Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Slavery Through History., What is its origins?
Bookmark and Share
Camac
Posted: 24-Jul-2008, 07:31 PM
Quote Post

Main: Registration
Questions: Help
Important: Rules

Zodiac

QUOTE (Lady of Avalon @ 24-Jul-2008, 07:23 PM)
QUOTE (Camac @ 24-Jul-2008, 08:14 PM)
LOA;

It is only since the 20th century that women started getting the freedoms and rights they deserved. A woman before then was chattle. It wasn't  until 1929 I believe that women in Canada obtained the legal status of being a person.

Camac.

And a good thing there was some with backbones enough to bang bangin.gif some sense in the head of those stubborn men that we are all one and the same.

ranting.gif ranting.gif ranting.gif ranting.gif

Aaaah!I feel better.smile.gif LOA

LOA;

There are differences between male and female and as the French say VIVE LA DIFFERENCE

Camac.

PS. I tease.

LadyOfAvalon 
Posted: 24-Jul-2008, 07:34 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacVine

female

tongue.gif

--------------------
"Few men are brave:many become so through training and discipline."
Flavius Vegetius Renatus

"I think a hero is an ordinary individual who finds strenght to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles."
Christopher Reeve
PMRead My Blog View My Photographs               
John Clements 
Posted: 24-Jul-2008, 10:21 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacElder

male

QUOTE (Camac @ 24-Jul-2008, 10:08 AM)
QUOTE (John Clements @ 24-Jul-2008, 09:06 AM)
QUOTE (Camac @ 23-Jul-2008, 09:54 AM)
JC.
I admire your choice of death before slavery. I on the other hand would choose slavery for the mere fact that by doing so I remain alive to cause harm to the enslavers. Hopefull having a full measure of revenge before they are forced to terminate me.

Camac

What do I have to do quote Patrick Henry? It’s a “given” that I would die fighting against slavery. But then, I’ve bee guilty of telling people things they already know too. So thanks for covering all the bases, just incase.

Later…I have to go “protest” now…

JC

JC.
If you are referring to "Give me Liberty or give me Death" That is a rather selfish statement for if you are dead you can no longer fight for Liberty and those who would oppress have won. There is an old adage "He who fights and runs away, lives to fight another day."

Camac.

Camac;

Yes I’m aware of that adage, and being an American, (first generation of Scots Irish decent…as you know). I’m also good at shooting from the trees, and evasive action. It worked in American Revolution, as you well know. So I’m not about to lay down my life against overwhelming odds. I would hope that you think that I’m smarter then that.

JC

PS: If you don’t mind I prefer calling you Dave rather then Camac.

--------------------
We’re all poets, only some of us write it down. JC 9/27/08

Anyone who has the courage to disagree, deserves all do respect. JC 4/28/08

Life is a loosing battle, so you might as well live it up.
J.C. 3/29/08

Life should be like skiing, you have the most fun on the way down. J.C. 8/17/07

Take their word for it, and that’s just what you’ll get.
J.C. 3/19/07

Only the truth is worth the ultimate sacrifice.
J.C. 1/26/06

Compared to the far right, the far left is somewhere in the middle. J.C. 2/22/06

I’ll be the first to apologies, as long as I get one back.
J.C. 3/7/06

It’s a happy man, who can laugh at himself.

If you’re looking for a new experience, don’t hire someone with a lot of it. J.C. sometime in 1990
PMEmail Poster               
Camac
Posted: 24-Jul-2008, 11:12 PM
Quote Post

Zodiac

JC.

I know your smart, but don't get cocky laugh.gif Also I don't mind if you call me Dave.
I prefer David but Dave is fine. Just don't call me Davey or I'll declare War on the US. then you can test your tree theory. rolleyes.gif thumbs_up.gif

Camac (David,Dave)

John Clements 
Posted: 25-Jul-2008, 10:31 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

male

QUOTE (Camac @ 24-Jul-2008, 11:12 PM)
JC.

I know your smart, but don't get cocky laugh.gif Also I don't mind if you call me Dave.
I prefer David but Dave is fine. Just don't call me Davey or I'll declare War on the US. then you can test your tree theory. rolleyes.gif  thumbs_up.gif

Camac (David,Dave)

Hi…

Like Role-Aids…that’s a relief.

Don’t get cocky? Ok.

Declare war on the US? That might makes two of us.

David works for me.

Meanwhile, check out what an Apollo astronaut has to say about UFO’s. I just posted it over on…God and ET; (Philosophy Since and so on).

Later,
JC
PMEmail Poster               
Camac
Posted: 25-Jul-2008, 11:14 AM
Quote Post

Zodiac

JC.

You disappoint me my Friend I had a Declaration for the Commencement of Hostilities all written out.

" To All and Sundry(not Sundae) Hear Ye and Attend. Due to the Presumtive and or Imaginary Besmirchment of My Most Sovereign Personnage be Advised that Commencing (not Connecticut) at 25:00 Hours on the Eleventeenth of Julember (pick a year) a State of Beligerency Shall Exist between the U.S. and my Most Sovereign Personnage. In order to keep conflict at a minimum (due to the price of Gas.) and to avoid unwanted annimosity Negotiations can be Requested. Surrender of course is preferred and the most generous of terms will be offered.
(Note: At 300 million (give or take a couple of million) to one the odds are pretty good I'll win. Confident ain't I)

Most Sov. Pers.

Camac.

John Clements 
Posted: 25-Jul-2008, 02:17 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

male

QUOTE (Camac @ 25-Jul-2008, 11:14 AM)
JC.

You disappoint me my Friend I had a Declaration for the Commencement of Hostilities all written out.

" To All and Sundry(not Sundae) Hear Ye and Attend. Due to the Presumtive and or Imaginary Besmirchment of My Most Sovereign Personnage be Advised that Commencing (not Connecticut) at 25:00 Hours on the Eleventeenth of Julember (pick a year) a State of Beligerency Shall Exist between the U.S. and my Most Sovereign Personnage. In order to keep conflict at a minimum (due to the price of Gas.) and to avoid unwanted annimosity Negotiations can be Requested. Surrender of course is preferred and the most generous of terms will be offered.
(Note: At 300 million (give or take a couple of million) to one the odds are pretty good I'll win. Confident ain't I)

Most Sov. Pers.

Camac.

David, soon to be Dave;
Don’t make me laugh…with…that mouthful. You know if it wasn't a wee bit cocky. It would have amendment possibilities.

New Rule: Arrest Rove now, (and I’ll bet he squeals).

JC

PS: (One way or the other.)
PMEmail Poster               
Camac
Posted: 25-Jul-2008, 05:02 PM
Quote Post

Zodiac

QUOTE (John Clements @ 25-Jul-2008, 02:17 PM)
JC.

Most Sov. Pers.

Camac.

David, soon to be Dave;
Don’t make me laugh…with…that mouthful. You know if it wasn't a wee bit cocky. It would have amendment possibilities.

JC

JC;

Cocky no, arrogant, possibly. insane, yes. What individual in his right mind would take on 300 million others.

David dribble.gif idiot.gif stupid.gif

John Clements 
Posted: 25-Jul-2008, 09:13 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

male

QUOTE (Camac @ 25-Jul-2008, 05:02 PM)
QUOTE (John Clements @ 25-Jul-2008, 02:17 PM)
JC.

Most Sov. Pers.

Camac.

David, soon to be Dave;

JC

JC;

Cocky no, arrogant, possibly. insane, yes. What individual in his right mind would take on 300 million others.

David dribble.gif idiot.gif stupid.gif

Makes sence to me david.
So we have goten off subject.
Slavery stinks any time.

Late, JC
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 26-Jul-2008, 12:34 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: America, Mid West

male

QUOTE (Lady of Avalon @ 24-Jul-2008, 12:35 PM)
On the subject of slavery one question comes to mind.
What was the role of slave women? I did find something interesting about the role of slave women. Here is a bit of excerpt from a book abut the story of Harriet Jacobs who was a slave woman.

Harriet Jacobs:Incidents in the Life of a Slave Girl
Slavery was a horrible institution that dehumanized a race of people. Female slave bondage was different from that of men. It wasn't less severe, but it was different. The sexual abuse, child bearing, and child care responsibilities affected the females's pattern of resistance and how they conducted their lives. Harriet Jacobs' Incidents in the Life of a Slave Girl, demonstrates the different role that women slaves had and the struggles that were caused from having to cope with sexual abuse.

And this is another interesting writing about the master and her slave.

Recent DNA test results that have concluded that the Nation's third president, Thomas Jefferson fathered at least one child, Eston Hemings, with his slave, Sally Hemings. The study has shed new light on the aged debate, forcing society and historians to recognize what had previously been ignored. Although America is obsessed with race, our society does not recognize the central role slavery has played in the nation's development. The continued and persistent effort to separate and distinguish the two races does not correspond to the reality of a complicated mixture of cultures in our history.

If the results of the DNA test are the markers of a new period of recognition for many in our society, does this mean the downfall of the status of those leaders such as Thomas Jefferson? We were already aware of Jefferson's hypocrisies involving his idealistic writing of the Declaration of Independence, and his ownership of slaves. Does his relationship with Hemings further taint his accomplishments? If Thomas Jefferson was the "Founding Father" of our country, does that make Sally Hemings the "Mother"? Perhaps he can be viewed now as more human and less as the epitome of equality and morality, which he quite obviously was not.

The suffering these women must have endured is simply unimaginable but what is the difference with what some women even today must endure in comparison of that time. If I think for example the muslim women that simply have no say in anything and gets much abuse from men. At from what we read and see is true these women are simply modern slaves. Or if I think of women forced into prostitution again this is modern slavery.

LOA

I am a bit late here but I couldn't agree more with your statements, especially in regard to women. My oldest daughter experienced a severe domestic violence situation over 4 years. She didn't tell me until we were having a nice dinner "out" one day after he was long gone. I would still like to "sit down" with him to discuss the matter. My neighbor was in a near slave like and violent situation. She got away and several neighbors were to testify for the "People". It was plea bargained and we didn't have to testify. These terrible things do happen and little is done to prevent it. It seems society needs repaired from the ground up.

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
Camac
Posted: 26-Jul-2008, 03:43 PM
Quote Post

Zodiac

Patch;

One of my daughters was physically and sexually assaulted by a boyfriend over a period of time in their relationship. She did not tell me for years. When she finally did she also said "I didn't tell you Dad because I knew you would have killed him and he wasn't worth going to jail for". If it is possible my Love for her grew a thousand fold because in all that trauma she thought not of herself but of me. It took me awhile to realize that for that period she lived in a form slavery because she feared for her life. Thank the Gods she finally got away from him.

Camac.

Patch 
Posted: 26-Jul-2008, 04:32 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: America, Mid West

male

QUOTE (Camac @ 26-Jul-2008, 09:43 AM)
Patch;

One of my daughters was physically and sexually assaulted by a boyfriend over a period of time in their relationship. She did not tell me for years. When she finally did she also said "I didn't tell you Dad because I knew you would have killed him and he wasn't worth going to jail for". If it is possible my Love for her grew a thousand fold because in all that trauma she thought not of herself but of me. It took me awhile to realize that for that period she lived in a form slavery because she feared for her life. Thank the Gods she finally got away from him.

Camac.

My daughter gave me the same reason for keeping her abuse to herself. I am not sure exactly how I would have handled it but for certain he would have had a better "understanding" of what he had done!

I have no doubt that wherever he is, he is still the same abuser that he was with my daughter.

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
LadyOfAvalon 
Posted: 27-Jul-2008, 08:43 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacVine

female

QUOTE (Patch @ 26-Jul-2008, 01:34 PM)
I am a bit late here but I couldn't agree more with your statements, especially in regard to women.  My oldest daughter experienced a severe domestic violence situation over 4 years.  She didn't tell me until we were having a nice dinner "out" one day after he was long gone.  I would still like to "sit down" with him to discuss the matter.  My neighbor was in a near slave like and violent situation.  She got away and several neighbors were to testify for the "People".  It was plea bargained and we didn't have to testify.  These terrible things do happen and little is done to prevent it.  It seems society needs repaired from the ground up.

Slàinte,    

Patch    

Camac.

Gentlemen,

I am profoundly sorry for your daughters and what they went through in their young lives. Domestic violence is male dominance over women and is the epitome of cowardice. And Patch, I do agree completely that society needs repaired from the ground up.

Slavery can be hidden under a lot of means.Sad that even in our society it is still alive and kicking. I've seen on t.v. a documentary about a woman in Russia and I mean a old woman she must have been in her sixties,who were solliciting young women by making them believe they could be models for an agency in some other country, and what she was doing was that she would get passports for them and she would pay their airfare.
But once they were in the other country she would take back all their passports and bring them into a house and then her accomplices were a young couple that would force the girls into prostitution and if they would not cooperate,he would beat them,rape them while the wife would watch and then she would rape them as well. How this documentary got on t.v was the fact that one of the Russian girls was married and her husband searched high and low for her.

He asked the help of one reporter and if I remember investigators and police helped him and they were able to go under cover and with hidden camera could film all that was going on. He finally found his wife but she was a change woman forever.
At the time of her diseappearence she had just gave birth to a little girl a few months before.

This documentary was so appaling the only image I still have of all this is that of the old woman who just looked an old ordinary woman.

LOA
Camac
Posted: 27-Jul-2008, 09:06 PM
Quote Post

Zodiac

LOA

Twenty odd years ago a family in the Yacht Club sailed from here to the West Indies and when they got into the Caribbean they were attacked by Pirates. They were robbed of everything they had but the worst was that the Pirates took the 14 year old daughter. She has never been heard from since. Chances are the girl was sold into slavery in Latin America. The mother never got over it and died 2 or 3 years later.

Camac.

LadyOfAvalon 
Posted: 30-Jul-2008, 05:27 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacVine

female

Yes I remember hearing about that story. And how many more out there like that, we are not even aware of.
These are all horror stories that unfortunately will always be there and I don't want to sound pessimistic or predicting doom because there are plenty of beautiful things around us, but in our society even if we think that we have evolved from barbaric acts we did not, because our society today is pretty much the same as in the roman times of old.
Greed, sex, immorality ,drugs and so on is some of the key words that are wrong in our world.

LOA
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
©2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics ©2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt