Swanny 
Posted: 17-Sep-2008, 09:11 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

Realm: Two Rivers, Alaska

male

No one can post a puppy picture without other lurkers saying "Awwwwww, ain't that cute." Please post pictures of your own celtic canine puppy. I'll start by sending you to my blog to see the members of the Stardancer Historical Freight Dogs litter - at http://oldschoolak.blogspot.com/2008/09/wo...y-pictures.html

Swanny

--------------------
user posted image "You can't run with the big dogs if you still pee like a puppy".

Stardancer Historical Freight Dogs, Two Rivers, Alaska.

"Aut pax, aut bellum" (Clan Gunn)
PMEmail Poster               
flora 
Posted: 18-Sep-2008, 08:01 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

Realm: Tangerine, Florida

female

Good morning,

You have a beautiful group of puppies. It looked like Polaris's tale was docked. It didn't look like the others were, so I wondered why his was. Just curious. I think Midnight Sun was the one that spoked to me the most.

Flora

--------------------
"Nature always wears the colors of the spirit." -
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
K. Gibran

In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks.
John Muir

"Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves."
John Muir
PMEmail Poster               
valpal59 
Posted: 18-Sep-2008, 09:18 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Texas Panhandle

female

Thank-you for the pictures Swanny. I just want to cuddle and play with all of them.

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.

You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."

Author Unknown
PMEmail Poster               View my Facebook Profile.View My Space Profile.
Leelee 
Posted: 18-Sep-2008, 10:22 AM
Quote Post

Lady Leleanda - Mystic Dreamer
Group Icon

Group: Fellowship of the Ring
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Alberta, Canada

female

Wonderful pictures, Swanny smile.gif The pups are so precious, makes me want to take them all home. I also like the names you gave them. Thanks for sharing smile.gif thumbs_up.gif

--------------------
Slàinte!

Truth in our hearts. Strength in our hands. Consistency in our tongues.

Beauty is not just all around us, but within us....

"Mo nighean donn," he whispered, "Mo chridhe. My brown lass, my heart. Come to me. Cover me. Shelter me, a bhean, heal me. Burn with me, as I burn for you."(Fiery Cross Quote)
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMy Photo Album               
Gillian 
Posted: 18-Sep-2008, 01:38 PM
Quote Post

Knight of the Round Table

ZodiacRowan

Realm: Pennsylvania

female

Such sweet looking pups! But more than anything, I love the names you selected for them. So unique and meaningful. So you breed the dogs to sell or do you keep them yourself?

--------------------
“The follies which a man regrets most in his life, are those which he didn't commit when he had the opportunity.”
- Helen Rowland
PMEmail Poster               
Swanny 
Posted: 18-Sep-2008, 03:14 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

male

QUOTE (flora @ 18-Sep-2008, 04:01 AM)
Good morning,

It looked like Polaris's tale was docked.  It didn't look like the others were, so I wondered why his was. 

It's just the angle he was standing to the camera when I tripped the shutter. His tail is just as long as everyone else's.

So you breed the dogs to sell or do you keep them yourself?

Although puppies of this caliber are quite valuable, I have personal issues with the concept of selling puppies. It's probably because I have so much heartburn with commercial breeding operations (aka "puppy mills") that contribute so heavily to the euthanization lists in dog pounds and animal shelters throughout the U.S.

It's quite possible this may be the only breeding I'll ever do. I own the sire, and a mushing friend in Dillingham owns the b*tch. Both are truly exceptional lead dogs with traits we each felt would improve the type (freighting sled dogs) and the breed (Alaskan huskies) and give us puppies we wanted for our own teams. My friend sent Lucky (the Mom) to me through the summer to breed and whelp. I have much better access to veterinary resources than does he.

Thus far the puppies seem to exhibit the traits we were breeding for. They are long in body and leg ("rangy" is the term mushers use), very bold and curious and there isn't a "shy" puppy in the litter. Although impossible to say for sure, all the signs are that the three smallest ones will top out in the neighborhood of 60 to 70 lb, and the three larger ones around 70 to 80 lb., the "perfect" size for the type of dog mushing we do.

Half of the puppies will be going home with my buddy on Saturday, and the other half staying with me for my team.

I'll be keeping Cassiopeia, Capella and Orion (the most bold and adventuress of the litter). Star, Son and Polaris will all go to my friend's team. It just happened that we had half & half sexes in the litter and I need more females to balance out the estrogen/testosterone levels in my kennel, and my buddy prefers males. My choices are relatively smaller than their siblinges, but my friend needs larger, bulkier dogs as he lives a subsistence lifestyle and needs his team for hauling firewood (LOTS of firewood), hunting, running his trap-line and all the other day-to-day transportation tasks that are a part of living and raising a family in the bush.

Having my big dog-buddy Torus come into my yard at the same time my big "bush rat musher" buddy was looking for a male from somewhere outside his kennel to prevent having to line-breed his dogs was really a matter of the "stars lining up" in the Universe. Such opportunities are pretty rare and I consider the opportunity a gift from the spirits.

Swanny
PMEmail Poster               
delainesunshine1978 
Posted: 23-Jan-2009, 10:38 AM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Clan

ZodiacReed

Realm: Lake Stevens Wa

female

I do not like the idea of selling puppys and kittens because of how many are in the shelter. Yet I am glad some people do it for the love of the breed!

We have a puppy named Sai, half lab ha;f samoyed! I am not yet able to get a picture here so enjoy this link that shows him being all puppy!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPD19Vs6-Gk...re=channel_page

He is bigger now and not at all afarid of the can!!!

--------------------
Follow this link to Dragon site and click the eggs before they can die please :)

http://dragcave.net/account

user posted image
PMEmail Poster               
Swanny 
Posted: 23-Jan-2009, 11:40 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

male

That is just too cute!!!

As they saw - Awwwwww!!
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
©2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics ©2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt