Bookmark and Share
stoirmeil 
Posted: 22-Aug-2008, 02:00 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

Realm: New York

Wow! They're huge already! If this is their first go on solid food, their mother has done a mighty fine job of nursing them. I can see their markings are beginning to shape up too -- they really are beautiful little things.
PMEmail Poster               
Swanny 
Posted: 27-Aug-2008, 12:29 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Two Rivers, Alaska

male

Here's the latest puppy-pic.

user posted image

The puppies are now starting to explore the world outside their pen. We've been going "walkabout" in the play yard from time to time. They are also becoming little land sharks, using their teeth for more than just slurping down puppy gruel.

Swanny

--------------------
user posted image "You can't run with the big dogs if you still pee like a puppy".

Stardancer Historical Freight Dogs, Two Rivers, Alaska.

"Aut pax, aut bellum" (Clan Gunn)
PMEmail Poster               
TamiMcLeod 
Posted: 02-Sep-2008, 06:12 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacAlder

Realm: Ely MN. and Skye Scotland

female

Great looking bunch

We do the same Neo for our kennel as well

AKC Siberian huskies
AKC yellow labs

I think it is very important and i am very happy to see that you do it as well.

What a great idea to make a video.

I know when my pups go to a home, i have 5 pages of questions and care sheets, and i was thinking about adding this info that we have been doing to that as well.

Great job

PMEmail Poster               
valpal59 
Posted: 02-Sep-2008, 08:53 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Texas Panhandle

female

Thanks for the new picture. They are growing so fast. thumbs_up.gif

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.

You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."

Author Unknown
PMEmail Poster               View my Facebook Profile.View My Space Profile.
Swanny 
Posted: 03-Sep-2008, 09:30 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

male

QUOTE (TamiMcLeod @ 02-Sep-2008, 02:12 PM)

I know when my pups go to a home, i have 5 pages of questions and care sheets, and i was thinking about adding this info that we have been doing to that as well.

Tammi, I'd love to see the information and compare notes. Perhaps you could start a new thread on raising puppies? I would certainly enjoy such a thread.

As to the latest developments, several of the puppies now have fully erect ears. Cassiopeia, the sable girl hiding in the "hungry pup" photo, has one erect and one that is tulip, but will probably stand up later on.

While scooping the other day most of the litter were having a great time following the scoop pan around the yard. In a stroke of brilliance I decided to see if the behavior would transfer to a target stick. Indeed it did, so we are now in the process of training a bunch of 6 week old puppies to target. That will make future behavioral training ever so much easier.

Swanny
PMEmail Poster               
TamiMcLeod 
Posted: 03-Sep-2008, 03:06 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacAlder

Realm: Ely MN. and Skye Scotland

female

That is a great idea... i will do get my things together and i cant wait to see your notes as well.. It is super great to find another that cares about a breeding program. Training Program and that takes pride in their animals.
I have notes as well from Jen, her and her hubby were in the iditirod this year, she was the one with all AKC husky team and her dogs and her got hit by a snowmobile, they are from here in Ely mn.

I am a dist for Eagle Pack foods. I used to make my own slop for my huskies. But right now they are all on Eagle Holistic program.

I got 4 big orders of soaps, and bath gels and lotions to get out to France, Alaska and a few other places, then i will start getting my things together for you...
PMEmail Poster               
Swanny 
Posted: 27-Jan-2009, 10:27 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

male

Gosh, it's hard to believe the litter is now six months old, and ready to start harness training.

Actually, harness training started in November, with the puppies harness and hooked up to me for little canicross runs. This was to teach them to keep the tugline tight and to give them a 'feel' for pulling and running.

They had their first little puppy run in December. My training partner was in charge of that run, and she just gushed about how well they did.

They had their second little run on Sunday. I posted a note about it in my blog, along with a video on YouTube. You can catch the vid through my blog entry at http://oldschoolak.blogspot.com/2009/01/pu...puppy-runs.html or directly on YouTube at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDAE9mM8BLs.

Swanny
PMEmail Poster               
Harlot 
Posted: 27-Jan-2009, 10:53 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Southern Michiagn USA

female

They really seem to enjoy what they are doing.

Great job puppies!!! biggrin.gif

--------------------
user posted image
Hopes are towers in the skies Dreams are wings taking flight

The Boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best Shadowy and vague. Who shall say where one ends and the other begins

Photobucket

SLAINTE
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
valpal59 
Posted: 27-Jan-2009, 10:55 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Texas Panhandle

female

Swanny,
Thank you for sharing the video. I really enjoyed it. They have grown so much. You should be very proud.

Val
PMEmail Poster               View my Facebook Profile.View My Space Profile.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics 2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt