Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacRowan

Realm: Tampa Florida

male

QUOTE (Patch @ 03-May-2008, 09:26 PM)
QUOTE (Patch @ 03-May-2008, 02:00 PM)
British Columbia has made a good deal of money from me and my rifles!  I have hunted many times there and hope to make one more trip.  I have hunted Alberta too.  Fishing has been in Ontario with one trip to Great Slave Lake.  I learned a little French in a small town North East of Montreal. 

Slàinte,   

Patch

I am not too fond of Texas myself.

Slàinte,   

Patch

Every state, and provence, has its falts. Now what's wrong with Texas? Actually, Texas is the favorite of a lot of my Canadian friends. smile.gif

--------------------
ALL4114Christ!

343 Their blood cries out! NEVER FORGET 9/11!

The 2nd Ammendment. The original Homeland Security!

"To those who would follow laws; laws need not apply. Those who would not follow laws; laws will have no affect upon."

Plato

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
C. S. Lewis
PMEmail Poster                
Nova Scotian 
Posted: 04-May-2008, 08:11 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

male

QUOTE (Camac @ 03-May-2008, 07:55 PM)
QUOTE (Nova Scotian @ 03-May-2008, 07:27 PM)
QUOTE (Camac @ 03-May-2008, 12:48 PM)
QUOTE (Nova Scotian @ 03-May-2008, 11:21 AM)
QUOTE (Patch @ 01-May-2008, 09:29 AM)
"This year will go down in history.  For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration.  Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient and the world will follow our lead into the future!"  --- Adolf Hitler, 1935

This speaks for its self!

Slàinte,   

Patch

It's too bad the anti-gunners just don't seem to get this Patch. The 2nd amendment is what it is. If it's been corrupted? Then the same argument could be brought up against the first amendment. Let's just remember that. To our good neighbors to the North. Let the USA be the USA. I'm willing to let Canada be Canada. I guess the RCMP, who BTW I've two cousins who are "Mounties", can be everywhere at once since pepper spray and every other kind of non-lethal force is illegal.

Nova Scotian;
As you have two cousins that are RCMP then you know that they are the Federal Police Force. Something like the FBI & US Marshalls rolled into one. They only have local juristiction in Provinces that they are under contract to. Ontario is not one of them. We have the O.P.P. (Ontario Provincial Police). Each large municipality and city have their own police force. I have both an RCMP Constable and a Metro Toronto Constable living in my building and both of them are fervent gun control advocates. I am not in any way trying to force my ideas on any one just state a different point of view. I personally find it incomprhensible why anyone would want ot own a gun.

I'm aware a little on how the RCMP operates. They are actually contracted to police the area of Nova Scotia where my roots are. The 2 cousins I have, I have had some serious conversations concerning gun control. They sound like robots to me like they're preprogrammed to despise anything that has to do with gun rights and they refuse to hear my point of view on it. Gun control is one of the main reasons I'd never become a permanent resident in Nova Scotia even though Nova Scotia is and I hope always will be my 2nd home. I will always love the USA as my home first and foremost. If you think it's incomprhensible why someone would want to own a Gun? Well mabe that's what makes you Canadian and why QE2 the Monarch of Great Briton remains on all you currency and remains head of state. I as American believe firmly I have the RIGHT to own and posess a gun to protect me my home and family. I've many in my ancestry who have fought for it and there are those who fought against it and that's where the Nova Scotian loyalist connection comes in. Yes. My greatx4 grandfather was a loyalist traitor and tried to stop what the US has. But his actions left me a beautiful place to go to in Nova Scotia. That's something I thank God for.

Nova Scotian; If I might be so bold as to remind you that had it not been for French intervention you would have lost the Revolution and your Founding Fathers
would have hung for treason. So don't thank God thank the French.

Camac.

I'm very aware of the French's intervention into tthe Revolution. Now what is your point in posting that fact? I could be wrong but you came across as perturbed. Yes the founding fathers would have hanged but so would my greatx4 grandfather had he stayed in the colonies after the Contintal Armys victory. It wasn't the first time nor the last time a power ally interviened. biggrin.gif
PMEmail Poster                
Patch 
Posted: 04-May-2008, 08:37 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacIvy

Realm: America, Mid West

male

It is hot, a lot of their hunting is in penned enclosures and includes exotic animals. The foremost reason is their stance on illegal aliens. I have recent legal immigrants in my family who did all the paperwork and waited their turn.

Slàinte,   

Patch
PMEmail Poster               
Camac
Posted: 04-May-2008, 08:56 AM
Quote Post

Main: Registration
Questions: Help
Important: Rules

Zodiac

QUOTE (Nova Scotian @ 04-May-2008, 08:11 AM)
"This year will go down in history.  For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration.  Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient and the world will follow our lead into the future!"  --- Adolf Hitler, 1935

Slàinte,   

Patch

It's too bad the anti-gunners just don't seem to get this Patch. The 2nd amendment is what it is. If it's been corrupted? Then the same argument could be brought up against the first amendment. Let's just remember that. To our good neighbors to the North. Let the USA be the USA. I'm willing to let Canada be Canada. I guess the RCMP, who BTW I've two cousins who are "Mounties", can be everywhere at once since pepper spray and every other kind of non-lethal force is illegal.

Nova Scotian;
As you have two cousins that are RCMP then you know that they are the Federal Police Force. Something like the FBI & US Marshalls rolled into one. They only have local juristiction in Provinces that they are under contract to. Ontario is not one of them. We have the O.P.P. (Ontario Provincial Police). Each large municipality and city have their own police force. I have both an RCMP Constable and a Metro Toronto Constable living in my building and both of them are fervent gun control advocates. I am not in any way trying to force my ideas on any one just state a different point of view. I personally find it incomprhensible why anyone would want ot own a gun.

I'm aware a little on how the RCMP operates. They are actually contracted to police the area of Nova Scotia where my roots are. The 2 cousins I have, I have had some serious conversations concerning gun control. They sound like robots to me like they're preprogrammed to despise anything that has to do with gun rights and they refuse to hear my point of view on it. Gun control is one of the main reasons I'd never become a permanent resident in Nova Scotia even though Nova Scotia is and I hope always will be my 2nd home. I will always love the USA as my home first and foremost. If you think it's incomprhensible why someone would want to own a Gun? Well mabe that's what makes you Canadian and why QE2 the Monarch of Great Briton remains on all you currency and remains head of state. I as American believe firmly I have the RIGHT to own and posess a gun to protect me my home and family. I've many in my ancestry who have fought for it and there are those who fought against it and that's where the Nova Scotian loyalist connection comes in. Yes. My greatx4 grandfather was a loyalist traitor and tried to stop what the US has. But his actions left me a beautiful place to go to in Nova Scotia. That's something I thank God for.

Nova Scotian; If I might be so bold as to remind you that had it not been for French intervention you would have lost the Revolution and your Founding Fathers

Camac.

I'm very aware of the French's intervention into tthe Revolution. Now what is your point in posting that fact? I could be wrong but you came across as perturbed. Yes the founding fathers would have hanged but so would my greatx4 grandfather had he stayed in the colonies after the Contintal Armys victory. It wasn't the first time nor the last time a power ally interviened. biggrin.gif

I am not in the least perturbed merely stating facts. To us your great x 4 grandfather is called an "Empire Loyalist"of which there are a great many. Rather than rebel against the rightful government (at the time) they chose to leave all and sundry and start over in Canada. Merely facts. Also with the exception of our coins the Queen is only on one bill the $20. The $5, $10, $50, $100. $500, and $1000. all have Prime Ministers on them. Yes she is head of state but not only of Canada but 53 countries that make up the Commonwealth. Any way we are getting of track.
Camac.

Nova Scotian 
Posted: 04-May-2008, 12:18 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

male

QUOTE (Camac @ 04-May-2008, 08:56 AM)
QUOTE (Nova Scotian @ 04-May-2008, 08:11 AM)

Slàinte,   

Patch

Nova Scotian;

Camac.

I am not in the least perturbed merely stating facts. To us your great x 4 grandfather is called an "Empire Loyalist"of which there are a great many. Rather than rebel against the rightful government (at the time) they chose to leave all and sundry and start over in Canada. Merely facts. Also with the exception of our coins the Queen is only on one bill the $20. The $5, $10, $50, $100. $500, and $1000. all have Prime Ministers on them. Yes she is head of state but not only of Canada but 53 countries that make up the Commonwealth. Any way we are getting of track.
Camac.

Yes I agree we are getting off track.
PMEmail Poster                
Patch 
Posted: 04-May-2008, 05:11 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

Camac.

Yes, it is true, they did help. However, twice we ensured that they didn't have to learn to speak German.

Slàinte,   

Patch
PMEmail Poster               
Camac
Posted: 05-May-2008, 07:17 AM
Quote Post

Main: Registration
Questions: Help
Important: Rules

Zodiac

QUOTE (Patch @ 04-May-2008, 05:11 PM)

Camac.

Yes, it is true, they did help. However, twice we ensured that they didn't have to learn to speak German.

Slàinte,   

Patch

Sometimes I think it might have been better to let the French learn German.

Camac.

Patch 
Posted: 05-May-2008, 08:06 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

QUOTE (Camac @ 05-May-2008, 01:17 AM)

Camac.

Yes, it is true, they did help.  However, twice we ensured that they didn't have to learn to speak German.

Slàinte,   

Patch

Camac.

A lot of people died to keep France French. (Though that was part of a bigger plan)

Slàinte,     

Patch
PMEmail Poster               
Finduella 
Posted: 05-May-2008, 08:52 AM
Quote Post

Clan Member

ZodiacBirch

female

I'm just so very gratefull that Australia doesn't have a Gun Culture, very rarely do we have any gun trouble at all . We had one bad event some years ago and our Prime Minister responded by having a gun amnesty and the destruction of thousands of guns.

I cannot imagine having guns in anyones house at all. I have never seen a hand gun exept for in a police holster, I have never seen one drawn. The only people I have known with guns are farmers. Hunting is not a big sport here. We like swimming , Cricket and Rugby league.

I came home one day and interupted a robber in my house, my scottish genes kicked in and I did quite the Highland charge, the young man cut himself escaping out of the window that he had brocken to gain access, my daughter was amazed how mad a was and always felt that her mum was superwoman after that. I'm glad I didn't have a gun as I might of just been mad enough to use it and I would have hated having a life on my hands, come to think of it I would have shot my exhusband a few times over so once again, I'm really happy living in this big warm peaceful continent
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
Patch 
Posted: 05-May-2008, 09:42 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

Australia passed a law outlawing all but single shot long guns and required registration of those. The last I read, violent crime had increased in Australia by 26% since gun control became effective. Every one gets to choose how much risk they are willing to take.

Slàinte,     

Patch
PMEmail Poster               
maisky 
Posted: 05-May-2008, 11:41 AM
Quote Post

King of CelticRadio.net Jesters
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacVine

Realm: Easton, PA

male

QUOTE (Patch @ 05-May-2008, 08:42 AM)
Australia passed a law outlawing all but single shot long guns and required registration of those. The last I read, violent crime had increased in Australia by 26% since gun control became effective. Every one gets to choose how much risk they are willing to take.

Slàinte,     

Patch

I believe Australia was populated by transported Irish, much like the US. Hmm. Doesnt that sort of explain all the violence? rolleyes.gif

--------------------
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."
Carl Sagan
PMEmail PosterUsers Website               
Patch 
Posted: 05-May-2008, 02:30 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

QUOTE (maisky @ 05-May-2008, 05:41 AM)
Australia passed a law outlawing all but single shot long guns and required registration of those.  The last I read, violent crime had increased in Australia by 26% since gun control became effective.  Every one gets to choose how much risk they are willing to take.

Slàinte,     

Patch

I believe Australia was populated by transported Irish, much like the US. Hmm. Doesnt that sort of explain all the violence? rolleyes.gif

I believe that Australians was populated as a British prison colony. There was a diversified group from all of the British Empire. The increased violent crime I am talking about came after gun control was imposed. The Irish here settled mostly on our East coast. It does not explain the unusually high crime rates in California. (a gun control state) As the UK passed more stringent gun laws their violent crime rate increased even more than Australians. Their problems are now greatly attributed to Muslims. By violent crimes that would be Murder, Assault and Rape.

Slàinte,     

Patch
PMEmail Poster               
John Clements 
Posted: 05-May-2008, 03:10 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

male

QUOTE (Patch @ 05-May-2008, 02:30 PM)
Australia passed a law outlawing all but single shot long guns and required registration of those.  The last I read, violent crime had increased in Australia by 26% since gun control became effective.  Every one gets to choose how much risk they are willing to take.

Slàinte,     

Patch

I believe that Australians was populated as a British prison colony. There was a diversified group from all of the British Empire. The increased violent crime I am talking about came after gun control was imposed. The Irish here settled mostly on our East coast. It does not explain the unusually high crime rates in California. (a gun control state) As the UK passed more stringent gun laws their violent crime rate increased even more than Australians. Their problems are now greatly attributed to Muslims. By violent crimes that would be Murder, Assault and Rape.

Slàinte,     

Patch

I’ll take good discussion over violence anytime, (as long as it gets some where)! (Anyway I guess being “unarmed” in Australia makes you an easy target.)
So let’s keep talking,
JC

--------------------
We’re all poets, only some of us write it down. JC 9/27/08

Anyone who has the courage to disagree, deserves all do respect. JC 4/28/08

Life is a loosing battle, so you might as well live it up.
J.C. 3/29/08

Life should be like skiing, you have the most fun on the way down. J.C. 8/17/07

Take their word for it, and that’s just what you’ll get.
J.C. 3/19/07

Only the truth is worth the ultimate sacrifice.
J.C. 1/26/06

Compared to the far right, the far left is somewhere in the middle. J.C. 2/22/06

I’ll be the first to apologies, as long as I get one back.
J.C. 3/7/06

It’s a happy man, who can laugh at himself.

If you’re looking for a new experience, don’t hire someone with a lot of it. J.C. sometime in 1990
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 05-May-2008, 03:56 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

QUOTE (John Clements @ 05-May-2008, 09:10 AM)
QUOTE (Patch @ 05-May-2008, 02:30 PM)

Slàinte,     

Patch

Slàinte,     

Patch

I’ll take good discussion over violence anytime, (as long as it gets some where)! (Anyway I guess being “unarmed” in Australia makes you an easy target.)
So let’s keep talking,
JC

"Little Italy" in NYC is probably the safest and most polite place in America. No one knows who is packing! I have intervened in violent situations several times, ending in extreme distress to the perp. It was comforting to know you could "up the ante" if necessary. I know three women who were victims of sexual assault. All three changed their views on gun control. I helped one of them pick a firearm to carry. I have a family member who was stoped it traffic. A person broke the passenger window out and took her purse at gunpoint. It will not happen again!

Most people do not want to kill anyone. Except maybe there are a few police officers who do. However there are those who place NO value on human life. If you have the misfortune to meet one, do you want to forfeit your "valuable" life for theirs? I do not and will not!

You would be suprised at the people who are anti firearm but own them and "carry"

I am just getting started.

Slàinte,     

Patch

PMEmail Poster               
Nova Scotian 
Posted: 05-May-2008, 07:07 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

male

QUOTE (Camac @ 05-May-2008, 07:17 AM)

Camac.

Yes, it is true, they did help.  However, twice we ensured that they didn't have to learn to speak German.

Slàinte,   

Patch

Camac.

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif Good one! I know what you mean.
PMEmail Poster                
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
©2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics ©2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt