudly. Her call brings down a circle of dragons which surround Shoran and Rider*

~I wish to inquire why you are here and why you are harming those of this land.~

~BEGON WITH YOU WITCH!~

**rearing his head back Shoran releases a long stream of fire aimed directly at Rider**

((OOC: More tomorrow))

PMEmail PosterRead My Blog                
MacErca 
Posted: 22-Nov-2003, 11:20 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHazel

male

Meanwhile back in the glen whith Highlander and Macerca dodging the flame of this lesser dragon, with nothing but destruction on it's mind, Raawin and Labban gone to who knows where, the fire seems to come from everywhere and all at once, is this the end, is there no escape.

Just then Rider appears with her group of dragons, ands confronts Shoran, as it wears on Shoran rears his head back and releases a long strem of flame at Rider and her group, as the flame reaches her it divides in a split tongue of fire and harmlessly encircles them, which enrages Shoran even more as he rears back for another go, everyone in the glen notices something in the sky, a speck that seems to be coming their way, it grows larger and larger until it is noticed that this is another dragon but twice as large as any of the other dragons.

This new dragon circles overhead and calls out a challenge to Shoran, with a mighty leap Shoran is airborne, and meets this new challenge, wings fold and the large dragon seems to fall out of the sky, in an instant he is level with Shoran, and just that quick it is over, Shoran is engulfed in fireball like no one has ever seen, nothing but a burning hulk falls to earth.

The large dragon circles and lands before the assembled group,Raawin and Labban appears in a puff of smoke, Raawin walks over to the dragon and greets him like they were brothers, then motions for us to join them,
As we walk up to the dragon he starts moving his mouth and a sound of clicks, hisses and a cross between a howl and a growl comes forth. We just stand there not knowing what to do. Raawin walks over to me and says Macerca come here and unsheathe the sword, I told him that I didn?t really think that this dragon was here to give us any trouble, yep no trouble and I had already started to move away just in case, for this was no ordinary dragon, it was one of the largest I had ever seen, nope it was the largest I had seen, as I started to move away, I turned to look at the Highlander and by God he just stood there looking the dragon right in the eye, Raawin muttered something and I was frozen try as I might I couldnae move, then he pointed his fingers at me and twiddled them and spun me right around, try as I might nothing would work until I was face to face with the dragon, he twiddled his fingers again an the sword came out of its scabbard by itself and just hung in the air right in front of me, then as if that was not bad enough, my arm started to rise, hand opening reaching, reaching for the sword, and grabbing it by the hilt, as soon as my hand touched the sword I was my self again, but I felt differently, something was different.

Hello Macerca my name is Draconis Brightwing, and I have been watching you for quite some time ( a startled look on my face), do you remember the night you found the stones? It was my flame that split the stone in two and since then we have been connected, you are able to communicate with me by the power of the sword, no doubt you noticed something happening the first time you tested but had not held it long enough for it to remain,

Ahhh I see you have met some of my kin, ( another startled look?) What do you mean great sir, I have never met a dragon.

Your handle is wrapped with the skin of my kin.

No great sire tis not of my doing, I traded a blade for it from a knight many years ago, he thought it was his job to rid the earth from dragons, such as yourself, I mean, not that you are bad, or , or??

Yes I know Macerca there were some of my kind that was a bit unruly, turning his head and looking at the still smoking carcass of Shoran, but that has been taken care of, then turning back and talking to the group.That knight has since gone from us?.. may he journey well.
Now on to the sword, little did you realize that when you joined those certain parts to the sword that you had created something that was no mere accident, the metal from heaven split by my own fire, the royal oak from this very Nemeton or this sacred grove and of course the skin of my kin. This sword holds much power, one that it binds you to everything and everything to you, you have already tasted of this power and wanted to keep it for yourself, but the good heart that beats within you knew that it was not right. From this day you and the bearer of the blade will be able to commune with those of the animal kingdom, but as time goes on you will notice that since you are not in constant contact with the blade that you will not be able to commune as easy, you will have to work at it, whenever you need me I will come.

To the bearer of the sword he will find that he has an ally in the whole Earth, Animals, and Birds
Creatures of the sea, and the dragons and myself not that we will be his subjects but more of allies.

The sword bearer shall withstand every foe so long as his heart is pure in his quest.

In the ages to come the sword will come to be called by many different names, but I am partial to Dragonstrike, yes I like that name.

Now let me go and talk privately with the Highlander.

Highlander first let me say that when we have finished here you need to go and learn a few things from Rider she is a special ally to us and in our hearts, she knows secrets of our kind, and that would wind up being a very lengthy lesson, and she has her ways, she would make a worthy ally.
oldraven 
Posted: 22-Nov-2003, 02:39 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacHazel

male

Labban's sight was returned, and he witnessed the demise of the Dragon that gave him his fresh scars. Raawin, why have you brought me back? I do not wish to see these people.... or them to see me. Take be back to the other place. I cannot bear it. Labban was distraught and quite confused. He was a librarian; a scholar. He was a minstrel. None of this happens to minstrels. Their life is to be lowly, but quiet.

Fear not, brave soul. I took you at the moment of attack. You're injuries did not happen in this world. I told you that you would be restored, and that you have. But if ever you return to the Faerie realm your wounds will show themselves again. As for the scars, you have none. Not that anyone can see, that is. But I warn you. Do not stand to close to a fire, or you're clothes will be burned off your back. That scroll is still in you. Don't be mistaken, the events still transpired. The aftermath is simply.....under your skin. The littel fellow seemed pleased with himself. Odd one.

Labban reguarded himself. Indeed he was restored. His hair was a bit singed, but that was welcome as an alternative. How can I repay you, Raawin of the Tuatha? I am not a rich man, though I doubt that would be your price. Even still, I am endebted to you.

All I ask is that you remember what you see, what you hear, what you feel. And be sure that others remember it. You say you are a librarian. Then keep the records. Make others understand the true ways of the world. That is all I ask.

When did I say I was a librarian? Was this fellow in my thoughts?I would do as you ask, though I'm not sure what to do, or how to do it.

He picked Raawin up and gave him a great embrace, as a bear holding a salmon. The little man yelped and so was let back to the ground.Strange folk, you humans. Sad one minute, happy the next. Attacking those who help you. He winked and dissapeared.

Whatever will I say to these folk? Should they know of my plight? Well, if I'm to follow Raawin's instructions, then by all means yes.Hello my friends.Said Labban as he walked toward those in the grove.

Just then all the Dragons jumped back and reguarded him with a weary eye. Some flew away with great haste. The large one then spoke. You wear the mark of Brisan upon you. Explain yourself of be destroyed.
Highlander 
Posted: 22-Nov-2003, 10:51 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacHazel

male

As Highlander and Macera speak privately, Highlander informs Macera that it was time for him to leave, Macera asks, Why? The Highlander replies, "my work here for now is done, and I have yet to finish my Quest, that I started O'so long ago. That sword was made for you Macera, use it well, tell Rider I will speak to her when once we meet again, remember Macera, tell no one who I am, good-bye for now my friend". The Highlander slips silently into the growing mist of the Glen, and disapears...Gone as abruptly as once he came....
MacErca 
Posted: 22-Nov-2003, 11:54 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHazel

male

As the Highlander disappears into the mist, I stand there looking at my friend leave, the feeling in the pit of my stomach, ah must be something I ate, damn this hayfever I will miss you my friend, if you ever need me remember we are connected call on me and I will be there, your secret is safe with me, before Highlander vanishes into the mist I shout at him his battle cry "Cumbrich Bas Ailpein" The Highlander turns around unsheathes his sword and crosses his chest and lifts it in the air in salute, I do the same with Dragonstrike, as I watch him vanish, a single tear escapes from the corner of my eye.
Angel Whitefang (Rider) 
Posted: 23-Nov-2003, 05:56 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacRowan

Realm: Portland, Oregon

female

*as the flames rush towards me a smile forms on my face. I raise my staff and a shield forms splitting the flame in two. a Roar is heard from the sky as a Speck flies nearer. His wings expand to large enough to cover the land. whispering his name I give Homage and Thanks*

" Bright Wing, May your wings fly strong and your Fire be pure."

*watching the fireball hit Roshan his body turning to carbon ash, I lower my shield as the remains hit the ground. Looking around I see Labbon has returned my heart feels relief at seeing my old friend. *

~Nemarth, I give you and your Kind Thanks for your Aide, you may tell the others to return to their homes~

~As you wish Rider~

*sending out a low rumble and a soft buggle The other Dragons depart, only Rahsha, Nemarth and Bright Wing remain on the field*

*Stepping forward I walk towards the group.*

Labban old friend, It is good to see no harm has come........(looking at Labban carefully) ....to you. Your hair is singed my friend. But you look no worse for the ware.
*watches Bright Wing and Macerca*

I hear there is a scroll I am to look at, One of Draconic kind, Is that correct Labban?

*nods my head in the direction of the Highlander*

He is Leaving us, he will return.

Excuse me I must speak with Bright Wing

*walks over to the Elder Dragon*

*Bowing my head to him*

"Elder Dragon Bright Wing, I thank you for your Intervention. I have many questions for you. Please think me not impudent. I must ask Was his distruction truely necessary? It is against the code. A Dragon is not to spill another Dragons Blood, is that not why the Draconi created The Dragon Masters?? Who called you for to my knowledge I am the only Dragon Master & the Only one with the power to Call the Dragons? forgive my Questions but I am confused. Did Nemarth Call on you?"

*looks up questioningly at Bright Wing. Chuckling at me he raises a single Talon and points to the sword that Macerca holds speaking softly*

"He calls it Dragonstrike, that is what brought me here. We have time to answer your questions Dragon Master. Let us find a suitable place to sit, my bone grow tired."

"As you wish Great one."

*slowly Brightwing and I join the others to listen as we recieve the answers to our questions*

PMEmail PosterRead My Blog                
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Closed TopicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics 2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt