Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> What Are You?, Liberal, Conservative, Libertarian.....
Bookmark and Share
stevenpd 
Posted: 05-Mar-2010, 01:28 AM
Quote Post

An American Guardian of the Realm
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacReed

Realm: Fountain Valley, Calif.

male

QUOTE (Camac @ 01-Mar-2010, 05:18 PM)
Overactive Paranoia. Nobody Loves me. laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Camac

My dear friend just because you are north of our border doesn't mean we hate you. Your take on things is always welcome.

biggrin.gif

--------------------

user posted image

Vote in the 2013 Music Awards

Dear Lord, lest I continue in my complacent ways, help me to remember that someone died for me today. And if there be war, help me to remember to ask and to answer "am I worth dying for?" - Eleanor Roosevelt

The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.
-- Herbert Spencer, English Philosopher (1820-1903)
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
Camac
Posted: 05-Mar-2010, 08:33 AM
Quote Post

Main: Registration
Questions: Help
Important: Rules

Zodiac

stevenpd;

Thank you Sir. That makes me feel better but I have to confess sometimes you guys South of the Border confuse the Hell out of me.

Camac

MacEoghainn 
Posted: 05-Mar-2010, 09:20 AM
Quote Post

Fear-leanmhainn an Rėgh
Group Icon

ZodiacHazel

Realm: Cape Coral, Florida, USA, Planet Earth

male

QUOTE (Camac @ 05-Mar-2010, 08:33 AM)
stevenpd;

Thank you Sir. That makes me feel better but I have to confess sometimes you guys South of the Border confuse the Hell out of me.

Camac

Continuous exposure to cold weather has an effect on one's mental and cognitive faculties. biggrin.gif

--------------------
MacE
AKA
Steve Ewing

I know that my Redeemer lives, and that in the end he will stand upon the earth. Job 19:25

"Non sibi sed patriae!"

Reviresco (I grow strong again)
Clan MacEwen motto

Audaciter (Audacity)
My Ewing Family Motto
(descendants of Baron William Ewing of Glasgow, born about 1630)

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." Abraham Lincoln

"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum." from "Epitoma Rei Militaris," by Vegetius

PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               
gwenlee 
Posted: 05-Mar-2010, 09:25 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacAlder

female

QUOTE (Camac @ 05-Mar-2010, 09:33 AM)
stevenpd;

Camac

Honestly I think the only people that understand Americans are Americans. And even then we don't always understand each other. I don't get into other countries politic and frankly I wish our country would stay out of other countries politics. With that being said. If we ran our business or our private finances like the US government we would find ourselves in jail or out in the streets. If we don't balance our family budget we tighten the belt. If the US government doesn't balance the budget they just raise our taxes and print worthless money. This proposed health care is being shoved down our throats. We the people have spoken WE DON'T WANT IT and el Presidente doesn't listen. Camac I have several friends from Canada and my daughters employer is from Canada and all of them say we don't want this type of health care, they have also said that Canadian taxes were higher than ours. I know that is what the girls have said that are nurses. The thing is these safety nets are great ( I bet you have received far more in benefits than you have paid in) but someone has to pay for them unfortunately money doesn't fall from heaven. Gosh to get back on subject I think most of us are a little Libertarian because most of us want less government in our personal lives.
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
WilliamAllenGibson 
Posted: 05-Mar-2010, 09:57 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Simpsonville South Carolina

male

yOUR POETRY PROSE THANK YOU. i HAVE WRITTEN BUT AM NEW AND LIKE YOUR PAGE i AM A RETIRED AEROSPACE WORKER WHO CELTIC MUSIC BECUASE PART OF ME IS CELTIC FROM FAMILY.
PMEmail PosterUsers Website               
Camac
Posted: 05-Mar-2010, 10:03 AM
Quote Post

Zodiac

GwenLee;

Well maybe your right about understanding but at least people know Americans when they are overseas. Everywhere a Canadian goes the first thing people ask is where in the States are you from. Really irks us. Hopefully with the Olympics our image has changed a bit and people will recognize us for who we are. Your friends are right about taxes, we are the second most taxed people in the world next to the Scandanavians. Our safety nets are a cornerstone of our society and over 80% of us are all for them and yes I more than likely have recieved far more than what I contributed. The system isn't perfect and needs some work done on it but all in all it works FOR US. Personally I don't like the idea of an all controlling Government but I also think it is the Governments responsibility to help the people when the need arises. After all they are supposed to work for us. Most Canadians don't get into American politics I think mainly because we don't know how it works or for that matter how it can work. Having a President from one Party and a Congress and Senate from another Party is really strange. In ours the ruling party forms the Government and we do not vote for the Prime Minister but for the party we want in power. That party chooses their leader and he becomes P.M. Your Head of State is your President ours is Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, represented in Canada by a Govenor General, The Most Honourable Michaele Jean (a Woman whose family immigrated from Haiti). As I have stated I am a Liberal but like most Canadians a Centrist. Most Canadians do not like extremes in Politics or for that matter anything including Patriotism. We are a very Patriotic people we just don't show it often. The Olympics were the exception and the Country went wild. Really out of character.
The relationship between our two Nations is unique in the world, best of friends, trading partners, and allies, and basically founded by the same peoples, The Native Americans, the French, and the English. You guys were all Englishmen up to the end of your Revolution.

Camac.

Camac
Posted: 05-Mar-2010, 10:07 AM
Quote Post

Zodiac

Mace;

Thanks. I guess that's why I keep putting my Parka on backwards and my Mukluks on the wrong feet.

Camac

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
Š2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics Š2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt