Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Who Are Your Heroes?, Who has influenced you ?
Bookmark and Share
Druid_of_Ark 
Posted: 13-Apr-2008, 12:00 PM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Clan Cathcart-USA
Group Icon

Group: Order of the Knights
ZodiacAlder

Realm: Perryville, Arkansas

male

Another Hero of mine is Sir Alan Cathcart, who was a companion of King Robert I when he mounted the Scottish throne in 1307, and was engaged on his side at the Battle of Loudoun Hill that same year, when the Scots defeated the English. The Peerage quotes an old poem about the bravery of Sir Alan who accompanied King Robert the Bruce and his good humour.

The following year, he was made one of Edward Bruce's party of 50 horsemen who attacked and dispersed 1,500 cavalry under John de St. John in Galloway. The peerage quotes on old poem about Sir Alan's bravery and good humor. Another notable was the first Lord Cathcart, dignified with the honour in 1447 by King James II of Scotland. But then anyone that died in the cause of Scottish Freedom is a hero in my books and those that opposed Scottish Freedom are not worthy of remembrance. I have nothing against th nglish, as long as they rule each other. I just believe Scots are able to handle their own affairs without English tutoring, and English Taxation of Scotland .

--------------------
Blessed Be,
Sir. Raibeart Paris, OGU
PMEmail Poster               
ctbard 
Posted: 13-Apr-2008, 06:12 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAlder

Realm: Connecticut

female

My husband is my hero.

--------------------
The devil whispered behind the leaves, it's pretty but is it art?
Rudyard Kipling
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
maggiemahone1 
Posted: 14-Apr-2008, 08:47 PM
Quote Post

High Queen of Ireland

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Southern West Virginia

female

My soul mate, best friend and hero is my husband!!!
PMEmail PosterUsers Website                View My Space Profile.
haynes9 
Posted: 15-Apr-2008, 12:16 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacElder

Realm: Ganado, Navajo Nation, Arizona

male

Great topic! For me, I would have to say that my ultimate hero is my Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ. I would be nothing at all without Him. I have let Him down and failed Him, yet He remains faithful! What a King!

On a more earthly realm, my dad. He was a simple, Kentucky hillbilly who worked at a job he hated for 35 years just to feed me and my siblings. When my Mom got cancer, I watched him bathe her and love her even though she had lost her physical beauty by most folks standards. He raised an attorney, a preacher, and two girls that are self sufficient. Dad was never a rocket scientist, but he was the one thing no one else could be to me - Dad!

On another front, there are some Native American heroes that I respect. Red Cloud, perhaps the greatest Ogalala warrior ever. The United States surrendered to him on his terms during the Red Cloud War. Geronimo, an Apache, was perhaps the greatest guerrilla fighter this country has ever produced. Quanah Parker, the great Comanche, was able to prosper even after his people were placed under subjection. Crazy Horse, who taught Custer and the 7th Cavalry a few things! Lastly the great Navajo Code Talkers of WW II. It is my privilege to know many of them that are left personally. They loved and served a country that did not always do them right, and they did it with excellence! Semper Fi!

Well, now you have read my novel. Have a great day!

--------------------
Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost. -- John Quincy Adams

Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less - Robert E. Lee

For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved - Romans 10:13 (KJV)

The Lord is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble, and he knoweth them that trust in him - Nahum 1:7 (KJV)
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMy Photo Album               
John Clements 
Posted: 15-Apr-2008, 10:10 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

male

Thomas Clements, Honor Clements, Jean Schulman Clements, Mark Twain, Michael Angelo, Brian Leach, George Carlin, William Wallis, Abe Lincoln, Mohamed Allie, John Lennon, Bob Dylan, Joanie Mitchell, Einstein, Thomas Jefferson, John McEnroe, John Adams, John Paine, Benjamin Franklyn, John and Robert Kennedy, Jacky Robertson, Martin Luther King, Pat Tillman, and anyone else who had, or has the courage to speak truth to power, and who laid down their lives for justice, (which would pretty much make my list of heroes endless).

--------------------
Weíre all poets, only some of us write it down. JC 9/27/08

Anyone who has the courage to disagree, deserves all do respect. JC 4/28/08

Life is a loosing battle, so you might as well live it up.
J.C. 3/29/08

Life should be like skiing, you have the most fun on the way down. J.C. 8/17/07

Take their word for it, and thatís just what youíll get.
J.C. 3/19/07

Only the truth is worth the ultimate sacrifice.
J.C. 1/26/06

Compared to the far right, the far left is somewhere in the middle. J.C. 2/22/06

Iíll be the first to apologies, as long as I get one back.
J.C. 3/7/06

Itís a happy man, who can laugh at himself.

If youíre looking for a new experience, donít hire someone with a lot of it. J.C. sometime in 1990
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
©2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics ©2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt