valpal59 
Posted: 20-Jun-2008, 10:21 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Texas Panhandle

female

QUOTE (stoirmeil @ 19-Jun-2008, 12:17 PM)

Does she have a nice roomy crate? Some of the time when you're not home that might help. I used to think that was awful, but reading what real serious dog owners here have had to say, I think differently about it now.

She has a LARGE crate. This is the first time we have ever used a crate. She loves her crate. Things would be so much worse without it. She is going to be a great dog, I just have to keep reminding myself that she is still a puppy. All of our old dogs were great. They had manners and were well behaved. Hubby reminded me that Tilly went thru 6 water hoses and 9 prs. of house shoes. I had forgotten. rolleyes.gif

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.

You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."

Author Unknown
PMEmail Poster               View my Facebook Profile.View My Space Profile.
DesertRose 
Posted: 20-Jun-2008, 10:40 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

Realm: The desert of Arizona

female

Gosh! I thought I replied to this. Well my Riley pup of a year old was a naughty boy last night....again. I had left to attend a meeting and apparently he got mad and picked my butt pillow (to relieve back pressure in my chair) and destroyed it!

Oh gosh! My hubby was ready to get rid of him! Hubby was livid, but so was I. Told him that he was the one who wanted a puppy but was not willing to train the guy. My Riley is going no where. Instead, I plan to come up with creative ways to keep him at bay. One thing is a large crate when I need to leave for a few hours. Bought a pillow with a zippered pillow case that he cannot destroy. He also has all his chew toys to keep him busy. I also fill up a kong toy with milk bones. That's a start anyway.

Anyone have any other recommendations, I would appreciate it!

--------------------
Fine art & photography by DESERT ROSE IMAGES
http://www.desertrose-images.com
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMy Photo Album               
maisky 
Posted: 21-Jun-2008, 04:46 PM
Quote Post

King of CelticRadio.net Jesters
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacVine

Realm: Easton, PA

male

Here is the newest picture of Princess Paws practicing her flying. You can see the ball in the water ahead of her.

Attached Image. Works with IE only! (Click thumbnail to expand)
Attached Image (Works with IE Only)

--------------------
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."
Carl Sagan
PMEmail PosterUsers Website               
Patch 
Posted: 21-Jun-2008, 05:52 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacIvy

Realm: America, Mid West

male

QUOTE (DesertRose @ 20-Jun-2008, 04:40 PM)
Gosh! I thought I replied to this. Well my Riley pup of a year old was a naughty boy last night....again. I had left to attend a meeting and apparently he got mad and picked my butt pillow (to relieve back pressure in my chair) and destroyed it!

Oh gosh! My hubby was ready to get rid of him! Hubby was livid, but so was I. Told him that he was the one who wanted a puppy but was not willing to train the guy. My Riley is going no where. Instead, I plan to come up with creative ways to keep him at bay. One thing is a large crate when I need to leave for a few hours. Bought a pillow with a zippered pillow case that he cannot destroy. He also has all his chew toys to keep him busy. I also fill up a kong toy with milk bones. That's a start anyway.

Anyone have any other recommendations, I would appreciate it!

Early on I had a large crate for my Brittany. I would leave for a couple of hours and come home to find him loose and the crate still latched. I figured it must be that the door needed more than two latches so I added 4 more. Still he got loose so I put him in the crate, left and watched through a window. He pushed on the corner till he got his head through. In about 5 min he was out! IT MUST HAVE HURT! I bought a dozen clips and reinforced everything. That worked. The crate has beep put away for a long time now. The most bothersome problem now is, he prefers my food to his. If I leave anything accessible to him I figure it is my fault. Truth be known, I probably have more faults than he does.

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
stoirmeil 
Posted: 21-Jun-2008, 05:57 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: New York

QUOTE (maisky @ 21-Jun-2008, 04:46 PM)
Here is the newest picture of Princess Paws practicing her flying. You can see the ball in the water ahead of her.

Wow! She dives like people!! What form, what an athlete.

That's a beautiful pool, btw. wink.gif
PMEmail Poster               
ctbard 
Posted: 23-Jun-2008, 08:35 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

Realm: Connecticut

female

QUOTE (maisky @ 21-Jun-2008, 04:46 PM)

What a great picture! is she a chesapeake By retriever? I"d love to have a pool like that too, for me, not my pups, my airedales don"t really like, or care to, swim.

--------------------
The devil whispered behind the leaves, it's pretty but is it art?
Rudyard Kipling
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
maisky 
Posted: 23-Jun-2008, 09:22 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacVine

male

QUOTE (ctbard @ 23-Jun-2008, 07:35 AM)
What a great picture! is she a chesapeake By retriever? I"d love to have a pool like that too, for me, not my pups, my airedales don"t really like, or care to, swim.

Yes, she is a Chessie. She is also in training for the Olympic diving team. She hopes they will approve "ball diving" in the near future.

The pool belongs to Princess Paws, but she is willing to share it.
DesertRose 
Posted: 23-Jun-2008, 03:10 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

female

Maisky, I am really impressed with Princess Paws' diving ability. What a champ!

My Riley can fly through the air when he runs! LOL

Patch, that was pretty funny, or not so funny about the crate. My crate is rather large too, but the way it is built there is no way he can get out as it has these large sturdy hooks all the way down to clasp the door shut. Gladly you don't need yours anymore. Riley is taking to the crate very well. He has his pillow, toys, water and a kong filled with cookies to entertain him till I get home from running errands. Usually, I let all three dogs outside to play when I need to leave the house, but in the desert it is way too hot for them right now....even in the shade with a ton of water. And Shelties do not like being in water in the least. Believe me! We've tried when we had a swimming pool! They were mortified!
maisky 
Posted: 07-Oct-2008, 01:29 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacVine

male

We close Princess Paws Royal swimming pool yesterday for the winter. The Princess hadn't seen this when I got home. I let her out. She walked slowly around the pool, sniffing at the cover. She went all the way around it. When she got back to her starting point, just outside the back door, she stepped on the cover, where it stretched out onto the patio, squated down and peed on the cover. A most definitive editorial statement.
valpal59 
Posted: 07-Oct-2008, 02:03 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Texas Panhandle

female

lol.gif
Sorry for laughing, but I could just see the smug look on her face as she squatted.

Bailey is in the destructive mode. Sunday the backyard looked like it had snowed. She loves to rip the stuffing out of pillows and she got 2 of the throw pillows off of the bench on the patio. The look on her face as she slowly pulls the stuffing out is of pure enjoyment.
PMEmail Poster               View my Facebook Profile.View My Space Profile.
stoirmeil 
Posted: 07-Oct-2008, 02:37 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: New York

QUOTE (valpal59 @ 07-Oct-2008, 02:03 PM)
Bailey is in the destructive mode. Sunday the backyard looked like it had snowed. She loves to rip the stuffing out of pillows and she got 2 of the throw pillows off of the bench on the patio. The look on her face as she slowly pulls the stuffing out is of pure enjoyment.

Good thing you can't read her mind when she does that. I'm sure she's disembowelling bunnies, or something else really satisfying like that, in her fantasies. smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Harlot 
Posted: 07-Oct-2008, 04:47 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Southern Michiagn USA

female

Oh how I miss having a puppy-dog. I think when my lease is up here I am going to look for another place just so I can enjoy all the fun again. Did you know having a pet can lower your blood presure? My Dr. told me that not that mine needs it.

Keep the stories coming.

--------------------
user posted image
Hopes are towers in the skies Dreams are wings taking flight

The Boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best Shadowy and vague. Who shall say where one ends and the other begins

Photobucket

SLAINTE
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
Dogshirt 
Posted: 07-Oct-2008, 09:04 PM
Quote Post

Lord of the Northern Plains
Group Icon

ZodiacElder

Realm: Washington THE State

male

Oh how I miss having a puppy-dog. I think when my lease is up here I am going to look for another place just so I can enjoy all the fun again. Did you know having a pet can lower your blood presure? My Dr. told me that not that mine needs it.

Keep the stories coming.

RIIIIIIIIIIIGHT!!!! The other day Otto chewed the hell out of my work boots! THAT really lowered my BP! I wanted to buy new boots before winter got here, but did NOT expect to have to break them in on the job. Do you have ANY idea what 10 hours in new boots feels like? I was NOT amused!

beer_mug.gif

--------------------
Hoka Hey!
The more Liberals I meet, the more I like my dogs!
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
DesertRose 
Posted: 08-Oct-2008, 01:35 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

female

QUOTE (Harlot @ 07-Oct-2008, 04:47 PM)

Keep the stories coming.

Puppies are cute, no doubt about it. But there is so much work involved in training them. I am still working on my stubborn head, Riley. He is an extremely intelligent dog, but does not get enough intelectual stimulation due to me and hubby being too sedentary. When he gets bored, he gets very destructive. I have to keep him very active and when I can't I have to keep a close eye on him.

Harlot 
Posted: 08-Oct-2008, 07:27 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Southern Michiagn USA

female

For 12 years I had 2 Rott's a male Maxwell,and a female Harlot. They had one litter of 8 pups 4 males and 4 females. Max was my best friend ,on a good day he weighed 165 lbs but if Harlot was in heat he had one thing on his mind and would drop down to 140-145 for 3 weeks then eat me out of house and home.

Dogshirt, I do understand about shoes and boots. Harlot would always chew the right shoe of mine when she was a pup,never the left. Max will he learned all about mousetraps.

Desertrose, The night Harlot had her pups I learn all about brith'in babies. She would push then out and walk away. I cut open sacks and cut cords,made sure they were breathing and then start all over again. The last one she had was not breathing so I pumped her chest and blew in her nose til I got her going. I figured I'd been up all night I wasn't looseing any of them.

A lot of work yes I know but I still miss it anyway.
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
©2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics ©2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt