Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )
   Mobile App

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Save Net Radio Coalition, Help Save Internet Radio!
Bookmark and Share
CelticRadio 
Posted: 24-Apr-2007, 07:08 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Boston, MA

male

QUOTE (Roberto Phoenix @ 23-Apr-2007, 11:45 PM)
Mac, is that last link suppose to be different from http://www.savenetradio.org/
link. I signed the petition at this one and sent it off but all I got back from my congressman was a "We get lots of emails and I'll read yours when I get to it" reply. I may have to bring out the big water hose soon.

What would I do without you all!!

I had the wrong address, not sure how I managed that!

Thanks for mentioning this Roberto and thanks to everyone that has signed the petition!

--------------------
Wallace MacArthur
http://www.CelticRadio.net
Celtic Radio Music Network

Imagination is more Important than Knowledge
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
groovyfishguy 
Posted: 27-Apr-2007, 11:14 AM
Quote Post

Servant

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

male

Great News!!!!!!!!!!!
Great News

biggrin.gif
PMEmail Poster               
stevenpd 
Posted: 27-Apr-2007, 11:36 AM
Quote Post

An American Guardian of the Realm
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacReed

Realm: Fountain Valley, Calif.

male

QUOTE (groovyfishguy @ 27-Apr-2007, 09:14 AM)
Great News!!!!!!!!!!!
Great News

biggrin.gif

The congressmen said they had already received more than 1,000 e-mails and letters opposing the decision.

Keep dripping! We're not out of the woods yet, but we're being heard!

--------------------

user posted image

Vote in the 2013 Music Awards

Dear Lord, lest I continue in my complacent ways, help me to remember that someone died for me today. And if there be war, help me to remember to ask and to answer "am I worth dying for?" - Eleanor Roosevelt

The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.
-- Herbert Spencer, English Philosopher (1820-1903)
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
CelticRadio 
Posted: 28-Apr-2007, 04:01 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Hold the presses, I have some major news coming on the redirection of this campaign! It is all good news but we need to tell our congressmen to support a new bill that was just introduced to congress. Ill post more details about this soon!
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
gcw57 
  Posted: 29-Apr-2007, 02:09 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacReed

Realm: British Columbia

male

Hi Macfive,

I can't tell you how much I hope it is all good news and that the uprising made a few people take notice! I want to listen to the music here until I'm fat and bald! unsure.gif Uhm, maybe until I'm old.....you know, really, really old!

Many thanks for the crown king.gif at my left. I quite like it really!

--------------------
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRadio 
Posted: 29-Apr-2007, 10:59 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Dear Friends,

Keep up the fight, because of your efforts the following message is being posted by the Save Net Radio Coalition!

The future of Internet radio is in immediate danger. Royalty rates for webcasters have been drastically increased by a recent ruling and are due to go into effect on May 15 (retroactive to Jan 1, 2006!). That is why Highlander Radio and CelticRadio.net has joined the Save Net Radio Coalition.

If the increased rates remain unchanged, the majority of webcasters will go bankrupt and silent on this date including Highlander Radio and CelticRadio.net.

Highlander Radio needs your help! H.R. 2060, The Internet Radio Equality Act was introduced by Representatives Jay Inslee (D-WA) and Donald Manzullo (R-IL ) to save the Internet radio industry. Please call your congressperson to ask them to co-sponsor H.R. 2060 by clicking below.

CALL YOUR CONGRESSPERSON NOW TO ASK THEM
TO CO-SPONSOR H.R. 2060, THE INTERNET RADIO EQUALITY ACT.

There is a bill just introduced in Congress that will save Internet radio from the devastating royalty fee increases that will put thousands of Internet webcasters out of business on May 15th. Please call your Representative in Congress as soon as possible and urge them to co-sponsor H.R. 2060, the Internet Radio Equality Act.

ACT NOW!

Let's take back our country from the big corporations that want to tell US how we should listen to music, what WE should buy and HOW we should listen to it.

The U.S.A. is for the PEOPLE, not for the CORPORATIONS that are trying to wrestle control of everything. A panel of 3 appointed Judges (backed by the RIAA) have determined what is best for Americans.

Well, I say that Americans know what is best for Americans and that these Judges should go back to their Country Clubs and eat their own cake (and leave us alone).

Let May 15th be the rallying call, not just for Internet Radio - but for all forms of digital media which is flourishing across the internet. From Podcasters, to Independent Musicians to webcasters - We believe in fair rates, legal use of music and the promotion of independent musicans.

Its in the hands of the people now. Either choose a digital future governed by the RIAA or choose a digital future governed by the PEOPLE, for the PEOPLE and by the PEOPLE.

Forward this message on to everyone that loves the U.S.A. and wants to see the people of the U.S. freed from the Greed of the RIAA corporations bent on suing children and grand-parents for copyright violations. Do it now and thanks so much for your support!
CelticRadio 
Posted: 29-Apr-2007, 08:06 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Thanks so much for your support!

All I can say to everyone, is if you ever wanted to make a difference please PLEASE call your congressperson and let them know to support this bill.

At this point, emails and letters will be too late. We need to CALL!!! If you visit the SAVE NET RADIO website they have links to your congressperson and also a brief script that you can read to your congressperson. But of course, tell them how you really feel.

WE ARE GOING TO SEND A BIG MESSAGE TO THE RIAA!!!!

Lets do it and over-ride those 3 Copyright Judges who think they can tell you how and where you can listen to the music you want to listen too!

haynes9 
Posted: 30-Apr-2007, 08:36 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacElder

Realm: Ganado, Navajo Nation, Arizona

male

Called this morning and was told that I would be notified as soon as the congressman takes a position on the legislation. Believe me, I will be following up!

--------------------
Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost. -- John Quincy Adams

Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less - Robert E. Lee

For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved - Romans 10:13 (KJV)

The Lord is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble, and he knoweth them that trust in him - Nahum 1:7 (KJV)
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMy Photo Album               
Killian 
Posted: 30-Apr-2007, 11:36 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacAsh

female

I just got Through adding My 2 cents .THE FIGHT IS GOING ON NOW.
I urge all of the listers to make there thought known!!!!!!!

We want to save internet Radio

To find information on who to contact and How.

Go to

http://www.savenetradio.org/

Slainte

Killian

--------------------
Sara Aitken MacArthur - aka 'Radio Girl'
Highlander Radio
http://www.celticradio.net
PMEmail PosterUsers Website               
rhatcher1313 
Posted: 30-Apr-2007, 12:10 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: United States

male

I just did same, also, wrote to CRB, also wrote to RIAA, told them I have spent Thousands of $$$ over the years for "legal fees", but, if this passes, no more, told RIAA that i will not purchase their products, or anything that advertises for them. This is absolutely "police -state" type of legislation that has already been passed, if this H.R.2060 does not go, this will only be the start,(or the end), of "free" internet as we know it. Do not delay, or soon, all we will be able to hear is"top 40 hits", not to mention, struggling artists just getting started, where the 'net is their only medium to get their music out to us. So, please, let YOUR voice be heard, there is not much time left.Thanks.
Slainte,
rhatcher1313
PS: go to savenetradio.org to let your voice be heard to YOUR congressman ..
PMEmail Poster               
trainbow2 
Posted: 30-Apr-2007, 12:46 PM
Quote Post

Peasant
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacHazel

male

I just had a quick read of the proposed legislation. There are good "talking points" in H.R. 2060 regarding diversity and foreign language internet programming, as well as impact of fees upon rural areas and communities. In establishing rates, the proposed bill makes a distinction between commercial and non-commercial internet broadcasters, and requires various reports including from public broadcasting. I invite those with a better legal, business or regulatory background to read the text and share with others your sense of why this bill is good. Offhand, to my eye, it seems well thought out and conscientious.
PMEmail Poster               
Aaediwen 
Posted: 30-Apr-2007, 05:30 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Kentucky

male

When I'm awake I'd need to read it I guess. Right now I have no idea though... what is this actually supposed to do??

--------------------
Poet and seeker of knowledge

Mountain Legacy -- Born in the isles, raised in Appalachia
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
CelticRadio 
Posted: 30-Apr-2007, 05:45 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

I'm going to direct everyone who is passionately following these developments to visit the Internet Radio Newsletter website. Here is the latest news on the Save Net Radio Campaign:

A large group of webcasters, musicians and independent record label execs will convene in Washington D.C. tomorrow for the "Hill walk" organized by the SaveNetRadio.org coalition.

The group has meetings scheduled with Representatives in Congress whom they will meet with to promote the passage of the Internet Radio Equality Act (H.R. 2060).

Also in today's issue, Kurt and Paul respond to SoundExchange's latest press release, which claims that the new bill aimed at saving Internet radio would actually only benefit "mega-corporate webcasters" who are trying to swindle artists out of royalties.

Read more about tomorrow's "Hill walk" in today's new issue of RAIN, available now at http://www.kurthanson.com.
CelticRadio 
Posted: 30-Apr-2007, 06:12 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

More cause for alarm and yet another reason to support H.R.2060:

"RIAA's affiliate organization SoundExchange claims it has the right to collect royalties for any artist http://www.dailykos.com/story/2007/4/24/141326/870, no matter if they have signed with an RIAA label or not. 'SoundExchange (the RIAA) considers any digital performance of a song as falling under their compulsory license. If any artist records a song, SoundExchange has the right to collect royalties for its performance on Internet radio. Artists can offer to download their music for free, but they cannot offer their songs to Internet radio for free "

http://slashdot.org/articles/07/04/29/0335224.shtml
CelticRadio 
Posted: 30-Apr-2007, 06:44 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Here's some stats for you!

Congress has received 400,000!!!!!!!!!! emails and 1 congressman received 1000 phone calls from the Save Net Radio campaign. IN total, 50,000 phone calls in the past 3 days!

I am proud to say that I know that members of Celtic Radio are doing their part. Thanks so much for your support.

Read the encouraging news here:

http://money.cnn.com/2007/04/30/technology...sion=2007043012
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics 2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt