DesertRose 
Posted: 06-Jan-2008, 09:09 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAlder

Realm: The desert of Arizona

female

QUOTE (Dogshirt @ 05-Jan-2008, 08:50 PM)
This morning, my little buddy Harley (Dachshund) left the pain of this world. I adopted him 12 years ago when he was 6. He went to work with me, he went to Scout camp with me, he went to bed with me! GOd this SUCKS!!!!!

beer_mug.gif

Dogshirt, I am just now seeing this and I am totally heart sick for you. I just hate to hear when one of our furry friends leaves this earth cause it indeed leaves a hole in our hearts. Peace and comfort to you during this difficult time. If you need to talk, I am here. hug.gif Take care.

--------------------
Fine art & photography by DESERT ROSE IMAGES
http://www.desertrose-images.com
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMy Photo Album               
valpal59 
Posted: 07-Jan-2008, 02:35 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Texas Panhandle

female

Dogshirt, I am so sorry for your loss of Harley. I know the pain you are feeling and wish that I could help in some way. If you need to talk, I am here.
Hugs to you. hug.gif

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.

You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."

Author Unknown
PMEmail Poster               View my Facebook Profile.View My Space Profile.
maisky 
Posted: 07-Jan-2008, 07:56 PM
Quote Post

King of CelticRadio.net Jesters
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacVine

Realm: Easton, PA

male

QUOTE (Dogshirt @ 05-Jan-2008, 07:50 PM)
This morning, my little buddy Harley (Dachshund) left the pain of this world. I adopted him 12 years ago when he was 6. He went to work with me, he went to Scout camp with me, he went to bed with me! GOd this SUCKS!!!!!

beer_mug.gif

Your friends here all understand the pain of losing a beloved member of your pack. We all have to cope with in our own way. After 9 months, I am still grieving for my sweety. The new pup helps a lot.

--------------------
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."
Carl Sagan
PMEmail PosterUsers Website               
stoirmeil 
Posted: 07-Jan-2008, 09:13 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: New York

QUOTE (Dogshirt @ 05-Jan-2008, 08:50 PM)

beer_mug.gif

Oh, Dogshirt, I'm sorry to hear it -- your special buddy, in the middle of all those dogs. But what a long life he had! I have a picture in my mind of him, sort of strutting among all those leggy runners of yours, top dog, the boss's right hand. I don't think he'll give up the spot that easily, when he did it so well -- he will stay with you in his way.

But yeah, it sucks. I'm sad for you, man.

PMEmail Poster               
Dogshirt 
Posted: 11-Feb-2008, 11:19 PM
Quote Post

Lord of the Northern Plains
Group Icon

ZodiacElder

Realm: Washington THE State

male

Thank you my friends. It was pretty rough for a while. I caught myself doing things like setting the mac n cheese pan down for him a week after the fact, and I wasn't dealing with it well at all. SO, I went to Craigslist and with a bit of searching I found a black and tan silver dapple male like Harley.
So the Son and I set out for what should have been a 10-12 hour trip to get the new pup. HA! Biggest storm of the year in southeast Washington-Northeast Oregon!
It took us 34 hours! Between road conditions, highway closures, snow, freezing rain, you name it we had it!
But we did make it home, and Otto is now a part of my life. He's 5 months old and a total monster! He doesn't walk ANYWHERE! He RUNS! Non-stop, right up till he falls over, sleeps for 2-4 hours and gets up and does it again! He drags my slippers off to who knows where. He has toys strung from one end of the house to the other.
After the last several years of my old dog it's like being on speed!
AND I LOVE THE HELL OUT OF HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

beer_mug.gif

--------------------
Hoka Hey!
The more Liberals I meet, the more I like my dogs!
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
DesertRose 
Posted: 11-Feb-2008, 11:49 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

female

Dogshirt! When I lost my beloved Sheltie named "Daisy" in 1997 I was in such a depression. Then came "Teddy Bear" a rescue Sheltie. Each and every 7 Shelties I have had have added so much to our lives and each have been unique in every way.

My new pup, Riley, who I got a few weeks ago manages to grab a roll of toilet paper and toilet paper my whole house! Nothing is off limits for this boy! He is so full of energy and excitment that ole me, hubby and my old senior dogs are like...what the heck? But, you know what? Riley has added new life into our home that was not there before. Yeah he gets into much mischief and trouble but he is sooooooo worth it and know we will have many years of enjoyment to come with him! He is a good boy in most ways, just going through that puppy stage.

Oh, Riley runs off with my slippers too! LOL

Hang in there! The puppy phase does get easier..................at least I am hoping! hahahaha unsure.gif

Feel free to compare stories with me and others as all us puppy parents need support at this time! hahahaha
valpal59 
Posted: 12-Feb-2008, 12:37 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Texas Panhandle

female

Dogshirt, Congrats on the new pup.

CelticRose, Glad to hear that Riley is doing well.

We still haven't gotten another dog. Losing 3 in one year was really hard. I still do things that were so much of a habit when we had the dogs. I have been looking, but hubby hasn't gotten to that point yet. Maybe someday.
PMEmail Poster               View my Facebook Profile.View My Space Profile.
DesertRose 
Posted: 13-Feb-2008, 02:09 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

female

Valpal, you have been through one tremendous year as it is. I can see why holding off might be best in your case. Every one is different. In time, your hubby will come around and want new furry life in the home again.
And when that special dog comes around, you'll know it! wink.gif
maisky 
Posted: 13-Feb-2008, 07:47 PM
Quote Post

King of CelticRadio.net Jesters
Group Icon

ZodiacVine

Realm: Easton, PA

male

I am really happy for you, Dogshirt. May the joy of the new pup stay with you always!
PMEmail PosterUsers Website               
Rindy 
Posted: 13-Feb-2008, 10:16 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacBirch

female

Dogshirt, I am so happy for you and Otto! They give us so much love. I keep saying after this one NO MORE...we shall see..he is 6 years old and still runs off with my socks, slippers, tissue out of the box anything he knows will get my attention. Love him so much my time would be so dull without him...

Slainte

PMEmail Poster               
stoirmeil 
Posted: 14-Feb-2008, 02:58 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: New York

FANTASTIC!!!!

What a trip to go and get Otto, but he sounds like just what you need! Happy days with the little guy -- do we see a picture some time? smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Dogshirt 
Posted: 14-Feb-2008, 08:46 PM
Quote Post

Lord of the Northern Plains
Group Icon

ZodiacElder

Realm: Washington THE State

male

Yes, photos will be forthcoming as soon as we get a nice day.
probably this weekend. And I will post them in "Raising a Puppy"
thread.

beer_mug.gif
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
DesertRose 
Posted: 14-Feb-2008, 09:57 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

female

Looking very forward to your photos of Otto, Dogshirt! And your wonderful puppy stories too!
Swanny 
Posted: 15-Feb-2008, 09:59 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Two Rivers, Alaska

male

Otto sounds like a heck of a lot of furry fun. Have a great time with, Dogshirt.

Swanny

--------------------
user posted image "You can't run with the big dogs if you still pee like a puppy".

Stardancer Historical Freight Dogs, Two Rivers, Alaska.

"Aut pax, aut bellum" (Clan Gunn)
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 13-Apr-2008, 01:04 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacIvy

Realm: America, Mid West

male

Pets can become almost as much a member of your family as children. Dogs especially as they are pack animals. By the time they are trained one member of the house is the "alpha dog." That loyalty lasts till the dog is gone. Even if the dog is abused (God forbid) the loyalty is usually still there.

My brother is a Vet and he says nearly every ailment and disease that humans get has its counter part in dogs plus a few more. A lot of the ailments they get are because they lead the same sedentary life style we do.

My dog suffers from allergies from time to time, and he takes one Claritin tablet a day. The same thing I would take. It works great. (before you try it, my dog weighs 65 lb.)

You always have to remember that they can do nothing to relieve their own suffering and sometimes we have to make tough decisions for them.

Slàinte,    

Patch
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
©2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics ©2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt