Camac
Posted: 25-May-2008, 10:50 AM
Quote Post

Main: Registration
Questions: Help
Important: Rules

Zodiac

QUOTE (Patch @ 24-May-2008, 11:35 PM)
QUOTE (stoirmeil @ 24-May-2008, 05:21 PM)
QUOTE (Patch @ 23-May-2008, 12:38 PM)
I am glad they got out and wish them a safe trip home.  Promoting Christianity in some areas of the world is just too dangerous.

Slàinte,   

Patch

I wonder if it's not possible to say that promoting Christianity in some parts of the world, especially unbidden, might be dangerous because it's not really appropriate? I know that's not going to be a welcome thought in some quarters.

In any case, I too am very glad that they are unharmed, and still strong and ready to do the good work of their lives where it finds welcome and takes root.

Very true, not being welcome is what makes it dangerous. An acquaintance had a son who became a missionary. He and his wife devised a plan to smuggle Bibles into China. The only thing that kept them from a lengthly stay in a Chinese prison was, they were caught before they entered China. If you are not welcome, do not go. Our Govt. would do well to learn that.

Slàinte,    

Patch   

I think this will definetly upset some people but in my view the difference between a Christian Missionary and a Radical Muslim is NIL. Both use coercion in one form or another to force their beliefs on those who really don't want them.

Camac.
bash.gif

Patch 
Posted: 25-May-2008, 11:41 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacIvy

Realm: America, Mid West

male

QUOTE (Camac @ 25-May-2008, 04:50 AM)
I am glad they got out and wish them a safe trip home.  Promoting Christianity in some areas of the world is just too dangerous.

Slàinte,   

Patch

I wonder if it's not possible to say that promoting Christianity in some parts of the world, especially unbidden, might be dangerous because it's not really appropriate? I know that's not going to be a welcome thought in some quarters.

In any case, I too am very glad that they are unharmed, and still strong and ready to do the good work of their lives where it finds welcome and takes root.

Very true, not being welcome is what makes it dangerous. An acquaintance had a son who became a missionary. He and his wife devised a plan to smuggle Bibles into China. The only thing that kept them from a lengthly stay in a Chinese prison was, they were caught before they entered China. If you are not welcome, do not go. Our Govt. would do well to learn that.

Slàinte,    

Patch   

I think this will definetly upset some people but in my view the difference between a Christian Missionary and a Radical Muslim is NIL. Both use coercion in one form or another to force their beliefs on those who really don't want them.

Camac.
bash.gif

I have known more "radical" (?) muslims than Christian missionaries. Several of the few missionaries I knew over the years believed to the point of fanaticism that they HAD to convert the peoples of the world. Personally I am not trying to convert anyone to my religion and expect the same courtesy in return.

If they are welcomed for whatever reason by the host country, let them go.

Slàinte,    

Patch    

PMEmail Poster               
John Clements 
Posted: 25-May-2008, 12:36 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

male

QUOTE (Patch @ 25-May-2008, 11:41 AM)
QUOTE (Camac @ 25-May-2008, 04:50 AM)

Slàinte,   

Patch

Slàinte,    

Patch   

Camac.
bash.gif

I have known more "radical" (?) muslims than Christian missionaries. Several of the few missionaries I knew over the years believed to the point of fanaticism that they HAD to convert the peoples of the world. Personally I am not trying to convert anyone to my religion and expect the same courtesy in return.

If they are welcomed for whatever reason by the host country, let them go.

Slàinte,    

Patch    

Hey, that sounds like a marriage. Someone marries you for who you are, and then immediately tries to change you.

--------------------
We’re all poets, only some of us write it down. JC 9/27/08

Anyone who has the courage to disagree, deserves all do respect. JC 4/28/08

Life is a loosing battle, so you might as well live it up.
J.C. 3/29/08

Life should be like skiing, you have the most fun on the way down. J.C. 8/17/07

Take their word for it, and that’s just what you’ll get.
J.C. 3/19/07

Only the truth is worth the ultimate sacrifice.
J.C. 1/26/06

Compared to the far right, the far left is somewhere in the middle. J.C. 2/22/06

I’ll be the first to apologies, as long as I get one back.
J.C. 3/7/06

It’s a happy man, who can laugh at himself.

If you’re looking for a new experience, don’t hire someone with a lot of it. J.C. sometime in 1990
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 25-May-2008, 01:01 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: America, Mid West

male

The other side of that coin is you marry someone expecting them not to change and they do. Your description is the worst case scenario though

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
©2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics ©2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt