DesertRose 
Posted: 30-Mar-2009, 04:37 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAlder

Realm: The desert of Arizona

female

I guess authors have their reasons for having different names. No matter.

I really loved Donati's "Into the Wilderness" I found it to be exceptional and great story telling of the time period. However, while the author has tried to make a series of this time period, I find all other books following "Into the Wilderness" weak at best. Sorry...I just couldn't get into the rest of the books and stopped reading them.

Perhaps some of you have found differently or even the author's books to be wonderful. Please do share! smile.gif

--------------------
Fine art & photography by DESERT ROSE IMAGES
http://www.desertrose-images.com
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMy Photo Album               
Leelee 
Posted: 30-Mar-2009, 06:36 PM
Quote Post

Lady Leleanda - Mystic Dreamer
Group Icon

Group: Fellowship of the Ring
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Alberta, Canada

female

One of the reasons I decided to read Sara's Series is that I was told that Diana had coached Sara; how true that is, I am uncertain. I have enjoyed the Series thus far and have found that her writing had improved as the saga continued.

I am on her Fifth book now, Queen of Swords, which mainly bases the story on Luke, Hannah and Jennet (thus far). I cannot give an honest opinion on this book, but have enjoyed the series.

Sara Donati is definitely not as talented as Diana Gabaldon. Sara's series is a "filler" until Echo in the Bone is on the shelves.

--------------------
Slàinte!

Truth in our hearts. Strength in our hands. Consistency in our tongues.

Beauty is not just all around us, but within us....

"Mo nighean donn," he whispered, "Mo chridhe. My brown lass, my heart. Come to me. Cover me. Shelter me, a bhean, heal me. Burn with me, as I burn for you."(Fiery Cross Quote)
gaberlunzie 
Posted: 26-May-2009, 06:15 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

female

I have read all books of Diana Gabaldon and Sara Donati as well as far as the series are concerned.
To my opinion their styles of writing are different; it doesn't do Sara Doanti justice to compare her with Diana Gabaldon.

In her first book "Into the wilderness" we got to know main characters like Nathaniel and Elizabeth Bonner who vanish to the background in the books following in the series. Maybe this is a reason for the feeling those books are weak compared to the first one; Sara Donati created strong and lively, impressing characters and one wishes for reading more about them in the next books - but that's the way it is in a kind of family and time chronicle.

As I said before, I never compared the two authors with each other but enjoy each of them in their unique way of writinig.

--------------------
"Now here's my secret", said the fox, "it is very simple. It is only with ones heart that one can see clearly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."

("The Little Prince" by Antoine de Saint-Exupery)

"The soul would have no rainbow, if the eye had no tears."
(Native American Proverb)
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
DesertRose 
Posted: 28-May-2009, 11:11 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

Realm: The desert of Arizona

female

I think each reader has to decide which is a good read or not due to their own personal preferences. Doesn't make a book especially good or bad, but what the reader enjoys. That is what reading is all about! Reading each book and deciding what was a good read for them at the time. To me that pretty much sums it up. IMHO! wink.gif
Robert Phoenix 
Posted: 29-May-2009, 10:24 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Ironwood, MI

male

Read "Ireland" by Frank Delaney if you would like a really good book to tide you over till Diana's next one.

--------------------
Unavoidably Detained by the World

"Irishness is not primary a question of birth or blood or language; it is the condition on being involved in the Irish situation, and usually of being mauled by it."-Conor Cruise O'Brien

Pour mouth to mouth
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
©2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics ©2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt