Bookmark and Share
John Clements 
Posted: 18-Apr-2008, 05:19 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacElder

male

Good stuff guys. Now for my thinking, simpleÖ as usual, itís not the military itís the White House and their subordinates (on both sides of the so called aisle) along with us, who are letting them away with it.

--------------------
Weíre all poets, only some of us write it down. JC 9/27/08

Anyone who has the courage to disagree, deserves all do respect. JC 4/28/08

Life is a loosing battle, so you might as well live it up.
J.C. 3/29/08

Life should be like skiing, you have the most fun on the way down. J.C. 8/17/07

Take their word for it, and thatís just what youíll get.
J.C. 3/19/07

Only the truth is worth the ultimate sacrifice.
J.C. 1/26/06

Compared to the far right, the far left is somewhere in the middle. J.C. 2/22/06

Iíll be the first to apologies, as long as I get one back.
J.C. 3/7/06

Itís a happy man, who can laugh at himself.

If youíre looking for a new experience, donít hire someone with a lot of it. J.C. sometime in 1990
PMEmail Poster               
Antwn 
Posted: 19-Apr-2008, 11:48 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: UDA ond o linach Cymry

male

QUOTE (UlsterScotNutt @ 18-Apr-2008, 09:47 AM)
Antwn, thanks for jumping in with very specifics. It is this type of discussion I was trying to illicit. I have placed my points in behind yours with **. The draft may not be the answer to a problem but a problem does exist within our nation in relation to our military. The military recognises a problem. The most ominous statement in the op-ed piece is the one by Adm. Stanley Arthur. I also think there is alot , that is part of this article that has not been addressed.

I don't want to go into a point by point endless series of rebuttal to rebuttal. We both made our points. I agree with Stoirmeil. Intangible ideologies are separate concerns and to my mind secondary ones. Soldiers have had to purchase their own body armor, their humvees and personel carriers have not been fully equipped. Amid all this mess, their pride may be all they have left.

Regarding Admiral Arthur's statement, I don't see it as being as problematic as you do and certainly not ominous. I do understand however how concerns are exaggerated to crises in this day and age where disaster visionaries abound and Chicken Littles are in every closet. Personally I thought the retired Air Force Lieutenant Colonel's comment was far more provocative. The attempt to hogtie military minds with politically correct ideologies is far more damaging.

Frankly I'm less concerned about the level of pride in foot soldiers than I am about the concern that they fulfill somebody's arbitrary humility quotas. They certainly have enough to worry about in just doing their jobs!

As an aside UlsterScottNutt - I think you meant to use the word elicit to describe this discussion - illicit better describes the sex lives of Congressmen, evangelists and New York governors not to mention the accounting jugglers of Enron.

--------------------
Yr hen Gymraeg i mi,
Hon ydyw iaith teimladau,
Ac adlais i guriadau
Fy nghalon ydyw hi
--- Mynyddog
PMEmail Poster               
UlsterScotNutt 
Posted: 21-Apr-2008, 03:59 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: New England, USA

male

As an aside UlsterScottNutt - I think you meant to use the word elicit to describe this discussion - illicit better describes

I meant to correct that before I sent it.

Bottom line, we lack leadership across the board and we are in disarray.

--------------------
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. Plato(427-347 BC) Philosopher and Educator

Three things in human life are important: The first is to be kind. The second is to be kind. And the third is to be kind. Henry James (1843-1916) Writer

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire
kind people. -Abraham Joshua Heschel (1907-1972) Theology Professor
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Camac
Posted: 21-Apr-2008, 05:35 PM
Quote Post

Main: Registration
Questions: Help
Important: Rules

Zodiac

Whom the Gods would destroy, They first drive insane.

Patch 
Posted: 22-Apr-2008, 09:27 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: America, Mid West

male

With a past military back ground I definitely support our troops! I also believe that one must "pick" ones battles. One should never start a fight that one has not a plan, or the b-lls to win. I say, "decide to do what it takes to win or get out! Unfortunately with NAFTA a lot of our military hardware is manufactured on foreign soil so it generates no tax $ to pay for the war. We are force to borrow from China and Japan to finance the war and many domestic programs.

When I was in the Military, It took care of it's own! That is no longer the case. The thousands of flag draped coffins are not the story. The news should cover the tens of thousands who have returned disabled, many so disabled as to require lifetime custodial care! The Govt. does not have the funds to adequately care for them. For some reason the Govt feels compelled to save people when there is NO possibility of any quality of life. I would not encourage any family member to consider a military career under those circumstances.

After 30 plus years as a Civil Servant I am convinced that Govt. drains the inteligence from elected officials!

Slŗinte,††††

Patch
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
©2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics ©2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt