Patch 
Posted: 14-Nov-2008, 06:19 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacIvy

Realm: America, Mid West

male

I am keeping my grandson's Adult Ball Pythons since one of the boys was bitten. I found accidentally that they were a mated pair and have dealt with very large eggs twice.

Tonight was feeding time and since our local pet store closed I have had trouble locating rats. I ordered two from a store in a neighboring city and thought I knew what "large" was. It turned out one was as large as a small cat and for a while I thought I was going to have to dissect it while it was partially swallowed. Snakes are remarkable in what they can swallow.

Does anyone else raise snakes or have them as pets?

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
jesstuss 
Posted: 15-Nov-2008, 12:21 AM
Quote Post

Honored Clan Member

ZodiacBirch

Realm: New England

female

Wow. That's both graphic and interesting. Because I have many pets, and spend a lot of time in those stores, I can tell you I have discussed frozen mice and pythons with store folks. From what I understand, snakes don't know the difference, and you can order them online. *shudders* Good luck!

--------------------
We begin where our ancestors end...but wherefore go our children?
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               
Keltic 
Posted: 24-Nov-2008, 11:20 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Ottawa, Ontario  Canada

male

We started our unconventional menagerie many years ago when my brother bought our daughter a hedgehog for her birthday. She loved it so much she bought another one after the first one had a good long life. Next came my son... We bought him a leopard gecko for his 9th birthday. Two years later he bought a male and started breeding them. He has had a bit of success and he's looking at putting the proceeds towards more lizards. This brings us to our third child who really wanted a lizard but we figured that he would have an easier time with an animal that hung on to him. We bought him a corn snake when he was seven. He loves feeding it and it is fascinating watching what it can get down. Ball pythons are much thicker than corn snakes and will take much larger food. My sons snake is now about 3 1/2 feet long and extremely docile. We fortunately have someone near us where we have a great supply of mice and crickets. We buy them in bulk to bring the price down. There are a number of on-line sites that are well worth checking out if you are willing to house the feed next to the ice cream. Just don't tell the guests.

We added two tarantulas to the mix at the beginning of the summer and I'm finding them extremely fascinating but my daughter still hasn't forgiven me.

--------------------
PMEmail PosterUsers Website               
jayhenson 
Posted: 25-Nov-2008, 08:23 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHawthorn

Realm: Royse City, Texas USA

male

And I thought I had problems just trying to take care of one dog........

By the way, Bearded Dragons are great pets for the younger ones....they tame fairly easy and are fairly easy to care for. My friends had one and it would ride on top of their sons head...it was cute to see.

Peace

Jay
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
Patch 
Posted: 25-Nov-2008, 04:56 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

Reptiles make fairly good pets. I "ordered out" for the pythons and have to pick up dinner.

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 25-Nov-2008, 10:31 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

My two pythons like live meals. I am running a bit behind but am afraid to keep live rats on hand. I did that one time and ended up with 13 of them. One got loose in the house and I had to trap it, I got bitten twice and decided NO MORE!

I have to get two more Thursday.

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
©2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics ©2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt