Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> The Sword Of Truth Series, Anyone read them?
Bookmark and Share
j Padraig moore 
Posted: 10-Feb-2009, 07:59 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

Recently we have been watching the TV show, "Legend of the Seeker", based on the above mentioned books, by Terry Goodkind. Has anyone read the books? There are 12 books in the series.
The TV show is set in a medieval-type time period, though of a world created by the author.
Comments on Amazon from other readers state that they liked the series, but admit the books are not well written.
PMEmail Poster               
jayhenson 
Posted: 10-Feb-2009, 10:30 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHawthorn

Realm: Royse City, Texas USA

male

Overall, the books were not bad, though they were much better in the beginning I think Mr. Goodkind kinda lost the thread or lost interest and just wanted to finish the series. I have been watching the show and it is doing very well following the books as far as introducing characters and following some of the various story lines. I like it so far.

The series is worth a read and you can probably find them ad a used book store for cheap (don't get them new).
There are other series I wish they would turn into tv shows or movies but alas, i don't make those calls

peace
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
j Padraig moore 
Posted: 11-Feb-2009, 12:08 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Thanks Jay, I'll give this series a try. Maybe the library has them.
We've become fans of the TV show, "Legend of the Seeker", but forgot to watch last weeks episode!
PMEmail Poster               
jayhenson 
Posted: 12-Feb-2009, 05:16 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHawthorn

Realm: Royse City, Texas USA

male

They play the previous weeks epi on Sundays here I think. There are many series I would love to see turned into shows or movies. There is talk about a Dragonriders of Pern movie (a Canadian movie company bought the rights), there was talk of an Elric Saga movie, and Enders Game movie, etc....
I would love to see the Belgariad series brought to life. If the Pern movie does indeed happen I can only hope the special effects are awesome. (like the dragon in Reign of Fire). I would love to see more of the Star Wars Expanded Universe brought to the screen as well, even in a computer animated "Clone Wars" style. I have even enjoyed the Nora Roberts movies at times [yes...Nora Roberts] though I would prefer her J.D. Robb "...in Death" series to become a TV show.
I loved the Twilight series and thought the movie was well done, coulda been better but was pretty darn good. Soon the Harry Potter movies will be done and we can only hope for another great series to become a series of movies. I have read so many books it is hard for me to sit down and think of what I would like to see done.

The Eragon series had/has potential but the first movie sucked really really badly. I hope they do better if they continue.

Ok, I am about typed out for this note so back to you up in the booth......

Slàinte
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
j Padraig moore 
Posted: 25-Feb-2009, 01:14 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

"Legend..." is on a digital channel that we receive only marginally. As you know with the switch to digital, either you get the tv signal or not at all. So, last week, no "Legend of the Seeker" at our house. Maybe we'll have better luck this Saturday.
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
©2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics ©2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt