DesertRose 
Posted: 06-Apr-2009, 02:55 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAlder

Realm: The desert of Arizona

female

ROTFL! Maisky! Your stories just crack me up laughing! Congrats to your household on the new pups. How many are you going to keep? LOL

My pup, now 2 years old, is still the life of Riley. I finally got two crates so I can bed two of my three Shelties at night. Hubby and I were getting ready to BBQ two dogs the other morning because when they get hungry (no matter what time it is in the wee hours of the morn), they will jump on our bed and sprawl themselves all over us and lick us to GET UP NOW AND FEED US..NOW Did I say NOW?! They're fed twice a day and according to vet recommendations. No way could they be starving to death..sheesh! So I said last week, I will fix their furry behinds and put them in crates so the two obnoxious ones have to go there own bed and sleep at night and can't disturb us till mom is ready to get up and feed them. After all, I am the Alpha Dog! tongue.gif It has worked terrifically. Plus, Irish, has this nasty problem of pottying in the house if I don't get up when she wants! So this crate bed thing has solved all my problems and we get a much better night sleep. No one whines or barks, they just lay there quietly watching mom and dad in bed, waiting patiently for us to get up.

So our bedroom is now doggy land with two crates, that have the most comfy beds in them, draped over blankets over them to give them a "cave like" experience so they feel safe and secure. I have fixed their crates up so nice it is like a 5 star hotel doggy bed now, with water dishes and chew toys. I feed them in their crates now and I don't have to worry about one getting into another's food. I don't have to worry about stepping into dog pooh the middle of the night.

Our eldest Sheltie is loving it as he is so good. Doesn't bother anyone unless he needs to go out. He can lay where ever he wants and never has had an accident in the house or torn anything up. He will be 14 this June. He has lived two years past we ever thought he would.

Sorry for the novel, but that is what has been going on in my doggy world lately. I highly recommend the crates. It saves your carpet and your sanity...especially if you get a Marley and he needs time out. Although I never use the crates as a place of punishment. I keep the gate doors open at all times during the day and they go in there on their own if they want to take a private and peaceful nap, away from the other dogs now.

So CarolinaScotsman, perhaps a crate might help your new pup situation. I always get a bigger size needed so my dogs can stretch and move around. Just a thought!

wink.gif

--------------------
Fine art & photography by DESERT ROSE IMAGES
http://www.desertrose-images.com
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMy Photo Album               
maisky 
Posted: 07-Apr-2009, 06:10 AM
Quote Post

King of CelticRadio.net Jesters
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacVine

Realm: Easton, PA

male

QUOTE (DesertRose @ 06-Apr-2009, 01:55 PM)

So our bedroom is now doggy land with two crates, that have the most comfy beds in them, draped over blankets over them to give them a "cave like" experience so they feel safe and secure. I have fixed their crates up so nice it is like a 5 star hotel doggy bed now, with water dishes and chew toys. I feed them in their crates now and I don't have to worry about one getting into another's food. I don't have to worry about stepping into dog pooh the middle of the night.

Our eldest Sheltie is loving it as he is so good. Doesn't bother anyone unless he needs to go out. He can lay where ever he wants and never has had an accident in the house or torn anything up. He will be 14 this June. He has lived two years past we ever thought he would.

Sorry for the novel, but that is what has been going on in my doggy world lately. I highly recommend the crates. It saves your carpet and your sanity...especially if you get a Marley and he needs time out. Although I never use the crates as a place of punishment. I keep the gate doors open at all times during the day and they go in there on their own if they want to take a private and peaceful nap, away from the other dogs now.

So CarolinaScotsman, perhaps a crate might help your new pup situation. I always get a bigger size needed so my dogs can stretch and move around. Just a thought!

wink.gif

"ROTFL! Maisky! Your stories just crack me up laughing! Congrats to your household on the new pups. How many are you going to keep? LOL"

We plan to keep one female pup. We have already selected her boyfriend for when she is in heat at age 2. He is also a national champion show dog named Chesebar True Grit.

" So this crate bed thing has solved all my problems and we get a much better night sleep. No one whines or barks, they just lay there quietly watching mom and dad in bed, waiting patiently for us to get up."

The Princess sleeps in a crate in the bedroom. When she wants out (at whatever unholy hour), she whacks the door of the crate with a paw until the Chief Slave gets up to let her out. The chessies are WAY to smart for their own good.

--------------------
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."
Carl Sagan
PMEmail PosterUsers Website               
karenrah 
Posted: 07-Apr-2009, 06:20 AM
Quote Post

Servant
Group Icon

ZodiacReed

female

Actually, I sleep sooooo soundly that I dont wake up for Paws demanding to be let out. That is my Pet Engineer's job.

I am the one who decided that we want a second chessie. We will maintain the breeding program and it will give Paws a playmate. We can easily manage the pups and we have a very good yard for dogs. We look forward to teaching the pups to swim.
PMEmail Poster               
stoirmeil 
Posted: 07-Apr-2009, 06:58 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: New York

I can't believe she has already grown up and is approaching motherhood -- it seems like no time ago we were hearing about all her puppyshines. Well -- no wonder you want to keep one of the pups! Waiting for pix. smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
karenrah 
Posted: 07-Apr-2009, 07:19 AM
Quote Post

Servant
Group Icon

ZodiacReed

female

As for the expectant mom, here is a more recent picture.

Attached Image. Works with IE only! (Click thumbnail to expand)
Attached Image (Works with IE Only)
PMEmail Poster               
karenrah 
Posted: 07-Apr-2009, 07:22 AM
Quote Post

Servant
Group Icon

ZodiacReed

female

The pic above is with the Princess in a halo collar. She had hurt a paw. The next one is here in a happier state. She is on HER sofa.

PMEmail Poster               
karenrah 
Posted: 08-Apr-2009, 05:39 AM
Quote Post

Servant
Group Icon

ZodiacReed

female

And one more pic. with Priincess Paws in a "provacative" pose. On of the Paparizzi took this one.

PMEmail Poster               
karenrah 
Posted: 10-Apr-2009, 06:14 AM
Quote Post

Servant
Group Icon

ZodiacReed

female

We are up to the next step in puppy preparations. The florida room is ready (bare and clean) to be a playpen. Both crates are ready. Last night we reintroduced bedding into Princess Paws crate. She accepted it well, meaning she didnt shred the blanket. Next we try her with a real dogbed inside. We still need the plastic wading pool and the sections of fencing to keep pups in the wading pool and out of the main pool. We want then near weaning before we do swimming lessons.
PMEmail Poster               
stoirmeil 
Posted: 10-Apr-2009, 01:57 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: New York

QUOTE (karenrah @ 10-Apr-2009, 06:14 AM)
We still need the plastic wading pool and the sections of fencing to keep pups in the wading pool and out of the main pool. We want then near weaning before we do swimming lessons.

Won't the Princess try to teach them to swim herself when she thinks they're ready?
PMEmail Poster               
karenrah 
Posted: 11-Apr-2009, 05:24 AM
Quote Post

Servant
Group Icon

ZodiacReed

female

QUOTE (stoirmeil @ 10-Apr-2009, 01:57 PM)
Won't the Princess try to teach them to swim herself when she thinks they're ready?

She will be an active participant, I am sure. The Royal Pool opens on May 2. The pups are due near the end of May. So, Princess Paws will have been swimming for about 3 weeks before the Royal family makes its appearance. This should be good exercise for the Royal Mom.

The pups will start downstairs, in the family room/office area. Thier access to the outside, pool area wont be until they are near to being weened. All but one are due to be sold to other families that are eager to become Royal Slaves.
PMEmail Poster               
karenrah 
Posted: 12-Apr-2009, 10:47 AM
Quote Post

Servant
Group Icon

ZodiacReed

female

Princess Paws is becoming more and more lovey. She is just barely showing signs of her pregnancy. We bought 2 cheap blankets at Kmart today in preparation for the puppies.
PMEmail Poster               
TheCarolinaScotsman 
Posted: 19-Apr-2009, 11:27 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: North Carolina

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #2
2,147,483,647 Gold!

We decided that Marley deserved a middle name. Her full name is now Marley Stopdamnit McKay.

--------------------
TheCarolinaScotsman

Ya'll drive safe and come back soon.
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
valpal59 
Posted: 21-Apr-2009, 08:40 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Texas Panhandle

female

I would like to introduce the newest member of our household. We adopted him from the pound yesterday evening.

Meet Angus Shields.

Val

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.

You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."

Author Unknown
PMEmail Poster               View my Facebook Profile.View My Space Profile.
valpal59 
Posted: 21-Apr-2009, 08:44 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Texas Panhandle

female

He is a corgi mix.

PMEmail Poster               View my Facebook Profile.View My Space Profile.
Harlot 
Posted: 21-Apr-2009, 10:25 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Southern Michiagn USA

female

Hello Angus, Hope you love your new home. I know your Lady pet is a very sweet lady.

--------------------
user posted image
Hopes are towers in the skies Dreams are wings taking flight

The Boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best Shadowy and vague. Who shall say where one ends and the other begins

Photobucket

SLAINTE
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics 2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt