Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )
   Mobile App

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Our Doors Are Open . . ., Come one, come all!
Bookmark and Share
mcnberry 
Posted: 29-Sep-2009, 09:40 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAsh

Realm: Portland, Oregon

female

Hi Ainwyn!

How nice, someone else that knows and likes Hildegard von Bingen! Not sure, but I think I posted a youtube link to her music somewhere in this Forum.
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
Ainwyn 
Posted: 04-Oct-2009, 11:51 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacHawthorn

Realm: Michigan

female

biggrin.gif

I don't remember if I heard of her first in my music lit classes, or when talking about different kinds of music with my composition friends. Her and Ockeghem are by far my favorite composers of western chant. Their music is incredibly haunting. And if you like her, you should really really check out Richard Einhorn's Voices of Light! I'll post a video of it later, though you can't find any of the full pieces on youtube. Anonymous 4 performs in it, and they've done a lot of stuff with Hildegard's music as well.

Speaking of chant: I'd heard a while ago on some forum (don't remember where, but don't think it was here) that groups were starting to record what has been found of early Irish chant. Masses for Saint Bridget's Day and such. Anyone know where I can find these, or know what I'm talking about? It's been driving me crazy because I'm sure I bookmarked everything,
PMEmail Poster               
mcnberry 
Posted: 05-Oct-2009, 09:29 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

Realm: Portland, Oregon

female

PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
Ainwyn 
Posted: 05-Oct-2009, 09:35 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacHawthorn

Realm: Michigan

female

Yes! Canty is the group I was thinking of!!!! It would have taken my ages to remember that. Thanks! I want some of their albums so bad!
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics 2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt