maggiemahone1 
  Posted: 14-Jan-2002, 12:35 AM
Quote Post

High Queen of Ireland

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Southern West Virginia

female

I have been digging up roots on my Dad's family whose surname is Sexton. I have traced back to my 5th great grandfather. He settled in Grayson County Virginia in the Rock Creek area and owned several hundred acres of land. He was a slave owner,(please don't hold that against me). One little bit of information about him that I thought was amusing was he was fined $.89 not once but twice for swearing. Some people are gluttonous for punishment. Sexton is an old Irish name that was once O'Seasnain. It was anglicized in the 15th century. I even found an ancestor (Sexton) that was a server to King Henry Vlll, not that I'm proud of it. You know the old saying, you can pick your friends, but not your relatives. Is there any Sexton's out there? maggiemahone1
PMEmail PosterUsers Website                View My Space Profile.
CelticRadio 
Posted: 23-Jan-2002, 11:56 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Boston, MA

male

Isn’t it amazing what you find when you start digging into family history. I wish they re-impose that fee for swearing, especially when you are at the mall and with little ones are around!

--------------------
Wallace MacArthur
http://www.CelticRadio.net
Celtic Radio Music Network

Imagination is more Important than Knowledge
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
maggiemahone1 
  Posted: 29-Mar-2002, 05:14 PM
Quote Post

High Queen of Ireland

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Southern West Virginia

female

Does anyone have as many famous ancestors as I do? I have noticed names such as George Washington, Andrew Jackson and even William Wallace with the surname at the end of these names. My gggrandfather was Davy Crockett and a gguncle who was Ulysses Grant. I even had a female ancestor who was named America.

maggiemahone1
PMEmail PosterUsers Website                View My Space Profile.
CelticRadio 
Posted: 31-Mar-2002, 10:40 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Boston, MA

male

While I am not directly related to him, General MacArthur (from WWII) is somehow related, but you would have to go back around 8 generations for the link.

After WWII he gave a speech in Waltham, MA and both my parents and grandparents were invited and refered to in a newspaper articles as the General's Kin.

I've also been told that James MacArthur (book em dano) is also related in some manner.

Now here is the story that really gets me and it is on my mothers side whose grandfather invented the Mica splitting machine and patented it around the turn of the century. What is difficult to say is that he sold the whole operation and patented for a measly $5,000 (which at the time was probably alot), however had he held onto this patent and operation I would be in the heir to millions, if not billions, of dollars from revenue generated by the computer industry 40 years later!

(cry)

Of course, I probably wouldn't be running Highlander Radio and I have to say that this is alot of fun. Besides I want to create my own fortunes! ;)
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
kylassie 
Posted: 31-Mar-2002, 03:13 PM
Quote Post

1st Queen of Scotland

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Kentucky

My only "famous" ancestor is General Winfield Scott of the Mexican and Civil War era. We had relatives on both sides of the war ~ some call it the War of the Great Rebellion, others call it the War Between the States - we always called it the "Big Commotion" :D

--------------------
Slainte,

Janet

aka Kentucky Lassie

aka Janet, Queen of Scots :p
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics 2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt