Group Icon

Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Toronto, CAN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
240,099 Gold!

Just a quick note that I am working on a RPG modification that adds a level system and graph to your posting. This is why you are seeing a level under your name and graph.

I'll have more details about this level system later as it is a work in progress and I need to get some of the bugs out of the modification. It combines both the time you have spent on the board, average daily posts, and other factors. Again, will have complete details about this modification later.

If you think this idea is completely wacked, let me know! Or if you like it, let me know that too! wink.gif

While we have the ranking system available, this will be a permanent system that will not have much upkeep and can increase a persons level indefinitely depending on their member stats.

--------------------
Celtic Radio DJ
http://www.CelticRadio.net
Celtic Radio Music Network
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
free2Bme 
Posted: 09-Aug-2003, 07:43 AM
Quote Post

Queen of Janetania

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Gulf Coast of Florida

female

Okay, I was wondering about the new thingys you have added over here to the left.

Now you said it will be able to record how much time we spend on this forum, or on the Internet as a whole? Either way, that is a scary proposition, because then we would know the ACTUAL amount of time (for me its a LOT!) we sit here and read and compose messages.

walkman.gif

--------------------
RPG Anne O'Calahan
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRadio 
Posted: 09-Aug-2003, 08:57 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
240,099 Gold!

QUOTE (free2Bme @ Aug 9 2003, 09:43 AM)
Okay, I was wondering about the new thingys you have added over here to the left.

Now you said it will be able to record how much time we spend on this forum, or on the Internet as a whole? Either way, that is a scary proposition, because then we would know the ACTUAL amount of time (for me its a LOT!) we sit here and read and compose messages.

walkman.gif

The time I was referring to in the level system is the amount of time you have been a member. Sorry, I didn't mean to sound like it records all of the time you are on the internet...only this board.

And the time means the number of days you have been a member.

PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
free2Bme 
Posted: 09-Aug-2003, 09:35 AM
Quote Post

Queen of Janetania

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Gulf Coast of Florida

female

Okay, that's cool then! You had me worried there for a minute! fear.gif lamo.gif
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRadio 
Posted: 09-Aug-2003, 11:18 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
240,099 Gold!

hehehe....no problem!

Hope your move went good! Are you all settled in yet?
stevenpd 
Posted: 09-Aug-2003, 11:35 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacReed

Realm: Fountain Valley, Calif.

male

I love it! What are the catagories?

nerd.gif

--------------------

user posted image

Vote in the 2018 Music Awards

Dear Lord, lest I continue in my complacent ways, help me to remember that someone died for me today. And if there be war, help me to remember to ask and to answer "am I worth dying for?" - Eleanor Roosevelt

The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.
-- Herbert Spencer, English Philosopher (1820-1903)
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
CelticRadio 
Posted: 09-Aug-2003, 12:29 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
240,099 Gold!

I'll have more permanent details very soon, but here is what the RPG ratings mean.

Your level is based upon your total number of posts. A nice mathmatical formula is used to translate the total post count into an integer number. The highest level currently on the board is a 31. (And that is not me!). How high can the levels go? That is up to this community. There is no limit to level!

Now for the standard RPG type characteristics:

HP - stands for Hit Points. Hp is based on user activity. A member's current HP is based on the user's posts per day. A higher post average per day, the more HP. A user with an average post per day will have 50% of their max HP. We have set the average post per day at 2. Members who manage to post so far above the average that they have more HP than their max will receive a bonus to their max HP.

MP - In the world of RPG, this stands for mana points. For our purpose MP is calculated by how long the user has been around and how often they post. Max MP is based on level, and increases with level. Each post a user makes costs them mp, and a user regenerates mp proportional to how many days they have been registered. We determine the ratio for MP and will adjust that ratio as needed.

EP - Experience is determined by how far the user is away from the next level. This is expressed as a percentage. Note, a user of level 0 has 100% experience. Making one post will put them at level 1. Also, a user that is shown to have 100% experience, will go up a level on their next post.

Remember that your HP, MP and EP is specific to your level and not for your total time here on the messageboard. Any specific questions about this RPG system please let me know.

Ok, let's see who the first is to have 100% of HP, MP & EP. It is possible, but very difficult!

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]