Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacRowan

Realm: Desert Highlands, USA

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #6
2,147,483,647 Gold!

Clan: AWARE

So I have not seen much in these forums discussing fish and wanted to see if anyone else enjoys a well kept aquarium or pond without spending a small fortune to do so.
Why keep fish? Of coarse you can't pet a fish and rarely will it do anything deemed a trick but I have found that fish are calming to watch and there are a large variety of colorful and interesting looking fish out there.

I have a 30 gallon tank which has played host to many different fish over the years and since I set it up and the 2 Placostumus at the bottom have outlasted every other fish I have.

I have also found that having plenty of fresh live plants in the tank really add to the overall value of the tank as well as water quality.

Please post any pictures or comments on your tank setup or favorite freshwater fish here.

smile.gif

--------------------
"May those who love us, love us. And those who hate us, may God turn their hearts. And if he doesn't turn their hearts, may he turn their ankles so we'll know them by their limping."
-Celtic Proverbs

Grateful am I to have a sword in which to defend myself at all times, blessed am I for the days I need not use it.

Daylight Saving Time countdown banner
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
valpal59 
Posted: 03-Dec-2008, 10:21 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Texas Panhandle

female

We have 2 aquariums, a 50 gal. in the living room and a 30 gal. in the bar. We had 3 at one time and I would really like to get down to one. In the 50 gal. we have 3 Bala Sharks, 1 Gourami, and 2 Placos. In the 30 gal. we have 1 Angel fish, 1 Upside down catfish and 6 guppies. When the Bala Sharks and the Gourami are gone I am going to just have have the 50 gal. tank. My favorite fish are the Tiger Barbs and the Cory catfish.
Need to get some new plants, for some reason some of the plants we had died out.
Tank cleaning is this weekend. Sometimes I dread that chore.

Val

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.

You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."

Author Unknown
PMEmail Poster               View my Facebook Profile.View My Space Profile.
McRoach 
Posted: 03-Dec-2008, 11:06 AM
Quote Post

>>*<<

ZodiacRowan

Realm: Desert Highlands, USA

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #6
2,147,483,647 Gold!

Clan: AWARE

QUOTE (valpal59 @ 03-Dec-2008, 09:21 AM)
Tank cleaning is this weekend. Sometimes I dread that chore.

I agree there, I try to overload my tank with plants and bottom feeders just so I can get away with cleaning it less. I usually try and keep it stocked with 10-15 ghost shrimp to help but they end up a tasty snack for the others after a month or so.

I put in some drift wood about 2 months ago to help "soften" the water and it seems to also help keep the tank cleaner longer, I am not sure that it really possible though. unsure.gif
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics 2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt