Bookmark and Share
Nefariel 
Posted: 11-Feb-2004, 01:40 AM
Quote Post

Honored Clan Member

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAsh

female

As MacErca pulled away, Ladaerwen's eyes grew blacker.

~The nerve of mankind! Calling me "little one." Although I am shorter in stature, I have endured centuries more than he. Scratching my head! I would like to give him a hefty scratch on the head, 'twere it not for my dear sister and the relationship they share already. I shall endure this treatment tonight, but never again, and she shall hear of it shortly~

Ladaerwen called her sister over to her, and told her of MacErca's actions.
"Ladaerwen, that's how humans act towards animals. He meant no harm..."
"Well, then, I'm glad I repressed my anger. He would have had quite a scar on that pretty face of his, had I shown my true feelings."
The sisters chuckled together at the thought of such an image.
Lahatha spoke again after their laughter had subsided, "I also am glad you did not harm him. As much as he offended you, he wants to be your friend, and those words of trust he spoke were not false."
"Lahatha, I do not care for hurting those who are not enemies, and I pride myself in giving justice to other creatures. I do not want to wrong your friends. MacErca seems to be a good man, as humans go." Her eyes sparkled, "However, there is one I would not mind giving chase to. I think you know of whom I speak. I have noticed the stench since I arrived."
Lahatha replied with a smile, "I am aware of a particular smell that I would not mind being rid of. Will the sisters romp in the woods once more before the doom of battle?"
"Tonight is the night, Lahatha. I can feel it. When no one is looking, we will feast on a meal of cat. This group seems to be stalling, and I crave blood with the thirst of our ancestors!"

Just as she spoke those words, Ladaerwen and her sister heard MacErca's ominous cry of warning!

--------------------
Aragorn What do you fear, my lady?
Eowyn A cage. To stay behind bars until use and old age accept them, and all chance of valor has gone beyond recall or desire.
PMEmail Poster               
Ciarda Lili 
Posted: 11-Feb-2004, 11:13 AM
Quote Post

Child of the Dark Lily
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacRowan

Realm: NorthEastern Pennsylvania, US

female

Her master's hand on her shoulder gave Liriel notice that the Orcs were coming. They had heard Mac's warning. Liriel prepared her spells and weapons as her master raised and kissed his pendant. They could smell the Orcs before they could see them. Drizzt call to Guen, his panther. She appeared in the mist and was at ready.

Liriel's eyes gleamed with joy. Now was the time to kill. It had been so long.

At that moment the first wave of orcs flowed toward them. Crouched and ready behind two large boulders the two drow tensed. The first few orcs flew by and the two jumped into the melee.

Spells were cast and weapons sliced silently threw the air. They didn't have time to stop and see where the rest of the group was. This was survival for them. Back to back the two drow fought, each complimenting the other. Guen was pulling down the orcs as they stumble from the frey.

Something had to give. Soon they would be over run and they would die.

--------------------
Ciarda Lili

Always live for today.

Growing old is mandatory -- Growing up is optional.
PMEmail Poster               
Aon_Daonna 
Posted: 11-Feb-2004, 02:31 PM
Quote Post

The Wolf Lady

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Fife, Scotland

female

((Hag))

Actually the castle provided a fitting background for the imposing looking Dragon. "Master, I did lay a potent spell over the well of the castle. Everybody who drinks from this has to respond to your will. In addition I have prepared another spell I will cast when we enter the castle." She had always been very strong at mind-magic and had by now reached the Mastery level at it. Illusions and binding magic was her speciality and she smiled as she thought what she would do to those that did this to her. She knew they were in there, the court mage and his apprentice. She was certain they would recognise her once when she unfolded her wings...
"It will make the guards fight each other instead of us. Each will see the other as a horrid monster, born of their own nightmares."
She stopped gazing over the castle and smiled cruelly in the shadow of her cowl.
I'm ready she sent the thought to the dragon and saw a faint flicker in his eyes.

--------------------
Moderator: The Playground (RPG)

Carpe Jugulum
Carved with a twisted smile
An epitaph for sorrow
Sethian - Epitaph

If anybody wants a costum signature, pm me!
PMEmail Poster               
Aon_Daonna 
Posted: 11-Feb-2004, 02:42 PM
Quote Post

The Wolf Lady

ZodiacIvy

female

((Mirre))

"Oh damn my luck!" She recognised the smell, and the sounds of the nearing horde of orcs even before she saw anything. It was to late to warn anyone. But a horn was already sounded and its cry rang through the land calling for aid. I'm coming human! She jumped from tree to tree, running through orcs on her way, barely noticing how many she beheaded or sliced into half or on how many she used her claws. There he was, running thru an enemy. Not far were the two drow, fighting as ideal pairing and also she saw those damned wolves. As if she cared right now!

"Human!" She called in that guttural, hoarse voice of hers and she did not know if he recognised her or not. She was simply too small to be noticed among the mass. With a hiss she parried a strike aimed at her from behind and slashed her claws across the orcs face. "Die you honorless creature." With a well aimed strike she lopped his head off and smoothly jumped onto and over another 3 to land next to the human. "I will warrd yourr back if you let me" she said and without tarrying ripped out the next opponents throat.
PMEmail Poster               
Highlander 
Posted: 11-Feb-2004, 04:20 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacHazel

Realm: New York, USA

male

The Highlander stands looking down at myriad, he decided to take a chance, something he had not done for more years than he cared to remember, "come little one, it appears from Macs rapid approach the time has come for which we thrill" battle... With that the Highlander drew both his swords and grinned, today is going to be a fine day after all... death.gif

--------------------
Highlander, 2004

"Fortune favors the Daring"
Neither draw me without cause, nor return me without honour
Clan MacKinnon
PMEmail PosterUsers Website               
Highlander 
Posted: 11-Feb-2004, 04:29 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacHazel

male

The Highlander looked around smiling, then he gazed upon Mac running-towards the orcs. The Highlander yelled to him, "Hey Mac, is this all you bring with you, it's barely enough to warm us up". As he disemboweled two more orcs, adding to the multitude dead on the ground around him....
MacErca 
Posted: 11-Feb-2004, 09:25 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHazel

Realm: Houston, Texas

male

Mac, upon seeing Highlander in the fray, stuck the Great Sword through the orc in front of him looked up and smiled a huge grin and said to Highlander,"If your nice I will save you one or two." and with that he finished the stroke that left the orc laying beside itself.

Just at that moment Mirre landed beside him, and having heard her statement he replied, "Glad to see that you could join in the fun and Proud I am that you are at my back Mirre, I will watch yours as well" having said that Mac reached to his dirk and promptly threw it straight into an orc's skull buried right up to the hilt coming up from behind Mirre, then together charging at the orc's like they were insane, looking to his left ,there was Highlander then the three of them tore into the orc's like a whirlwind, with swords flashing they cut them down, like barley ripe for the harvest, the blood and gore was getting so deep that it getting hard to keep good footing, it was then that they started noticing something strange on the orc's faces.... fear.... yes that was it, we have met the tide and held, it was turned and they were losing and the orc's knew it, that it would not be long before sheer pandimonium would course through their ranks and they would flee....or die.

--------------------
"Cuimhnich air na daoine o'n d'thaining thu"
Remember the men from whom you are descended.

I am Wolf.
It is my cry you hear in the night,
My eyes that gaze at you from the shadows.
It is my heart that beats in your Soul,
My strength that makes you whole.
I am Wolf. I am in you.
You are in Me. We Are Wolf.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteView My Photographs               
Nefariel 
Posted: 11-Feb-2004, 11:05 PM
Quote Post

Honored Clan Member

ZodiacAsh

female

"Let's go, Ladaerwen! This is for Kiatra!!" and with that Lahatha and Ladaerwen entered the fray, flanking the orcs.
One! Lahatha ripped at the throat of an orc.
Two! Ladaerwen caught one at the heels and Lahatha finished him off.
Three! The two wolves tackled a massive ugly one and ripped at the flesh.

But as they were overcome with the rage of battle, and running towards their fourth prey, an orc arrow pierced Ladaerwen's paw, and another, her side, causing her to yelp and stumble to the ground. She could heal herself, but it would take time, and orcs were everywhere! Lahatha had gone ahead, killing orcs left and right, but Ladaerwen was not experienced enough yet to fight without her sister. She hid under a nearby fallen orc, and let out the wolven whistle of their race (Lurhath wolves), hoping that none of the orcs would recognize the tune Grungahn loathed.
PMEmail Poster               
oldraven 
Posted: 12-Feb-2004, 12:14 AM
Quote Post

The Protector of the Unknown
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Guysborough Co., Nova Scotia

male

Labban and Cel jogged up the trail for a while, trying to catch up without tiring themselves out too early. Labban jumped and just narrowly missed running straight into a pile of baer dung. It was then the horn blew its cursed note.

An Orc horn! No one in our company carries a horn. There's been an ambush, he thought. He started running as fast as his feet could cary him. Which was surprisingly fast, he though.

Labban, no! Stay here with me. She was deeply troubled about something. But how could she ask him to stay and deny his oldest friends?

I can't abandon them. You'll be safe. If there were any this way, we'd have been caught by now. They're not far, I can make it. Stay here if you want, and stay safe. He saw her about to panic. I'll be back for you, I promise. I swear. And with that he turned and ran to his friends who needed him now.

Of course, he was near petrified. And he would have been, if it weren't for all the running.

He heard the clash of steel, and the cries of pain and power as he neared them. He could barely breathe, but he kept going as fast as he could push. Then he saw them. More on the ground, bleeding, missing parts, than running about. But all Orc he saw, to his delight.

He pulled his sword, nearly cutting off his trousers and swung with whatever he had left in him. It was enough to catch the Orc across the maw, cutting the gaw from the rest of the body. Och! That's disgusting! Sorry, I'm new at this. Then he felt the sword pass through his side, back to front. He fell over and cried out. Then he waited to pass out........ but he didn't. His heart began beating with a furry he'd never known. He slowly set himself upright, watching the offending Orc walk toward him. Well, the pain was feeling like anger at that point, he still had the sword, but just tossed it to his right, which, when he found his sword later, ended up in some beasts belly. Probably the only time the sword worked for him.

He reached around and took his staff. He ran at the thing, so angry and afraid, and with one great swing he caved it in the helmet, which gave way easily to the skystone. It rang and hummed madly, and it filled him with a fire and lust for blood that was absent all his life up to this point.

Labban had gone berzerk, and ended up with many more wounds than the first blow. Of course, he healed quickly.

--------------------
Caw

"I am a Canadian by birth, but I am a Highlander by blood and feel under an obligation to do all I can for the sake of the Highlanders and their literature.... I have never yet spoken a word of English to any of my children. They can speak as much English as they like to others, but when they talk to me they have to talk in Gaelic."

-Alexander Maclean Sinclair of Goshen (protector of Gaelic Culture)

We need more Stan Rogers.

jams
myriad 
Posted: 12-Feb-2004, 12:21 AM
Quote Post

Knight of the Round Table

ZodiacHazel

female

Damnit, why are they always calling me little one..... as that thought finished a violent surged ran through Lahathas body and limbs. Her veigns seemed to light on fire and she threw herself forward into a long hard run, "Let's go, Ladaerwen! This is for Kiatra!!" Oh how he would enjoy sinking his claws into this filth... unfortunately Lahatha was currently sinking her teeth into one and the taste reminded her of rotting flesh. She could feel her hair on end and the charge that surged through her seemed to be sparking her feverish anger to long forgotten heights. Going into the battle she knew she must keep Ladaerwen close... her sister was still weak. But now her vision was so focussed on the blood and limbs of these creatures she ached to destroy that she became blind to the battle surrounding her or even to her sisters presence. Centuries of repressed anger and pain was driving her into each creature with renewed strength and ferver. Just as she rounded on a beastly sized orc, Lahatha recognized the sound she dreaded.... she turned swiftly and darted in and out amongst the swinging and stomping limbs of orc and the singing of human blades. As swiftly as her blood boiled with anger for these beasts, her blood ran cold with the fear of losing her sister she had just rejoined.
PMEmail Poster               
Highlander 
Posted: 12-Feb-2004, 11:01 AM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacHazel

male

Highlander looked over to Mac and yelled, well my boy your a credit to your clan, but you've still a few things to learn, with that the Highlander beheaded four orcs with just one stroke from each sword, that's how we did things in my day. king.gif
Highlander 
Posted: 12-Feb-2004, 11:07 AM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacHazel

male

It was then that the Highlander spied Myriad running hap-hazardly through the field of battle towards a strange sound that he did not recognize. Highlander yelled to Mac and when Mac turned Highlander pointed out the situation and let Mac know he was going to follow Myriad to be sure the little one would be safe and to help her if necessary. Highlander called just about everyone that he held with affection, "little one" as long as they where a female or a child...
Aaediwen 
Posted: 12-Feb-2004, 08:19 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Kentucky

male

Hearing Mac's call, I looked up from my scrolls. As the urgency of the
situation doned on me, I gathered my scrolls and disappeared into the edge
of the woods Right as MacErca broke into the other side of the clearing, a
horde of foulness following on his tail. Stopping a short distance away,
where I could still see the battle, while not being seen. Settling down, I
formed a metaphysical shield around myself and began to focus on the dark,
controlled forms of the attacking horde Locating each of his friends in
turn.
First, he found an Orc making its way toward Highlander's back. The
orc stopped short of it's target as Highlander's turned back suddenly
appears as impinetrable as solid steel through my veil of doubt and fear.
Standing parylised, the orc was helpless as Highlander turned and sliced
through him as if he weren't even there.

Glancing through the battle, I then found one of the Darkeen Burrowers
attacking Ladaerwen, its fearsome claws bearing down on her. Digging into
the soul of the foul beast, images of fire caused the burrower to suddenly
feel its skin burn away under the hard exoskeleton. Its shrieks of pain
rang out over the battle, the source of its agony invisiable to all
present. As the creature's attack stalled, I turned its own destructive
tendancies in on itself and watched as it began to rip itself to shreads,
until it finally lay dead on the battlefield.

As the burrower's soul faded off, I felt a dark presence approaching. One
of the orcs had discovered him, seemingly vulnerable, in the grass. As
the creature crossed under my metaphysical shield, however, his axe became
a huge cobra which attracked and hissed at him. Attempting to drop the
snake, he found that his arm had become the creature's tail. In fear, the
orc tried to turn and run, yet found himself locked in a bubble his
intended victim, being his only companion,was still sitting calmly in the
middle.

Realising he could not escape, again the orc turned with renewed
determination to accomplish what he had started, yet as hard as he ran
toward his intended target, he got no closer. Suddenly, the snake that
was his arm struck and bit him. Falling to the ground, disorientation
began to take hold. As he regained his bearings, he watched in horror as
the grass began to crawl around him. Leaping up, away from the nightmare,
he found it only beginning. Several pieces of the now mobile grass had
followed him up from the ground and began painfully burrowing into his
flesh as his feet became as water, then, just as he began to fall to the
ground his molten feet turned to a stone that anchored him into the
ground.

As this continued, he heard only the dark, sinister chant of the calm
human. Rythmic, persistant, and getting louder, the chanting was
torturous in its own right, nevermind his own nightmarish state.
Practically parylized, The orc was now only in control of his head and one
remaining arm. Then, the pain increased, slowly at first, yet increasing.
Something moving inside him, digging from the inside out. Helpless, he
reied to scream, yet could not. Instead, he felt his mouth fill with a
foul, solid mass. Once his oral cavity, the mass still felt as if it was
growing. moving his remaining hand to feel where his mouth had been, he
felt nothing abnormal, yet discovered that he could no longer move his
hand from his mouth. The pain in his belly had increased to an unbareable
agony now, as a bloody hole began to form in his abdomen, from which a few
of the grass clippings emerged, followed by swarms of bees, and wasps
which stung him relentlessly.

As the insects finally parted, he saw the approach of his target turned
assailant, still chanting, with a merciless look on his face, yet beyond,
he could make out the same figure still seated as now stood over him,
adding confusion to the already nausiating mix in his experience.

As the orc watched in horror, he felt the hand which was locked in his
mouth, begin to grow and reach down his throat until his hand, now bloody
and half stripped of flesh, emerged from amoung the blood and bone that
was the hole in his belly, yet he was still alive, and too very aware of
the horrible experience, every painful, horriffic moment of it. It was
how that he realised the folly of attacking what had seemed like easy
prey. As this thought passed through his small mind, the fingers of his
hand which now protruded, half digested, from him, fell off and craweld
away like worms to begin covering his face and picking at his eyes. Now
blind as well, and still hearing the chanting, he felt his eyes being
slowly and painfully pulled from their sockets. At which time, he finally
passed out into a painful, and nightmare filled sleep full of images of
his assailant.

All the while, I had been sitting and channeling fear and doubt to his friends in
the heat of battle, slowing their attacks while feeding his mind with these soul destroying
images. I had never physically moved from my seat on the ground or stopped assaulting my friends' attackers. Even now, I continued channelling into the battle, helping my friends, and
filling the orcs and other creatures with unspeakable fear and doubt. As
the battle ended, I borrowed some rope, and bound the unconcious orc, I
didn't want to have to keep him asleep until I could aquire a blade to
finish him. After the battle, as the party regathered, the orc finally
awoke, bound and gagged. Aware of his conciousness, I approached where my
friends had gathered around him, as I approached, I saw the look of fear
overtake his, still unharmed, face. Borrowing Labban's sword I swung it a time
or two while standing over the creature. the blade
felt foreign to me, as it should. I never had been one to wield
such a thing. I then began, in the dark tounges of his kind "And so you
experience the illusions of the western dark arts. The felcore portal
illusions to the underworld. Do not challenge me or my friends lest you
and your kind see more of these." And with that, I carved the same hole
into the orc's abdomen as he had experienced just a short while earlier,
only this time, it was no illusion and spelled a painful death for the
horrible creature.
Returning the sword, I stood and looked at my friends, "You don't want to
know what he experienced.", I said, " By now, what you saw was a release.
Let's proceed, shall we?" Looking over the disbelief in my friends'
faces, I grinned. I had been the same the first time I had seen the
masters practice these arts. And besides, why should they expect such actions from me?

--------------------
Poet and seeker of knowledge

Mountain Legacy -- Born in the isles, raised in Appalachia
PMEmail PosterRead My Blog View My Photographs               View My Space Profile.
Aon_Daonna 
Posted: 13-Feb-2004, 11:47 AM
Quote Post

The Wolf Lady

ZodiacIvy

female

((Mirre))

She was impressed with his fighting skills and stored a few moves of his in her memory for later use. "Just.. die..." She was up against a particularly resistant, huge brute with chainmail covering his body, neck and head. She had successfully blinded him before she decided on a different approach and clambered up on his back, her sharp claws piercing through the holes of the chainmail suit. She heard him gasp, fully aware that her claws sunk deep into him and she steadied herself on his shoulders before punctuating his windpipe. His mouth opened, gasping for air and she quickly drew her long, ornamental dagger ((OOC: imagine something nasty looking, like a Klingon one)) and thrust it into the orcs throat and back, ripping out assorted pieces of flesh and windpipe in the process (the ornaments and upwards directed spikes were on this thing for exactly that purpose). She smiled cruelly and jumped off to see him die...

A yelp made her look up. "I will be careful not to injure you, but I have to see..." Without further notice she jumped onto Mac's shoulders and cast her eyes over the fighting while keeping other orcs out of reach with quick strikes of her scimitar.
"Your frriends, they arre endangered..." the hair on her back was standing upright as she jumped down again, onto an orc, ripping him down while doing that and piercing his ribcage. "They arre in this dirrection" she gestured over to where she had seen the wolves. It was against her nature to help them but they were her protegés friends so she would do what was possible. "We'll have to fight ourr way thrrough to help them." Her ears lay flat against her skull and her whole posture showed how much she hated that prospect...
PMEmail Poster               
MacErca 
Posted: 13-Feb-2004, 12:59 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHazel

Realm: Houston, Texas

male

The pair was fighting their way to where Mirre had seen someone that was injured. upon arriving close to where a large group of the last of the Orc's had assembeled, they sensed an injury, and not able to overcome the healthy they massed to where they thought they would have an easy prey.... but they were wrong, Ladaerwen, the injured was up on three legs fangs bared and was doing her best to kill all that would venture in too close, corpses littered the ground around her, if nothing else making a make-shift refuge, then Mac saw Lahatha jump into the fray and with this it gave Ladaerwen renewed strength, Highlander arrived right after Lahatha, and was already decimating the Orc's then Mirre jumped into the air and landed right beside the fallen wolf and though her instincts said differently, she then turned to Ladaerwen and said "You have fought well, now rest". With that Mirre lashed out at an Orc that had ventured too close.

There they were Lahatha, Mirre, Highlander, and MacErca, surrounded by at least 50 to 60 Orc's Mac looked around at Highlander and then back to the Orc's and chuckled and said "WE seem to have you surrounded surrender or die, I was hoping you would say that." With that they proceeded to wipe out the last pocket of Orc's.

When it was over Mac turned to Mirre and said to her "You are indeed a great warrior, I respect you for what you have done here today, thank you for helping to protect my friends, I know that you see it as your duty, but I am in your dept, what ever you need, ask of me and it is yours."

Mac then knelt down to check on Ladaerwen speaking to her saying " This will hurt so forgive me" then reaching down to the arrow that was still lodged in her paw he broke the shaft and pulled the arrow out. Then he said to her "You have fought bravely today, you have made your clan and sister proud, and you have made this old man proud as well, take your rest now great warrior, and we will get the healer Josie to patch you up and you will be up and around in no time".

He stood and turned to where the rest had gathered around Ladaerwen and were counting the fallen Orc's, and at final count there were three hundred eighty three bodies laying on the battlefield. He then noticed tha he had two broke arrow shafts protruding from his left shoulder " Odd I didn't even fell a thi..." as he faded into oblivion.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteView My Photographs               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Closed TopicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
©2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics ©2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt