This is another old Scottish receipt ( yes they were called that, not recipe ) that always makes for a filling meal.
Recipe Name: Boiled Meats
Category: 18TH CENTURY
1 1/2 Pound shoulder clod (whole shoulder of beef)
1/2 Pound beef tongue
1 Large onion
1 Large carrot
2 celery stalks
Salt to taste
1. In a very big pot put the vegetables, a peeled onion, peeled carrot and celery, and enough water to eventually cover the meats abundantly.
2. Bring the water to a boil and add the meats and salt.
3. Boil the meats covered for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until done.
4. Check the meats occasionally to see if they are cooked since some pieces may cook before the others. If something cooks faster just remove it when it is done and continue cooking the others.
5. Check for saltiness as it cooks.
6. When all the meat is ready remove from broth, slice and serve.
Serve with horseradish sauce.
I support the separation of church and hate!
IMAGINATION - the freest and largest nation in the world!
One can not profess to be of "GOD" and show intolerence and prejudice towards the beliefs of others.
Am fear nach gleidh na h–airm san t–sith, cha bhi iad aige ’n am a’ chogaidh.
He that keeps not his arms in time of peace will have none in time of war.
"We're all in this together , in the parking lot between faith and fear" ... O.C.M.S.
“Beasts feed; man eats; only the man of intellect knows how to eat well.”
"Without food we are nothing, without history we are lost." - SHADOWS
Is iomadh duine laghach a mhill an Creideamh.
Religion has spoiled many a good man.
The clan MacEwen