SCShamrock 
Posted: 09-Aug-2009, 10:28 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacVine

Realm: Gamecock Country

male

Well if anyone doesn't like that Obama's being singled out, you may find some solace in sending an email to [email protected].

An aside; where are the ravenous dogs who rode Bush's ass for 7 years over domestic wiretapping and the war? They seem to give Obama a pass for expanding what was so evil of Bush to engage in.

--------------------
The peculiar evil of silencing the expression of an opinion is, that it is robbing the human race; posterity as well as the existing generation; those who dissent from the opinion, still more than those who hold it. If the opinion is right, they are deprived of the opportunity of exchanging error for truth: if wrong, they lose, what is almost as great a benefit, the clearer perception and livelier impression of truth, produced by its collision with error. ~John Stuart Mill, On Liberty, 1859

Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge.
~Mark Twain
PMEmail Poster               
Sonee 
Posted: 09-Aug-2009, 10:37 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacAsh

Realm: Nebraska

female

Well, once again I find myself compelled to add my voice to the many already here.....

I don't think it really matters at this point WHO actually instigated the blocking of the station. The fact that it was blocked, then that blockage was reported, then NOTHING was done about it proves that there is a problem somewhere and that problem almost HAS to be fairly high up on the food chain. If it was just a basic software/hardware/wiring/ISP problem then whoever's side that problem was on would go about fixing it and get the station up and running agian. If it is not getting fixed in due time then that is because someone is ordering it NOT to get fixed. No matter WHO that person is, the order is a direct violation of our rights. Regardless of who issued the order. THAT is the problem that needs to be addressed and our lackluster president should be the one to do it....IF he actually cares about our rights, which it doesn't appear that he does.

--------------------
Sonee

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing" Edmund Burke

"If there's a book you really want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it." ~Toni Morrison
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 10-Aug-2009, 01:39 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: America, Mid West

male

QUOTE (Sonee @ 10-Aug-2009, 12:37 AM)
Well, once again I find myself compelled to add my voice to the many already here.....

I don't think it really matters at this point WHO actually instigated the blocking of the station. The fact that it was blocked, then that blockage was reported, then NOTHING was done about it proves that there is a problem somewhere and that problem almost HAS to be fairly high up on the food chain. If it was just a basic software/hardware/wiring/ISP problem then whoever's side that problem was on would go about fixing it and get the station up and running agian. If it is not getting fixed in due time then that is because someone is ordering it NOT to get fixed. No matter WHO that person is, the order is a direct violation of our rights. Regardless of who issued the order. THAT is the problem that needs to be addressed and our lackluster president should be the one to do it....IF he actually cares about our rights, which it doesn't appear that he does.

Congratulations, you have stated this as well as it can be stated.

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
Shadows 
Posted: 10-Aug-2009, 02:31 PM
Quote Post

Reader of souls, vision seeker, TROLL
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: The frontier of Penn's Woods

male

I am going to put in my two pence here:
I seriously doubt that Obama has even heard of Celtic Radio personaly, this site is not the only one being "blocked" ! A lot of internet stations that don't "tow the line" are being effected the same way. This decission was made by the military censers ( remenber GOOD MORNING VIETNAM )...not the white house.

I did not vote for Obama, but do think he is personaly being blamed for stuff I really hope he does not have the time to worry with...

We have more pressing issues as a country!

Place the blame where it belongs.

--------------------
I support the separation of church and hate!

IMAGINATION - the freest and largest nation in the world!

One can not profess to be of "GOD" and show intolerence and prejudice towards the beliefs of others.

Am fear nach gleidh na h–airm san t–sith, cha bhi iad aige ’n am a’ chogaidh.
He that keeps not his arms in time of peace will have none in time of war.

"We're all in this together , in the parking lot between faith and fear" ... O.C.M.S.

“Beasts feed; man eats; only the man of intellect knows how to eat well.”

"Without food we are nothing, without history we are lost." - SHADOWS

Is iomadh duine laghach a mhill an Creideamh.
Religion has spoiled many a good man.

The clan MacEwen
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
Antwn 
Posted: 10-Aug-2009, 03:04 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: UDA ond o linach Cymry

male

QUOTE (Shadows @ 10-Aug-2009, 03:31 PM)
I did not vote for Obama, but do think he is personaly being blamed for stuff I really hope he does not have the time to worry with...

We have more pressing issues as a country!

Place the blame where it belongs.

Thank you!

Not only do we have more pressing issues as a country, the troops in Iraq have more pressing issues. Amazing how people here will decry the lack of respect paid to the fighting men and women in Iraq yet whine when they have more pressing matters to attend to than Celtic Radio, and if they don't rectify an access problem immediately you'd think the entire constitution of the United States had been circumvented. Has paranoia completely taken the place of sense? We still don't know what the access issue is, but that doesn't stop the conspiratorial crowd. Obama's personally responsible for denying the troops our precious website because he doesn't care about our rights!! At least the troops are denied access to some of that crap. Bless 'em. Shadows is right. Not only does Obama and the military have more important things to worry about, but that's a profound understatement. I say this not to disparage Celtic Radio but to say, lets put some perspective on the issue!

--------------------
Yr hen Gymraeg i mi,
Hon ydyw iaith teimladau,
Ac adlais i guriadau
Fy nghalon ydyw hi
--- Mynyddog
PMEmail Poster               
Dogshirt 
Posted: 10-Aug-2009, 07:09 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

Realm: Washington THE State

male

When I was in the Army in the early 70s, we got ALL of our tv and radio from Armed Forces Radio and Television. They controlled what we saw, and what we heard. Partly as censorship, but also because we were in a foreign country and the media there was rather incomprehensible to the majority of us.
While I realize the technology has changed GREATLY in the last 40 years, there is still only so much that the military can and will do for our troops. This sounds more like a CAN do rather than a WILL do to me.

beer_mug.gif

--------------------
Hoka Hey!
The more Liberals I meet, the more I like my dogs!
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
CelticRadio 
Posted: 10-Aug-2009, 08:19 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Toronto, CAN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
252,053 Gold!

There has been some talk about Obama not personally being involved in blocking Celtic Radio and I do agree with those that Obama probably does not care about this site nor any other site on the sub 500,000 list of websites.

However, I honestly believe that what we are witnessing here is a controlling of media and government to an extent that we have never seen before. Heck, our boys in the battlefield should be able to visit any site they want to - especially if they are putting their lives on the line. Why should the government filter sites that they deem unfit unless of course it has something to do with terrorist activity or breach of security.

It starts at the top and filters down to all of the lower level government administrators. So, in a way it does have something to do with Obama, but I agree, he did not say "Stop the soldiers in Iraq from visiting CelticRadio.net" smile.gif

--------------------
Celtic Radio DJ
http://www.CelticRadio.net
Celtic Radio Music Network
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
Sonee 
Posted: 11-Aug-2009, 01:24 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacAsh

Realm: Nebraska

female

That was exactly my point.....even though/if he didn't PERSONALLY order the blockage the ability of anyone or any group or any organization to block things like this can only be done because Obama allows it in other areas or in other things. People are realizing that the 'powers that be' are trampling on our constitution in all sorts of ways so they feel comfortable and/or obligated and/or like it is their 'right' to stop others from enjoying thier rights.

I really don't see how the trampling of our constitution and usurping of our rights one by one right out from under our noses is not pressing. What difference does any other problem we have make if we have no freedoms? You say that this is not circumventing our constitution but actually it is. This is how it starts, and it picks up speed by people like you who don't see anything wrong with what has happened, don't see the bigger picture. If nothing is done about this in a properly outraged manner the kinds of people that perpetrate this kind of censor gain power and confidence and things begin to escalate until it is too late.

This in and of itself may not be the worst thing the world has seen, but it is the troubling beginning of a road we do NOT want to travel down. To avoid the kinds of atrocities the rest of us can see coming it is time we nip this in the bud.
PMEmail Poster               
Antwn 
Posted: 11-Aug-2009, 01:23 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: UDA ond o linach Cymry

male

QUOTE (Sonee @ 11-Aug-2009, 02:24 AM)
That was exactly my point.....even though/if he didn't PERSONALLY order the blockage the ability of anyone or any group or any organization to block things like this can only be done because Obama allows it in other areas or in other things. People are realizing that the 'powers that be' are trampling on our constitution in all sorts of ways so they feel comfortable and/or obligated and/or like it is their 'right' to stop others from enjoying thier rights.

I really don't see how the trampling of our constitution and usurping of our rights one by one right out from under our noses is not pressing. What difference does any other problem we have make if we have no freedoms? You say that this is not circumventing our constitution but actually it is. This is how it starts, and it picks up speed by people like you who don't see anything wrong with what has happened, don't see the bigger picture. If nothing is done about this in a properly outraged manner the kinds of people that perpetrate this kind of censor gain power and confidence and things begin to escalate until it is too late.

This in and of itself may not be the worst thing the world has seen, but it is the troubling beginning of a road we do NOT want to travel down. To avoid the kinds of atrocities the rest of us can see coming it is time we nip this in the bud.

Fine, so enlighten me please in what specific ways the constitution is being trampled upon, circumvented, undermined etc. please.
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 11-Aug-2009, 03:38 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

QUOTE (Sonee @ 11-Aug-2009, 03:24 AM)

The first.

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
englishmix 
Posted: 11-Aug-2009, 04:01 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: My place

That's the new USA.
The AUDACITY of change!!!!

Say good bye to your liberty! Say good bye to hope! All this is but the beginning of trials and tribulation under these creeps and crooks.

Repent ye who voted these !@^$#@ into office! Its about time to take your OBAMA bumper sticker off that government owned car of yours, don't you think?
PMEmail Poster                
Patch 
Posted: 11-Aug-2009, 04:07 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

QUOTE (CelticRadio @ 10-Aug-2009, 10:19 PM)
There has been some talk about Obama not personally being involved in blocking Celtic Radio and I do agree with those that Obama probably does not care about this site nor any other site on the sub 500,000 list of websites.

However, I honestly believe that what we are witnessing here is a controlling of media and government to an extent that we have never seen before. Heck, our boys in the battlefield should be able to visit any site they want to - especially if they are putting their lives on the line. Why should the government filter sites that they deem unfit unless of course it has something to do with terrorist activity or breach of security.

It starts at the top and filters down to all of the lower level government administrators. So, in a way it does have something to do with Obama, but I agree, he did not say "Stop the soldiers in Iraq from visiting CelticRadio.net" smile.gif

Were it not for the timing it would not be quite so suspicious. Those with military background know that when an officer says fix it there are plenty of "troops" in communications sitting around scratching themselves who could and would jump right on it! I agree with Dogshirt that access was tightly controlled during VN but since and especially under bush it was wide open.

The illusion of wrong doing is as bad as the deed it's self.

I must agree with Paul.

If it smells bad, it very likely IS!

Slàinte,    

Patch    

PMEmail Poster               
stoirmeil 
Posted: 11-Aug-2009, 05:48 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: New York

QUOTE (CelticRadio @ 10-Aug-2009, 09:19 PM)

Paul, if you're at liberty to say, how much do you really know for sure about where this constraint is coming from? "The government" is too big a target somehow.
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRadio 
Posted: 11-Aug-2009, 07:41 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Toronto, CAN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
252,053 Gold!

I will try writing to the Sgt. and see if he can access the site in a few days. Been pretty much away from Celtic Radio the past week working on renovating my backyard deck.

But I do appreciate everyones respectful posts. I did have to edit one post and I am sure the poster was just really upset by the fact the site was blocked for military personal in Iraq.

From what I am seeing on the news, they just don't want anyone complaining or expressing their views unless it is in total agreement with their views. I wonder what other sites they are blocking.
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
Patch 
Posted: 12-Aug-2009, 11:36 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

Unfortunately that is not representative of a Democracy or a Representative Republic.

Slàinte,  

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]