Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Mexico Swine Flu, New Strain!, Spurs global epidemic fear.
Bookmark and Share
Patch 
Posted: 07-Aug-2009, 06:15 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacIvy

Realm: America, Mid West

male

QUOTE (Mailagnas maqqas Dunaidonas @ 07-Aug-2009, 10:50 AM)
I'm in the 65 or over group that is not on the list to receive the swine flu vaccine due to probably already having immunity, but cannot help recalling the last time a vaccine was rushed out to prevent an epidemic. IIRC, the vaccine caused more problems than the flu did.

I had the swine flu when it went around 40 years ago. It is said that there might be immunity from that but this could be a new virus. Personally it is in my opinion that the swine flu is greatly exaggerated. The death rate is lower so far than the normal flu season. My MD said the existing tests range from 10 to 50 percent in reaching a correct diagnosis so it is just an educated guess. I use a nationwide pharmacy and can call my MD, describe the symptoms. He will get a prescription called for Tamiflu. Since I make forays out of the area frequently, it works for me.

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
Camac
Posted: 07-Aug-2009, 07:13 PM
Quote Post

Main: Registration
Questions: Help
Important: Rules

Zodiac

Patch;
It is 7:50 pm here in Oakville and I have finally relaxed enough to say that 12 hours ago my oldest was rushed to the Emerg with a very severe case of the Flu.
There is a remote possibility that it is Swine Flu but they are waiting on the test results to either confirm or eliminate it. She is resting fine now and both the vomitting and Diarrhea are under control and she is taking fluids because she was so dehydrated. Well at least she is in a very good hospital and they will look after her so I know that I can sleep to-night and not have to worry. I will worry though because that's what Fathers do. Here I was a few hours ago on another topic making light of my mortality and the Fates hit me with this. I wish I was at the hospital right now but I know that is the worst place I could be but damn my Baby is really sick. Gotta go my glasses are getting misty and the the page is hard to see.

Camac.

stoirmeil 
Posted: 07-Aug-2009, 07:31 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: New York

She's in good hands, Dad. We'll be thinking about both of you and wishing the best of all possible outcomes. No doubt tomorrow when you see her you will be a great deal relieved, once they get her hydrated and comfortable again. If there's anything relevant that's good for us to know, about what it was that hit the poor kid, you'll tell us.
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 07-Aug-2009, 07:38 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

I know this not your belief but I have said a prayer for both of you. (It can not hurt the situation)

Being in the hospital will get her the best care. Though I have never had the experience of a child being severely ill, I have considered the possibility. My thoughts will be with both of you and I wish your daughter a speedy recovery.

Slàinte,   

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
Camac
Posted: 07-Aug-2009, 07:47 PM
Quote Post

Zodiac

Thank you Patch for your kind thought and your prayer.Even though I don't believe as other might I too am praying to my Creator to help my Paula.. I just got an update from my ex that Paula is now on morphine to help control the pain being caused by severe cramping. There will be little or no sleep in the McArthur households this night.

Camac

flora 
Posted: 07-Aug-2009, 08:09 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

Realm: Tangerine, Florida

female

Camac, I am adding my prayers for Paula and you. Please do keep us updated on how you are doing.

Flora

--------------------
"Nature always wears the colors of the spirit." -
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
K. Gibran

In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks.
John Muir

"Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves."
John Muir
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 07-Aug-2009, 08:12 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

I suspect that your "Creator" and my "God" are one in the same. It is all in how we each believe.

You will not be out of my/our thoughts and prayers until all is well!

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
Rindy 
Posted: 07-Aug-2009, 08:26 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacBirch

female

I am so sorry Camac. My thoughts and prayers are going out to you and your family. Please keep us updated as you can. Hang in there.

Slainte
PMEmail Poster               
Camac
Posted: 07-Aug-2009, 08:37 PM
Quote Post

Zodiac

Patch and flora;

Again I thank you for your kind thoughts and prayers and I will keep you posted. I am a bit old fashion I guess for I was raised to believe that a Father protects his children and when they get sick the realization that you couldn't do anything to stop it hurts, and an anger starts to build. It is a frustrating anger for there is no one to lash out at and fight. I learned along time ago there is no use cursing the Fates or for that matter the Creator for they do not heed the ravings of a mad man. Again my friends THANK YOU for your kindness.

Camac.

Patch 
Posted: 07-Aug-2009, 08:59 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

We think much alike. When young, they look to us to make it all better and we strive to achieve. It is hard to let go of this as they become adults. Try to rest if you can. It will do no good for both of you to be ill. If you have trouble sleeping, I will try to be back several times tonight.

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
Camac
Posted: 07-Aug-2009, 09:24 PM
Quote Post

Zodiac

Patch,
My son-in-law called at 10;00 and said that Paula had been moved to a room and that she was comfortable and sleeping. She is on morphine for the pain caused by the cramps and they gave her a sedative. She is still passing blood but even that seems to be lessening. From what he describe to me it is almost like Paula has Aeomebic Dysentry, which I have had. I shan't second guess the doctors. I thank you for the offer but Grahame assured me that Paula is in the best of hands and that he was on his way home to get some sleep. My leg has been acting up alot to-day so I'll take some pain killer and try to sleep. The hospital has scheduled a Catscan and Colonoscopy for to-morrow and after those test we can go visit. Thanks again my Friend.

Camac.

ps. It is a Fathers sacred duty to worry about his children and to protect them. That`s what my Dad taught me.

flora 
Posted: 07-Aug-2009, 10:07 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

Realm: Tangerine, Florida

female

I stopped back by to see if you had posted an update. I am so glad that she is resting (boy that morphine is gooood stuff) and I hope you are now too.

Flora
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 08-Aug-2009, 02:03 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

I am glad to hear she is comfortable now. I will be back again before morning. It is hard not to second guess the doctors since as we gain in age we experience more ailments to compare with those of others who are younger.

Take care and keep us posted.

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
Camac
Posted: 08-Aug-2009, 08:31 AM
Quote Post

Zodiac

Patch;

I talked to the hospital about 20 mins. ago and got some more info on my daughter. She had a bad night spiking temps. that they had to apply ice packs. She is scheduled for a Catscan this morning and they said she should be back around 10 or 10:30 and I can go visit her. Her blood test ruled out Swine Flu which is a relief but I am worried because Colon and Bowel Cancer run on my side of the family. It killed my Mom, two of her sisters and my grandmother. I woke up around 3:00 this morning and just started bawling like a baby. I'm afraid my emmotions are getting the better of me and I have to get them under control before I head to the hospital can't let Paula see how upset and worried I am.
I'm glad you guys are out there and your kindness and concern mean alot to me.

Camac

Patch 
Posted: 08-Aug-2009, 08:46 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

I know this is rough for you. I am glad it was not swine flu. It is nearly impossible to not imagine what it might be. It is natural to be afraid and the unknown is always worse than the known. No matter the disease, today is a better time to be ill than ever before. Medicine cures things today that were not thought possible even as little as 20 years ago.

Please continue to keep us posted. I will be back various times during the day today. You and your daughter are still in our prayers and thoughts.

Slàinte,   

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
©2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics ©2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt