Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> OIL - Open Letter To Lawmakers, Let's start Drilling!
Bookmark and Share
CelticRadio 
Posted: 03-Jul-2008, 07:33 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Boston, MA

male

I've written to my senator and congressmen about opening up drilling for Oil in this country immediately. Families are not going to be able to heat their homes this winter if oil keeps rising. Many will lose their homes and jobs because our economy is a Fosil Fuel Economy. Yes, we need to change - but without the juice that drives our economy we are all going to suffer.

At the same time we need to take serious steps to prepare for life without oil in the next 20-30 years. With the drilling must come plans for the future without oil! Here is what I have written to my senator and congressman. I would urge all to do the same. What a shock it would send through the world to know that America will start drilling for oil - I think the price would drop by $1.00 a gallon immediately and they stranglehold that the middleeast is applying to our country would stop:

I implore you as well as other members of congress, the senate and the president to please open up drilling in Alaska, the coasts and the heartland for Oil. Our economy, our livelyhood and our country depends on Oil. Our economy is a a fosil fuel economy and without it many will lose their homes and jobs.

At the same time we must take serious steps to change our fosil fuel economy over the next 20-30 years to prepare for life without oil. I don't know what the answer is, but I know that this winter many families will not be able to keep themselves warm without heating oil paying $5 or $10 a gallon - its just not going to happen.

Our nation is experiencing the most stressful and turbulent economic times in recent memories. Please take action with your fellow lawmakers to do what you were elected to do - to help the people of this country.

Thankyou very much for your service and duty to our country.

--------------------
Wallace MacArthur
http://www.CelticRadio.net
Celtic Radio Music Network

Imagination is more Important than Knowledge
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
Irisman35 
Posted: 03-Jul-2008, 09:46 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacHawthorn

Realm: United States America

male

Weel, I agree with you on this. When I took an Environmental class a few years ago, it was speculated that we had about 50-75 years of fossil fuels left. We can drill for oil, but our focus should really be finding a better way to heat homes, power our cars and produce electricity. There seem to be a lot of people who are for nuclear power. That is fine, but what do we do with the waste. We are running out of places to store the used fuel, and other wastes generated from nuclear plants. I think if we had planned better, what we face today wouldn't be that much of an issue, but man's greed has corrupted him.
One thing that I remember is that we are stewarts and we are to take care of the land and everything in it. We weren't made to destroy it, but yet we have made that choice. I am not talking about one or two people here. We have all at some point done something that has affected life for everyone.
Our goal here is to find ways of producing wasteful energy or at least cut down of producing waste and finding more ways to produce energy that is safer for us as humans, safer for the animal world, and the environment. If we poison our food supply, then we poison ourselves too. Drilling for oil is not a solution, it is a temporary fix to a problem. Just like more nuclear plants, and coal burning plants, they are not a solution, these are only temporary fixes.
Irisman35
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 03-Jul-2008, 09:53 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: America, Mid West

male

My heating cost doubled last year and are projected to do so again! Some people will not be able to pay this and there is no heating assistance money in Ohio now. With a 700 Million dollar plus shortfall, our reps failed to fund the program.

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 03-Jul-2008, 10:36 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

Were this letter campaign to be effected prior to the election, there could be a little relief. All representatives are elected every two years so all will be running. The senators are divided over three elections so 33 will be running this year. If they fear they will loose they will act. If you expect sympathy from them, forget it!

Slàinte,   

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
John Clements 
Posted: 03-Jul-2008, 10:43 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

male

QUOTE (CelticRadio @ 03-Jul-2008, 07:33 AM)
I've written to my senator and congressmen about opening up drilling for Oil in this country immediately. Families are not going to be able to heat their homes this winter if oil keeps rising. Many will lose their homes and jobs because our economy is a Fosil Fuel Economy. Yes, we need to change - but without the juice that drives our economy we are all going to suffer.

At the same time we need to take serious steps to prepare for life without oil in the next 20-30 years. With the drilling must come plans for the future without oil! Here is what I have written to my senator and congressman. I would urge all to do the same. What a shock it would send through the world to know that America will start drilling for oil - I think the price would drop by $1.00 a gallon immediately and they stranglehold that the middleeast is applying to our country would stop:

I implore you as well as other members of congress, the senate and the president to please open up drilling in Alaska, the coasts and the heartland for Oil. Our economy, our livelyhood and our country depends on Oil. Our economy is a a fosil fuel economy and without it many will lose their homes and jobs.

At the same time we must take serious steps to change our fosil fuel economy over the next 20-30 years to prepare for life without oil. I don't know what the answer is, but I know that this winter many families will not be able to keep themselves warm without heating oil paying $5 or $10 a gallon - its just not going to happen.

Our nation is experiencing the most stressful and turbulent economic times in recent memories. Please take action with your fellow lawmakers to do what you were elected to do - to help the people of this country.

Hi Paul;

You can start by thanking Ronald Raglan for making that “back room deal”, (with of all people), the Iranians, to continue to hold the hostages, to ensure that he could knock Jimmy Carter out of office.

Who! By the way, (for those of you who don’t know) had already put into motion, plains to pursue clean alternative energy, and have the US off oil by the year 2020, (at least I believe that was the set date).

Hey, how about this idea, to heat homes this winter. It’s called “search and seizure”. Of course you know I’m talking about the NINE BILLION DOLLARE IN CASH! That went missing in Iraq. I bet that would heat a lot of homes, (as well as feed a lot of people), this winter.

I would suggest starting the search at the Bush and Chaney residence, (but then I could be wrong?) Yea right!

Anyway Paul, I don’t mean to make light of your letter, (these people have to be hit from all sides), so by all means send it. It’s just that I believe that this situation has gone fare be on, imploring.

And besides, even if we found oil today, it could take years before it got to us.

So I’m more inclined to go with the search and seizure idea.

Later,
JC

--------------------
We’re all poets, only some of us write it down. JC 9/27/08

Anyone who has the courage to disagree, deserves all do respect. JC 4/28/08

Life is a loosing battle, so you might as well live it up.
J.C. 3/29/08

Life should be like skiing, you have the most fun on the way down. J.C. 8/17/07

Take their word for it, and that’s just what you’ll get.
J.C. 3/19/07

Only the truth is worth the ultimate sacrifice.
J.C. 1/26/06

Compared to the far right, the far left is somewhere in the middle. J.C. 2/22/06

I’ll be the first to apologies, as long as I get one back.
J.C. 3/7/06

It’s a happy man, who can laugh at himself.

If you’re looking for a new experience, don’t hire someone with a lot of it. J.C. sometime in 1990
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 03-Jul-2008, 11:27 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

QUOTE (John Clements @ 03-Jul-2008, 04:43 AM)
QUOTE (CelticRadio @ 03-Jul-2008, 07:33 AM)

Hi Paul;

You can start by thanking Ronald Raglan for making that “back room deal”, (with of all people), the Iranians, to continue to hold the hostages, to ensure that he could knock Jimmy Carter out of office.

Who! By the way, (for those of you who don’t know) had already put into motion, plains to pursue clean alternative energy, and have the US off oil by the year 2020, (at least I believe that was the set date).

Hey, how about this idea, to heat homes this winter. It’s called “search and seizure”. Of course you know I’m talking about the NINE BILLION DOLLARE IN CASH! That went missing in Iraq. I bet that would heat a lot of homes, (as well as feed a lot of people), this winter.

I would suggest starting the search at the Bush and Chaney residence, (but then I could be wrong?) Yea right!

Anyway Paul, I don’t mean to make light of your letter, (these people have to be hit from all sides), so by all means send it. It’s just that I believe that this situation has gone fare be on, imploring.

And besides, even if we found oil today, it could take years before it got to us.

So I’m more inclined to go with the search and seizure idea.

Later,
JC

We HAVE a 700 year supply (at present usage) in Oil Shale. The recovery cost (admitted by the oil industry) is about $45.00 a barrel. That is $15.00 less than the oil sand the Canadians are processing to sell us! For that, blame BIG OIL as much as the government. If the oil comes on line expect refinery capacity to diminish "for maintainance." Any who believe that either McCain or Obama are the answer are in for a rude awakening! And probably soon too! As Bill at Casa D'Ice put on his sign, "If McCain or Obama are the answer, it must have been a stupid question."

The only help those in need can expect here are food pantry's and soup kitchens. Those quietly received federal funding about 3 months ago. (Makes one wonder why that happened.) Just starting again now is "The Angel Food Ministry. It is funded by churches and the Govt. (yes church and state) with no guidelines to meet. Just try to make me believe that the Govt. does not expect something.

My state is planning to reduce the prision population to save money. A lot of those dealing with all the other problems will be ill equipped to deal with that.

Unfortunately, nothing suggested now will come online soon enough to prevent death and serious injury from exposure or starvation. Everyone has waited too long.

Slàinte,    

Patch    

PMEmail Poster               
stoirmeil 
Posted: 03-Jul-2008, 06:21 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: New York

QUOTE (Patch @ 03-Jul-2008, 11:27 AM)

Unfortunately, nothing suggested now will come online soon enough to prevent death and serious injury from exposure or starvation.

So -- I have a suggestion. Save the petrochemicals that are currently being used in pesticides! That way, we have a little more fuel in reserve, and the bugs we don't poison will be more plentiful and healthier to eat. smile.gif

Not a one-shot solution, to be sure; but it's going to be a composite fix of many small actions to conserve and adapt that will save us in the long run. [munch crunch crunch]
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 03-Jul-2008, 06:59 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

Bugs are protein and so are worms and grubbs! Maybe we have to make dietary changes. The farmers will not change without a fight and that is a strong lobby in Washington!

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
Dogshirt 
Posted: 03-Jul-2008, 07:22 PM
Quote Post

Lord of the Northern Plains
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacElder

Realm: Washington THE State

male

Unfortunately, nothing suggested now will come online soon enough to prevent death and serious injury from exposure or starvation. 

So -- I have a suggestion. Save the petrochemicals that are currently being used in pesticides! That way, we have a little more fuel in reserve, and the bugs we don't poison will be more plentiful and healthier to eat. 

Not a one-shot solution, to be sure; but it's going to be a composite fix of many small actions to conserve and adapt that will save us in the long run. [munch crunch crunch]

If we breed them big enough we can shoot them with our now secure guns! wink.gif

beer_mug.gif

--------------------
Hoka Hey!
The more Liberals I meet, the more I like my dogs!
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Patch 
Posted: 07-Jul-2008, 11:32 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

QUOTE (Dogshirt @ 03-Jul-2008, 01:22 PM)

So -- I have a suggestion. Save the petrochemicals that are currently being used in pesticides! That way, we have a little more fuel in reserve, and the bugs we don't poison will be more plentiful and healthier to eat. 

If we breed them big enough we can shoot them with our now secure guns! wink.gif

beer_mug.gif

I do not like to pick "shot" out of my protein so until the bugs are big enough to hurt me, I will use a net.

Slàinte,    

Patch

PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 23-Jul-2008, 05:02 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

There is some discussion in area newspapers today as to whether the oil market has peaked. Hopefully they have!

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
thecelticgiraffe 
Posted: 31-Jul-2008, 08:14 AM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacWillow

Realm: South-Central Pennsylvania

male

...just my two cents. While drilling for more oil in this country might ease some of the pricing of gas, it is absolutely neccesary at this point to start following paths to a different energy source. This country has repeatedly dragged their feet on this issue simply because oil is big money to a lot of people (including the Bush family). People go where the most money is not what makes the most sense or what helps the most people!

I recently read that now 100% of oil company executives are admitting that oil will peak around 2015-2020, and from then onto eternity the demand will always exceed supply, and oil will be nearly completely gone by 2050. They didn't admit this before becasue they simply didn't want to cause any kind of market fluctuations. But now they have to admit it since it is getting close and the prices are out of control now anyway. So we have to find a new sustainable energy source.

One position might be to tell Iraq that we are pulling out immediatly and letting you go on your own, unless you give us unlimited oil as payment....people may not realize this but oil literally spills out of the ground in those Middle East countries, where there are actual ponds of oil going to waste. The world oil supply existing in the ground does exceed our ability to develop or use it at this point which doesn't help, as we approach 2050.

--------------------
PMEmail PosterUsers Website                
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
©2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics ©2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt