Quote Post

An American Guardian of the Realm
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacReed

Realm: Fountain Valley, Calif.

male

Welcome to Symphony Hall!

This forum is for all to discuss classical music and share their favorite composers and their music. Subjects can range from the technical (although it may be difficult to find anyone interested) to simple appreciation of a musical piece.

Hopefully you will find something of interest to you. This forum will only be as good as the participants.

Although one would be hard-pressed to find any musical subject so egregious that heated words need be exchanged, unlike some classical musicians. Please, this forum is open to all, young or old, a beginning violin player to an experienced violinist, it is hoped that everyone will find something.

The Celtic Radio's Terms of Service (TOS) are in effect here.

--------------------

user posted image

Vote in the 2013 Music Awards

Dear Lord, lest I continue in my complacent ways, help me to remember that someone died for me today. And if there be war, help me to remember to ask and to answer "am I worth dying for?" - Eleanor Roosevelt

The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.
-- Herbert Spencer, English Philosopher (1820-1903)
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
Shadows 
Posted: 05-Sep-2009, 10:32 AM
Quote Post

Reader of souls, vision seeker, TROLL
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: The frontier of Penn's Woods

male

Good luck, my 1st and last visit... I can not stand classical music, just my humble opinion.

--------------------
I support the separation of church and hate!

IMAGINATION - the freest and largest nation in the world!

One can not profess to be of "GOD" and show intolerence and prejudice towards the beliefs of others.

Am fear nach gleidh na h–airm san t–sith, cha bhi iad aige ’n am a’ chogaidh.
He that keeps not his arms in time of peace will have none in time of war.

"We're all in this together , in the parking lot between faith and fear" ... O.C.M.S.

“Beasts feed; man eats; only the man of intellect knows how to eat well.”

"Without food we are nothing, without history we are lost." - SHADOWS

Is iomadh duine laghach a mhill an Creideamh.
Religion has spoiled many a good man.

The clan MacEwen
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               
stevenpd 
Posted: 05-Sep-2009, 10:52 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacReed

male

QUOTE (Shadows @ 05-Sep-2009, 08:32 AM)
Good luck, my 1st and last visit... I can not stand classical music, just my humble opinion.

Thanks for visiting. You may be surprised sometime. You already have listened to classical music if you watch commercials or even cartoons.

I will always think of Bugs Bunny floating down a river with this one.

RebeccaAnn 
Posted: 05-Sep-2009, 12:30 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacHawthorn

Realm: Southren Illinois

female

"Bugs Bunny floating down a river"

How you get that one? I love Brahms Lullaby. I grew up with it as a child and have always sung or played it for my children. It's one of the greatest pieces of music to help sooth a fussy baby.
PMEmail Poster               
stevenpd 
Posted: 05-Sep-2009, 01:27 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacReed

male

QUOTE (RebeccaAnn @ 05-Sep-2009, 10:30 AM)
"Bugs Bunny floating down a river"

How you get that one?  I love Brahms Lullaby. I grew up with it as a child and have always sung or played it for my children. It's one of the greatest pieces of music to help sooth a fussy baby.

A Bugs classic!

"Water, Water Every Hare"

Bugs Bunny "Water, Water Every Hare"

From a intereeesting childhood . . . .
stevenpd 
Posted: 05-Sep-2009, 01:46 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacReed

male

I've created a thread for classical music in cartoons.

Musical Interpretation - Cartoons

It has the instructions for embedding video in your posts.
Antwn 
Posted: 05-Sep-2009, 05:39 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

Realm: UDA ond o linach Cymry

male

There's a famous Warner Bros. cartoon with the old lady who owns Tweetie. Everytime she arrives on the scene they play a Mozart piano sonata.

I had to post this here since a Java scripting error occurs when I tried to post on your cartoon thread

--------------------
Yr hen Gymraeg i mi,
Hon ydyw iaith teimladau,
Ac adlais i guriadau
Fy nghalon ydyw hi
--- Mynyddog
PMEmail Poster               
McRoach 
  Posted: 05-Sep-2009, 10:05 PM
Quote Post

>>*<<

ZodiacRowan

Realm: Desert Highlands, USA

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #6
2,147,483,647 Gold!

Clan: AWARE

Stevenpd, Thanks for starting this forum although it does fall a bit outside the typical Celtic Radio Genre all here are used to it is nice to be able to read others opinions on much of the music which paved the way for pretty much everything anyone listens too.

One of my favorites and probably most popular composers is Vivaldi, no matter what mood I am in listening to the four seasons always puts me more at ease. This may be a fairly common effect and in part why it was one of the first songs used as a ring tone

Vivaldi

--------------------
"May those who love us, love us. And those who hate us, may God turn their hearts. And if he doesn't turn their hearts, may he turn their ankles so we'll know them by their limping."
-Celtic Proverbs

Grateful am I to have a sword in which to defend myself at all times, blessed am I for the days I need not use it.

Daylight Saving Time countdown banner
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
stevenpd 
Posted: 05-Sep-2009, 11:43 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacReed

male

QUOTE (McRoach @ 05-Sep-2009, 08:05 PM)
Stevenpd, Thanks for starting this forum although it does fall a bit outside the typical Celtic Radio Genre all here are used to it is nice to be able to read others opinions on much of the music which paved the way for pretty much everything anyone listens too.

One of my favorites and probably most popular composers is Vivaldi, no matter what mood I am in listening to the four seasons always puts me more at ease. This may be a fairly common effect and in part why it was one of the first songs used as a ring tone

You're welcome.

It was started with the intent that it does not replace Celtic Music but enhances the experience of Celtic Music.

Vivaldi's "Four Season's" suite of concerti are also some of my favorite pieces too.
Patch 
Posted: 06-Sep-2009, 11:06 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacIvy

Realm: America, Mid West

male

[QUOTE=stevenpd,05-Sep-2009, 11:52 AM] Thanks for visiting. You may be surprised sometime. You already have listened to classical music if you watch commercials or even cartoons.

Also, the "lone Ranger" theme song of my youth, though I did not know it at the time.

Some time ago when vinyl was popular I had a boxed collection of Beethoven but when I switched to tape and then to CD, I gave them away and never replaced them. It is not my favorite music but I will listen to it.

I plan to check back from time to time.

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
stevenpd 
Posted: 06-Sep-2009, 01:40 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacReed

male

QUOTE (Patch @ 06-Sep-2009, 09:06 AM)
[QUOTE=stevenpd,05-Sep-2009, 11:52 AM] Thanks for visiting. You may be surprised sometime. You already have listened to classical music if you watch commercials or even cartoons.

Also, the "lone Ranger" theme song of my youth, though I did not know it at the time.

Some time ago when vinyl was popular I had a boxed collection of Beethoven but when I switched to tape and then to CD, I gave them away and never replaced them. It is not my favorite music but I will listen to it.

I plan to check back from time to time.

Slàinte,    

Patch    

Rossini's "William Tell Overture" is one of the more famous classical pieces played for a variety of modern reasons. I was trying to pint out a more subtle performance of a classical piece.

I was reminiscing about my very first album. It just happened to be Beethoven's Fifth Symphony. It had a white cover with a yellow pacth with a few notes imposed over everything. It came out at the time the Beatles came to America. I preferred Beethoven.
Camac
Posted: 06-Sep-2009, 02:19 PM
Quote Post

Main: Registration
Questions: Help
Important: Rules

Zodiac

The old commercial for Quaker Puffed Wheat used Tchaikovsky's 1812 Overture as back ground music.

Camac

Antwn 
Posted: 06-Sep-2009, 02:45 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: UDA ond o linach Cymry

male

QUOTE (stevenpd @ 06-Sep-2009, 01:40 PM)
I was reminiscing about my very first album. It just happened to be Beethoven's Fifth Symphony. It had a white cover with a yellow pacth with a few notes imposed over everything. It came out at the time the Beatles came to America. I preferred Beethoven.

Do you remember who the conductor was? I had a rendition of the 5th about the same time, well my parents did (1963) and I believe it was Leonard Bernstein and the NY Philharmonic. I liked that rendition, didn't match von Karajan but was good.

Speaking of the Beatles, this is interesting. I saw an interview with Sir McCartney about how he wrote his song Blackbird. Years ago he and George Harrison had learned some Bach on the guitar after music critics accused them of not being able to play or not knowing anything about classical or serious music. Later while he was trying to remember how to play it, he couldn't. What he remembered was close but wrong, but the chord progression evolved into the begining of Blackbird.

I'd like to say thanks for starting this thread too Steven. Not many places I'm aware of where you can discuss Classical Music.
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 07-Sep-2009, 05:34 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacIvy

Realm: America, Mid West

male

QUOTE (Camac @ 06-Sep-2009, 03:19 PM)
The old commercial for Quaker Puffed Wheat used Tchaikovsky's 1812 Overture as back ground music.

Camac

Try as I might, I can not remember any of their advertising.

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
MacEoghainn 
Posted: 07-Sep-2009, 06:24 PM
Quote Post

Fear-leanmhainn an Rìgh
Group Icon

ZodiacHazel

Realm: Cape Coral, Florida, USA, Planet Earth

male

I couldn't find an example of the Quaker commercials but I did find this gem:

Hi Oo Silver And Away (with the William Tell Overture which was in the public domain and the producers didn't have to pay any copywrite fees).

--------------------
MacE
AKA
Steve Ewing

I know that my Redeemer lives, and that in the end he will stand upon the earth. Job 19:25

"Non sibi sed patriae!"

Reviresco (I grow strong again)
Clan MacEwen motto

Audaciter (Audacity)
My Ewing Family Motto
(descendants of Baron William Ewing of Glasgow, born about 1630)

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." Abraham Lincoln

"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum." from "Epitoma Rei Militaris," by Vegetius

PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
©2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics ©2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt