Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )
   Mobile App

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Adoption And Its Impact On Family!, How has it affected your life?
Bookmark and Share
Camac
Posted: 07-Jul-2009, 10:24 AM
Quote Post

Main: Registration
Questions: Help
Important: Rules

Zodiac

Mon Cher L.O.A;

C'est de grandes nouvelles. Je suis la avec vous dans l'esprit comme vous savez.
Bonne chance mon Ami le Plus cher. Je prie les Destins sont avec vous.

Great news L.O.A. I.m happy for you. Your Friend the "Crusty old Dud" from Ontario.

Camac. thumbs_up.gif thumbs_up.gif thumbs_up.gif

TheCarolinaScotsman 
Posted: 07-Jul-2009, 12:24 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

Realm: North Carolina

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #2
2,147,483,647 Gold!

This is such wonderful news for you. It will finally lay to rest much of the wondering and speculation that you've had up till now. I hope that the meeting lives up to all your expectations. And always remember that you have friends here who love and support you.

--------------------
TheCarolinaScotsman

Ya'll drive safe and come back soon.
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
LadyOfAvalon 
Posted: 11-Jul-2009, 09:42 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacVine

female

Yesterday was the day.

It finally happened and what a day it was.Everything went smooth as butter.
Alot of emotions but also a lot of joy and happiness for all parties involved.

It was a grand day, beautiful outside and wonderful inside.
A feeling on completeness after so long...my first attempt on finding my biological parents was at 18.It seems that after all these years the number nine always so present in my life was aligned with all the good stars and the good fairies granted me this wish of a lifetime. I am 49 and my mother 69 and we are in 2009 and my birthday is the 29-09 and I've learned that my biological grandmother on my mother's side is 89 years old...I mean if the number nine is not present I must be blind.lol

At last this chapter of research and emptyness was finally fullfilled and most of all a good contact and acceptance has been achieved. My biological mother couldn't keep her hands of me. She was touching my hair,my face, my arms, taking my hand and kissing me. I would hold her in my arms so tight as she cried I think I almost chocked the poor woman...

Now is a new beginning and hopefully we will never loose ourselves ever again.

Believe in your dreams...it will come true.

LOA smile.gif

--------------------
"Few men are brave:many become so through training and discipline."
Flavius Vegetius Renatus

"I think a hero is an ordinary individual who finds strenght to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles."
Christopher Reeve
PM My Photo Album               
TheCarolinaScotsman 
Posted: 12-Jul-2009, 05:18 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #2
2,147,483,647 Gold!

I am so happy for you. It is good to be at peace with who you are and where you came from. I hope that you will have a long and joyous relationship with your new found parents. Meanwhile, I hope that your parents who raised you can be happy for you and realize that this does not diminish them or their part in your life. You are a very lucky girl to have two sets of parents who love you.
Camac
Posted: 12-Jul-2009, 07:56 AM
Quote Post

Zodiac

LOA;

I cannot describe my happiness for you having had such a wonderous reunion with your Parents. Truely the Fates are kind and they also will rejoice for you. You are indeed a most fortunate girl having two sets of parents who love you.

Ces't manifique.

Camac.

stevenpd 
Posted: 21-Jul-2009, 11:43 AM
Quote Post

An American Guardian of the Realm
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacReed

Realm: Fountain Valley, Calif.

male

Wonderful news!

So glad you were able to complete this and with such outstanding results.

--------------------

user posted image

Vote in the 2013 Music Awards

Dear Lord, lest I continue in my complacent ways, help me to remember that someone died for me today. And if there be war, help me to remember to ask and to answer "am I worth dying for?" - Eleanor Roosevelt

The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.
-- Herbert Spencer, English Philosopher (1820-1903)
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
Harlot 
Posted: 30-Aug-2009, 01:19 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Southern Michiagn USA

female

LOA, so happy for you to finally meet the people who give you life. I know that you are most thrilled about this with the talks that we have shared. I'am also sending you lots of warm ~HUGS~ to you.

Harlot

--------------------
user posted image
Hopes are towers in the skies Dreams are wings taking flight

The Boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best Shadowy and vague. Who shall say where one ends and the other begins

Photobucket

SLAINTE
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
McRoach 
  Posted: 05-Sep-2009, 09:54 PM
Quote Post

>>*<<

ZodiacRowan

Realm: Desert Highlands, USA

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #7
2,147,483,647 Gold!

Clan: AWARE

That's great! I am very happy for you and your family. thumbs_up.gif

--------------------
"May those who love us, love us. And those who hate us, may God turn their hearts. And if he doesn't turn their hearts, may he turn their ankles so we'll know them by their limping."
-Celtic Proverbs

Grateful am I to have a sword in which to defend myself at all times, blessed am I for the days I need not use it.

Daylight Saving Time countdown banner
LadyOfAvalon 
Posted: 11-Sep-2009, 02:29 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacVine

female

Thank you everyone for all the kind words and encouragements towards me throughout this process that is still going on as we have to get to know each other and to me that'll be the longest part of it. As this is slow working progress on both sides.

Thank you smile.gif

LOA
PM My Photo Album               
LadyOfAvalon 
Posted: 19-Mar-2010, 04:14 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacVine

female

Hi everyone,

I thought to bring that little journal here up to date.
As of this week unfortunately things did not go well with the relationship with my parents. I received a letter this week with threats from my father that he would take actions against me if I persist in trying to make contact to either of them.

This following a letter that I sent to them about my thoughts on the current situation and the few developments that occured since the initial meeting with them. Their indifference and no show of interests towards me but most of all the insistance from their part to keep in the dark, meaning not to divulge my existence to my siblings and act as if I do not exist. I couldn't concede to their request as I consider that no one can demand that from another human being especially a blood relation.

It seems that they took my letter as a threat to their dignity and thus ended our relation. Little that they know they have again rejected me by that action but they also lost me forever. I will walk with my head high unlike them that will always have a heavy burden of shame in their hearts. And little that they know that when the news will come out to my siblings and the proof of who I am, then they will have but no choice to explain what happened.

But I will still go forward with my next move to fulfill my dream to meet my siblings as they have nothing to do with the decision that my parents took when I was born..thus they have the right as human being to know that they have a sister that exist in this world.

That's if for now..and maybe later if new development comes ahead in meeting my siblings I will update that journal.

LOA
PM My Photo Album               
Camac
Posted: 19-Mar-2010, 05:51 PM
Quote Post

Zodiac

LOA;

Hello my Friend. It is good to hear from you even though your news is upsetting.
My heart goes out to you. Ils sont indignes pour etre appeles des parents. Ils sont sans honnouer et devraient avoir honte. Hold your head high Mon Cher they are unworthy of you. Take care.

Camac

PS: Souvenez-vous que je suis votre ami toujours.

TheCarolinaScotsman 
Posted: 19-Mar-2010, 11:22 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #2
2,147,483,647 Gold!

My dear LOA,

I was overjoyed for you when you first made connection with your parents. Now my heart breaks at this development. Truly, anyone who could deny their own flesh and blood is someone I can not understand. I sincerely hope that you have a much better experience with your siblings. And always remember the family and friends who do love you. Many times in this world we make our own families and those that we make are based on love, not blood. Sometimes, one can have both, but if I have to choose just one, then I choose love over blood. Be well in spirit and heart. You know that you may write to me at any time.

CarolinaScotsman
MDF3530 
Posted: 20-Mar-2010, 02:01 AM
Quote Post

Ready for some racin'!
Group Icon

Group: Hogwarts
ZodiacAlder

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

LoA-

I am sorry to hear that your biological parents are acting that way. They are missing out on the opportunity of a lifetime and are fools for doing so.

Neither my sister or I are adopted, but we do have a cousin who is. As far as I know, Emily has always been treated the same as our other cousins.

--------------------
Mike F.

May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.

user posted image
LadyOfAvalon 
Posted: 21-Mar-2010, 07:19 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacVine

female

Dear friends,

Thank you for your support, it means alot to me. Please understand that I can no longer keep the picture that I've posted of our meeting last July. I know that you may think me a hard person when I'll say that to me though my heart bleeds right now they are dead to me and I will have to move on as now I know where I stand where they are concern.

I have a meeting this coming Tuesday with the intervenant who wishes to help me out in dealing with this and help through the next level. Though he is no longer involved in the work in progress with the previous project with my parents , he still wants to help me as he feels that I've been blown an unfair treatment from my parents. I sincerely appreciate what he is doing for me and I will keep this journal updated with the future development with my siblings if ever... I have to keep faith and that is my next dream. Hopefully, there will be at least one who will agree to make contact with me.

LOA

My dear Camac and CarolinaScotsman...a very special thank you and hugs and kisses I send your way for your undying support and friendship. hug.gif

Thank you MDF3530 for the kind words and yes indeed they are missing a lifetime opportunity but unfortunately that is their choice and there is this old saying that says " one is supposed to learn from one's mistake " it seems that they have repeated that same mistake of 50 years ago.
PM My Photo Album               
LadyOfAvalon 
Posted: 09-Jul-2010, 03:31 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacVine

female

Been a while since I've posted in here as I went back to work full time for I didn't want to drown myself into depression after this complete disaster with my biological parents.

Tomorrow it will be a year since that first meeting with them occured though even then I wasn't sure about their sincerity as you all know it was not so.

So this said I have made a decision which to some of you might find drastic or harsh or whatever you want to call it.

But since that cruel letter that I've received from my father and since that I know that some of my siblings knows now about my existence and have simply not bothered to even contact me as one of them have my phone number, all that they have given me as gift or money...I will burn everything tomorrow as a symbolic gesture of freeing myself of them and go on with my life.

To me that is the only way that I will be able to get on and turn the page as far as they are concerned.

Some have asked me not to do this as who knows...some might come or call in the future...but I cannot forgive any of them for the way I've been treated...maybe God or the creator in all his mercy will but I cannot...I'm human after all and I must go on and I deserve to be happy.

I am surrounded with my family and friends who loves me...to hell with the ones who still lives with prejudices..I couldn't care less about them...but the ones I love and love me for who I am are more and most important of all...so life goes on.

LOA smile.gif
PM My Photo Album               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics 2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt