halbling8 
Posted: 18-Aug-2009, 02:56 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacReed

male

Cirque de Sliotar

‘WOW!’ was my first impression when I put on this CD, people still making and pushing Irish music in this day and age amazes me! I really thought Ireland had caught up in the world wind of global modernisation and Irish Trad was out dated. How wrong I was?? The fact that this band Sliother are still playing the nations music with such originality is incredible as well as bringing in old traditional songs with modern compositions, is pure genius. The band consists of, Des Gorevan on the percussion and drums, J.P Kallio does vocals, guitar, bouzouki and kantele, while Ray MacCormac whistles, sings and plays the Uilean Pipes. They perform in the Porterhouse in Dublin regularly and tour around Europe. It is worth seeing them live. Their album ‘Cirque de Sliotar’ should be blasting from the stereos in Irish pubs up and down the country, or playing in your car whilst you drive through Irelands breath taking landscape, well what’s left of it. Well-done lads!
Laura McGlynnMusicreviewunsigned.com

From Dublin comes a refreshing blend of Irish traditional folk/rock fusion that separates itself from many groups now performing this now popular genre. This is the group’s fourth CD and features a good mix of instrumentals and sing-a-longs, both modern and traditional, that will put you happily in a dark pub somewhere in Ireland. Sometimes mellow, sometimes just bouncing down the road, these are 11 great tracks of authentic Irish fare from the three-piece out of the nation’s capitol, who have built a respectable name for themselves throughout Europe. If you are looking for the real deal, look no further.
Jason WalshAMP Magazine

Whoa! We thought at first it was an acoustic "Who" with the uilleann pipes doing the Rodger Daltry part. But no, it was the high-energy Sliotar giving it some wellie; which they continue to do through the whole album. More like 'ear-grabbing' folk music than the finger-in-the-ear ballad and chorus style. Definitely lively & well worth a listen. "
All Celtic Music

"The Cirque de Sliotar finally captures the contemporary folk-rock sound that is all too obvious at the band's gigs. The fast tracks were our favourites. Listening to them, it is easy to picture concert goers jumping to their feet much the same way Horslips inspired an earlier generation with their mix of traditional and modern."
"Tracks like Lupo, Cirque de Sliotar, Bum Chuck, The Wall of Liscarrol and Drunken Landlady will liven and improve the mood at any gathering."
Raidió Idirlín
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
Jermy 
Posted: 27-Jul-2012, 05:32 AM
Quote Post

Servant

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Pilsen, Czech Republic

male

Nice interview with JP Kallio of Sliotar here (June 2012) http://celticmusicfan.com/2012/06/26/j-p-k...otar-interview/
PMEmail PosterUsers Website               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
©2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics ©2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt