Posted: 24-Oct-2008, 03:34 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacIvy

Realm: America, Mid West

male

QUOTE (TheCarolinaScotsman @ 24-Oct-2008, 03:11 PM)
On the McCain side, the question of style versus substance has been answered. Following is an excerpt from the news.

An acclaimed celebrity makeup artist for Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin collected more money from John McCain's campaign than his foreign policy adviser.

Amy Strozzi, who works on the reality show "So You Think You Can Dance" and has been Palin's traveling stylist, was paid $22,800, according to campaign finance reports for the first two weeks in October. In contrast, McCain's foreign policy adviser, Randy Scheunemann, was paid $12,500, the report showed.

It's always a good idea to have a firm grasp on your priorities.

That definitely shows misguided priorities.

Slàinte,      

Patch     
PMEmail Poster               
Harlot 
Posted: 24-Oct-2008, 04:11 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Southern Michiagn USA

female

QUOTE (TheCarolinaScotsman @ 24-Oct-2008, 03:11 PM)
Amy Strozzi, who works on the reality show "So You Think You Can Dance" and has been Palin's traveling stylist, was paid $22,800, according to campaign finance reports for the first two weeks in October. In contrast, McCain's foreign policy adviser, Randy Scheunemann, was paid $12,500, the report showed.[/i]

It's always a good idea to have a firm grasp on your priorities.

Why should it cost that much for her to have a (what) stylist when everyone thinks she's sooooo pretty. Really now she could go to a drug store or Walmart and buy that make-up for a lifetime of what she pays someone to do her make-up and hair. Heck I do it cheaper then that. Thats just wrong in my book!

--------------------
user posted image
Hopes are towers in the skies Dreams are wings taking flight

The Boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best Shadowy and vague. Who shall say where one ends and the other begins

Photobucket

SLAINTE
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
Patch 
Posted: 24-Oct-2008, 07:59 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

male

It isn't unusual. I expect mcCain is getting "make overs" too. Clinton was getting hair cuts at $1000 or more. They seem to think that their social level in our society comes with certain entitlements.

Slàinte,      

Patch     
PMEmail Poster               
MacFive 
Posted: 24-Oct-2008, 09:54 PM
Quote Post

Knight of the Round Table
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacAsh

male

Tonight I was reading an article from a site that provides news from an Africa country when a political advertisment began.

It asked who was better for Africa - Obama or McCain - and it linked directly to Obama's campaign page.

So, can someone explain to me what Africa has to do with American politics or am I completely missing something here?
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
John Clements 
Posted: 24-Oct-2008, 10:51 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

male

QUOTE (MacFive @ 24-Oct-2008, 09:54 PM)
Tonight I was reading an article from a site that provides news from an Africa country when a political advertisment began.

It asked who was better for Africa - Obama or McCain - and it linked directly to Obama's campaign page.

So, can someone explain to me what Africa has to do with American politics or am I completely missing something here?

Hi Paul:
I think that Africa has a lot to do with it, just like the rest of the world does. Anyway while watching Keith Olbermann on Countdown tonight, he showed a world wide poll, which favored Obama, “everywhere”, except for Sudan and of all places, Cuba, who favored McCain. Could it be that we have come full circle, from when the allied forces stood up to Germany, Italy, and Japan? Except now it’s the other way around?
After all we did attack, and are still occupying Iraq, which had nothing to do with 911.

--------------------
We’re all poets, only some of us write it down. JC 9/27/08

Anyone who has the courage to disagree, deserves all do respect. JC 4/28/08

Life is a loosing battle, so you might as well live it up.
J.C. 3/29/08

Life should be like skiing, you have the most fun on the way down. J.C. 8/17/07

Take their word for it, and that’s just what you’ll get.
J.C. 3/19/07

Only the truth is worth the ultimate sacrifice.
J.C. 1/26/06

Compared to the far right, the far left is somewhere in the middle. J.C. 2/22/06

I’ll be the first to apologies, as long as I get one back.
J.C. 3/7/06

It’s a happy man, who can laugh at himself.

If you’re looking for a new experience, don’t hire someone with a lot of it. J.C. sometime in 1990
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 25-Oct-2008, 01:03 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

male

I can not explain the connection.

These are strange times we now live in. For those of us who live long enough the tangled webs in the hidden workings of govt. will be revealed. I suspect if we pay attention we will see many more strange things happen!

Slàinte,     

Patch     
PMEmail Poster               
flora 
Posted: 25-Oct-2008, 06:06 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

Realm: Tangerine, Florida

female

I wonder if whomever wins will be more careful of the way the tide of the American people are feeling. I voted yesterday and I was very impressed by the attitude of the people.

I don't think if push comes to shuv, the people will take much more.

Flora

--------------------
"Nature always wears the colors of the spirit." -
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
K. Gibran

In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks.
John Muir

"Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves."
John Muir
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 25-Oct-2008, 06:45 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

male

With the establishment of the "North American Command" (Homeland Security) I suspect the Govt is planning for the need to use troops on us. They just made a division trained in urban fighting in Iraq for two years part of the command and the initial news release was they were to be used for "civil uprisings" among other things! That is us! After media attention and public comment they revised the statement and removed civil uprisings. The last statement is pure BS!! So much for the Constitution and "Posse Comitatus" (the prohibition on using troops as police on US soil)

I believe the people will now have to take whatever or suffer the consequences.

I hope I am wrong.

Slàinte,      

Patch     
PMEmail Poster               
Harlot 
Posted: 25-Oct-2008, 08:29 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Southern Michiagn USA

female

QUOTE (MacFive @ 24-Oct-2008, 10:54 PM)

This election is the biggest watched one ever. It's like everyone looks to the US for how they should be living or they are just tried of how the US has effective their lives. The War,Job Lost and Wall Street ,I watch it because I want to know who has the better plan for us, or who could screw it up worst then what it is now. Could be that's why they watch.
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
Patch 
Posted: 26-Oct-2008, 10:55 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

male

QUOTE (Harlot @ 25-Oct-2008, 09:29 AM)
QUOTE (MacFive @ 24-Oct-2008, 10:54 PM)

This election is the biggest watched one ever. It's like everyone looks to the US for how they should be living or they are just tried of how the US has effective their lives. The War,Job Lost and Wall Street ,I watch it because I want to know who has the better plan for us, or who could screw it up worst then what it is now. Could be that's why they watch.

Since what we do and what happens to us affects the whole world you are probably right. I am, certain that some countries hope we survive this and there are those who wish the opposite for us.

Slàinte,      

Patch     
PMEmail Poster               
Camac
Posted: 26-Oct-2008, 11:37 AM
Quote Post

Main: Registration
Questions: Help
Important: Rules

Zodiac

Patch;

I know we sure hope you pull out of this. If you guys go down the tube we will probaly follow with the next flush.

Camac.

Patch 
Posted: 26-Oct-2008, 12:47 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

male

QUOTE (Camac @ 26-Oct-2008, 12:37 PM)
Patch;

I know we sure hope you pull out of this. If you guys go down the tube we will probaly follow with the next flush.

Camac.

I sure hope we do too. For our well being and the well being of everyone else!

I had commented early on that we would probably pull the world down with us. Since this is completely "uncharted territory" it is hard to say what will happen. The true extent of the crisis has been kept under wraps but the govt here has taken steps that would indicate that the situation is much worse than we are being told.

The lady who co-authored the book which has been considered the definitive history of the "crash of 29" said they (the govt.) have this situation all wrong. She is in her 90's and very spry and alert.

In 29, most banks were basically sound and the bank crisis was caused by fear and panic after the market crashed. The "margin ridden" stock market was the culprit. Now the banking system is not sound and the lack of cash flow has affected jobs and the stock market which again was operating on a margin of unbelievable proportions. The extent of the "leveraged buying is largely unknown and that is still driving the wild swings in the markets. When the Dow, Futures, govt securities and precious metals are all down at the same time it indicates that the money withdrawn from the market went to repay stock loans and not to "safe havens."

Lower prices would help everyone out of this but for some reason the govt wants to maintain current prices.

I need to get some of my old text books out again.

Slàinte,      

Patch     
PMEmail Poster               
TheCarolinaScotsman 
Posted: 26-Oct-2008, 04:10 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: North Carolina

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #2
2,147,483,647 Gold!

QUOTE (Patch @ 26-Oct-2008, 01:47 PM)

I need to get some of my old text books out again.

Slàinte,      

Patch     

I need to get my camping gear and survival supplies out again.

--------------------
TheCarolinaScotsman

Ya'll drive safe and come back soon.
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Antwn 
Posted: 26-Oct-2008, 04:35 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: UDA ond o linach Cymry

male

QUOTE (Camac @ 26-Oct-2008, 11:37 AM)

Having America in the world is like being stuck in an elevator with an 800 pound gorilla. You're going to watch its every move because no matter what it does it will affect you in a big way. This is why everyone's concerned about our election, financial situation and internal affairs.

--------------------
Yr hen Gymraeg i mi,
Hon ydyw iaith teimladau,
Ac adlais i guriadau
Fy nghalon ydyw hi
--- Mynyddog
PMEmail Poster               
Antwn 
Posted: 26-Oct-2008, 05:29 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: UDA ond o linach Cymry

male

No matter who's elected they'll inherit a huge host of problems and not insignificant ones. They both talk big as though they're great visionaries with high hopes for great accomplishments, but I wonder to what extent either are up to the challenge. Neither has a mighty sceptre that they can swing and say "off with his head" yet both would have us believe they can make magic at will. I think Obama is singing the moderate mainstream song but if elected will turn out to be far more liberal than he presents himself to be now, and McCain has produced the Palin product which tells me his capacity to make reasoned strategic judgements is lacking, despite his vast experience blah blah blah. Our two party system always seems to present a lesser of evils choice for me, but maybe my expectations are too high. The new anointed one will have his work cut out for him. Lets hope he's at least smart enough to hire a smart cabinet, and doesn't waste energy on frivolous new cabinet posts like Technology Czar or Global Warming Guru. Actually those would be scary new posts, because it would mean FEMA style fingers would be stuck in more and more pies, government control exerted in more areas which usually means freedom and efficiency are compromised. "Its a hard raaaain's gonna fall" - yes Mr. Dylan, prophetic you were.

PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
©2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics ©2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt