Patch 
Posted: 21-Aug-2009, 04:32 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacIvy

Realm: America, Mid West

male

I was out of state yesterday and returning home about 3:00 PM I noticed the school busses were out again. Maybe 10 min later a compact auto a quarter of a mile ahead of me lost control and went off the left side of the highway and into a wooded area.

It struck a 7 or 8 inch diameter tree on the passenger side and the tree was against the inside of the drivers door. Three high school students had been in the auto. One was thrown free and and two were pinned in the car. All had horrific injuries. When the professional help arrived, I took stock and found that two people were working to calm the student outside the car on the ground and a lady and I were hanging inside the wreckage attempting to clam and convince the two pinned inside to remain still. The person who was with me was watching to insure that no one came near with a cigarette. Then there were 40 or 50 a$$holes standing around gawking.

Three teenagers and their families have had their lives changed forever! All three did make it to a trauma center in the area and were in critical condition as of this morning.

I am certain all three and their families could use any prayers offered.

Thanks

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
RebeccaAnn 
Posted: 22-Aug-2009, 10:28 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacHawthorn

Realm: Southren Illinois

female

They are in our thoughts and prayers. All of our children are. Our children started back to school on the 18th. How are the children doing? Are they going to be ok? It seems so few care about our children or anyone much these days. Stand and look but do nothing. I am so glad there are still a few good people, like you, that give a willing helping hand. Those kids are probably very greatful you were there and willing to help them.
RebeccaAnn
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 23-Aug-2009, 12:28 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

All three are still in critical condition. The injuries at the scene were grave. They included obvious head and internal injuries and a broken back (one kept shouting that he could not feel his legs).

Fortunately they were about 30 miles from a trauma center and the crash occurred across from a harvested wheat field where they could land a medical helicopter. Medicine today can accomplish wonders not possible 20 years ago if they have the opportunity.

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
Camac
Posted: 23-Aug-2009, 07:32 AM
Quote Post

Main: Registration
Questions: Help
Important: Rules

Zodiac

Patch;

Good on you old chap. The world needs people like you.As to the morbid anal orfices gawking it seems to me that when an accident occurs they materialize out of thin air hoping to see blood and gore and mangled bodies laying around. Bet they all had their cell phones out making movies for the news or u-tube.

Camac.

PS. Your kids start back to school early ours don't go back until after Labour Day.

Patch 
Posted: 23-Aug-2009, 06:53 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

Those things are too hard on my old "pump." I had to get the Nitroglycerine out after I got back in the car. I did not think to tell the friend who was with me to also watch for cell phones. Lit cigarettes concerned me a bit more at the time. The lady who was leaning inside the wreckage on the drivers side and I being partially inside on the other blocked any pics of the two pinned inside but I can not speak to what they were doing outside the vehicle. A friend of a friend was related to one of the youngsters (I do not know which one) is providing updates. All three are still critical but survive.

I can not understand why some people must see the terrible misfortunes of others.

A youngster who attends my church fell off a tractor and his head was run over, this being about two years ago. He nearly died at least three times and his prognosis was poor. He first returned to church in a wheel chair about 8 months ago and three weeks ago he walked down to communion from the back of the church (handicapped area) using a walker. It is a testament to the healing ability of youth and the medical profession. It appears that with some tutoring he is going to graduate with his class this year and I would not be surprised if he walks up to get his diploma with no aids. All three in the accident at least have a fighting chance now.

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
Camac
Posted: 24-Aug-2009, 08:41 AM
Quote Post

Main: Registration
Questions: Help
Important: Rules

Zodiac

Patch;

You did good but remember we are not as young as we once were and even though the mind will say you can do this the body rebels. I have been fortunate in that I haven't had to grab the Nitro in about 5 years. Guess I have slowed down and calmed down alot . The young believe they are immortal but sometimes recklessness and its results is the coin of that belief.

Camac.

LadyOfAvalon 
Posted: 27-Aug-2009, 09:14 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacVine

female

Thumbs up to you Patch and the lady... we need more people that gets involved in helping out others in difficult times and I should say "critical" times instead of standing there gawking. I guess it's simply lack of reaction in the face of unfortunate situations.

I sincerely hope that these kids will get through this and get back to their normal lives soon. They will be in my thoughts and prayers as here as well too many gets into terrible road accidents for lack of judgement, inexperience and much more.

LOA

--------------------
"Few men are brave:many become so through training and discipline."
Flavius Vegetius Renatus

"I think a hero is an ordinary individual who finds strenght to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles."
Christopher Reeve
PM My Photo Album               
RebeccaAnn 
Posted: 30-Aug-2009, 11:08 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacHawthorn

Realm: Southren Illinois

female

Have you heard anything? How are those young people doing?
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 31-Aug-2009, 05:56 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

One has been upgraded to serious condition and the other two my frioend did not know.

Slàinte,    

Patch    

PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
©2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics ©2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt