jesstuss 
Posted: 29-Aug-2008, 01:23 AM
Quote Post

Honored Clan Member

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacHolly

Realm: New England

female

Hey all, just found this today. Before i invest any of my time in this at all, given even what you said about minimal time, I have one question:

Because I'm still new to what I am reading, perhaps someone can simplify this for me: Is attacking/war an inherent part of this game? In other words, is defense/rivalry as integral to this game as clans?

--------------------
We begin where our ancestors end...but wherefore go our children?
PMEmail PosterRead My Blog View My Photographs               
ranger 
Posted: 29-Aug-2008, 05:10 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

Realm: Western Kentucky

male

Welcome, Jesstuss. I believe you can concentrate more on being peacefull and building a kingdom, but you will want to at a minimum build your home defense army once you get buildings and research established. There is a great rule that they have in place that doesn't let an army that is already big and established attack a fledgling army. Hope this helps.

--------------------
"...so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

'The Lord of the Rings' - Book one
PMEmail Poster               
jesstuss 
Posted: 29-Aug-2008, 09:43 PM
Quote Post

Honored Clan Member

ZodiacHolly

female

Oh OK. Hmm not sure where that leave me in interest- I love that you can collaborate, but I'm not sure I want the virtual stress of being attacked, even in fun LOL.

And would you believe that my father's favorite game to play with us growing up was Stratego ? We played it quite often too.

Thanks for the reply ranger, I think I'll stay small and wimpy. I actually had a hard time choosing my castle, for they all seemed too glorious. I tried to choose what looked like the smallest. LOL

king.gif
macebreaker 
Posted: 30-Aug-2008, 11:04 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacAlder

male

That could be a personal challenge, see how long and how high a score you can get before someone threatens you or attacks you out right.
PMEmail Poster               
subhuman 
Posted: 30-Aug-2008, 11:53 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacWillow

Realm: 127.0.0.1

male

That could be a personal challenge, see how long and how high a score you can get before someone threatens you or attacks you out right.

It's to prevent people from hoarding gold. If you want a lot of gold, you need to spend a lot of gold to defend it from attackers.
Gold has real-world value here, so:
1) if someone doesn't defend themselves, of course we'll attack adn take their gold
2) it's in Mac's best interest to find ways to make us spend our gold in-game instead of in auctions- so he'll find way to encourage us to spend it in-game, like on armies. smile.gif

--------------------
I have two modes: wiseass and dumbass. Mode is determined by current blood alcohol level.

Drinking is a sport. In order to be competitive, you must practice on a regular basis. Although you can practice alone, it is much more fun to practice with friends. If you're out of shape and practice too hard, you will regret it the next day.

Life is a disease. It is sexually transmitted and always terminal.
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRadio 
Posted: 30-Aug-2008, 09:58 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Toronto, CAN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
199,291 Gold!

QUOTE (subhuman @ 30-Aug-2008, 01:53 PM)
2) it's in Mac's best interest to find ways to make us spend our gold in-game instead of in auctions- so he'll find way to encourage us to spend it in-game, like on armies. smile.gif

I've got a great first auction book on Medieval Knights. Hopefully the auction sytem will be built soon. king.gif

Actually, since you will be bidding against other members for the item, it depends how much gold you have. The auction system is going to be like a simplye ebay with email notice when someone outbids you.

The next step will be an actual store stocked with items that can be purchased. Yes, then the price of the items have to be high enough so that we don't go bankrupted! biggrin.gif

--------------------
Celtic Radio DJ
http://www.CelticRadio.net
Celtic Radio Music Network
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteRead My Blog View My Photographs               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
TamiMcLeod 
Posted: 01-Sep-2008, 09:18 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacAlder

Realm: Ely MN. and Skye Scotland

female

Can we donate items to be put on auction too?
If we send them to you?
PMEmail Poster               
jesstuss 
Posted: 03-Sep-2008, 08:16 PM
Quote Post

Honored Clan Member

ZodiacHolly

female

Holy crow. I promised myself I would give this game a week. I'm not even sure I made it that long. I agree with one really good poster who said, "I want to be reimbursed for my waste of time reading these forums." biggrin.gif

Mac, I appreciate all the effort you put into making this game. Really and truly. And as my human is a damn fine cheerleader but only a warrior when her red hair gets the best of her, I'm out. It's a beautiful game for competitive folks, but it's not my cup of tea. Got too much drama in my real life already, not looking to voluntarily take on more. I sent you a message in the Medieval Kingdom forums, which I now understand maybe you did not receive, so I'm posting here. Please feel free to distribute my "wealth" as you wish. I've got my kingdom on holiday- when you remove items (for a lottery, etc) please delete me.

Yeah, um... win big to those who love the thrill of the chase, even those who really really need to step back and remember they have real lives. I remember Mac posting that this should not take up too much time. Whoa, I think some of you may enjoy war, even virtual, a little too much, and that scares me.

I'm going to go back to the forums where people have things in common... like our shared Celtic interests and heritage. Best of luck to the rest of you.

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Fast ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]