Posted: 29-May-2007, 12:36 PM
Quote Post

King of CelticRadio.net Jesters
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacVine

Realm: Easton, PA

male

I am soooo sorry Val. My heart goes out to you. It took a puppy for us to begin to heal from our loss. I hope you and your loss heal soon. Know it is going to happen doesnt make it easier.

--------------------
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."
Carl Sagan
PMEmail PosterUsers Website               
valpal59 
Posted: 30-May-2007, 10:21 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Texas Panhandle

female

Thank-you. We are doing better today. We are having trouble getting Max to eat now. Hopefully he will get better in a few days. He is still looking for Sadie. Cody whined alot yesterday, but is doing better today.

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.

You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."

Author Unknown
PMEmail Poster               View my Facebook Profile.View My Space Profile.
DesertRose 
Posted: 30-May-2007, 08:30 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

Realm: The desert of Arizona

female

My very sincere condolenses to you, Valpal, re your loss of Sadie. I feel so badly for you and your family at this time. My thoughts and prayers are with you. It makes it all the more harder when the other furry pals are looking for the one who has gone on to doggy heaven. So heart-breaking. I send love, hugs and comfort to you. If you need to talk, feel free to pm me!

Much love and hugs. hug.gif

--------------------
Fine art & photography by DESERT ROSE IMAGES
http://www.desertrose-images.com
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMy Photo Album               
valpal59 
Posted: 31-May-2007, 09:13 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

female

Thank-you CelticRose. Everyone is doing better. Max finally ate this morning, but he is still looking for her.
Dogshirt 
Posted: 31-May-2007, 09:43 PM
Quote Post

Lord of the Northern Plains
Group Icon

ZodiacElder

Realm: Washington THE State

male

I had two brothers, Tiger and Waldo. From the start I ran them together in my team because they were matched in size and pace. But after a while they would
NOT run without each other! If one had a sprain or sore muscles, the other one would NOT work with anyone else!!! When the time came that I had to put Tiger down, ( I don't know what was wrong, at 15 one doesn't put much money into searching for answers when at best he had a year to go. These dogs only last about 12-15 years. This is not from working, this just seems to be the lifespan of a dog this size.) After he was put down, his brother, (who seemed in fine shape for his age!) lasted just one month without his lifelong buddy and team mate. It was like he had lost it ALL without his best buddy! He just shut down!
In the last 30+ years I have had over 350 dogs, and they still amaze me! They form lifelong friendships and lifelong grudges. Do not be surprised if the rest of them develop behavior problems that have not occurred before! Wetting in-doors is very common, as well as destructive chewing. It is like they revert back to puppy hood to deal with loss.
After all these years, and all these dogs, NO ONE can tell me that a dog is not a reasoning animal!! They form these bonds ( and dislikes) and they last a life time! I hope all goes well for the rest of your dogs!!!

beer_mug.gif

--------------------
Hoka Hey!
The more Liberals I meet, the more I like my dogs!
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
DesertRose 
Posted: 02-Jun-2007, 02:56 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

female

My gosh, Dogshirt! What a remarkable story! I agree with you with everything you have said! Animals have feelings and mourn the loss of their furry pals. Whenever I have had to put a dog down, beforehand I always go to each dog in my household first and hold the sick dog to them so they can sniff (they usually know they are sick and don't want anything to do with) so they can have some kind of goodbye.

I got some criticism for getting a buddy for Nikki two weeks after Teddy Bear died. But not only were me and hubby suffering the loss of Teddy Bear, but Nikki was doing so even more! we took him to the home of our future new rescue Sheltie and they both got along so well. Nikki seemed so happy to have a buddy again. I believe if I had waited any longer, I might have lost Nikki to heartbreak. To this day he and Irish are the best of buddies! She copies everything he does..monkey see, monkey do. They are hysterical together. They're like husband and wife! Now my Nikki is getting old and having major health problems. I suspect I will lose him in the year if not next year. I have never had a Sheltie live past 13 years. Just seems to be the average life span of the breed. Nikki turned 12 yesterday!

Each household is very different and everyone has to handle it the way that is best for their human and furry family.

Valpal! You hang in there as I am sure you and your family are mourning and will be for some time. Take care! If you need to talk, I am here with a shoulder for you to cry on.
DesertRose 
Posted: 11-Jun-2007, 01:33 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

female

Val, just checking on you and your pups. Been thinking about you a lot and wondering how things are going for you all at this time. Keep us posted, ok?
valpal59 
Posted: 11-Jun-2007, 09:20 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

female

We are doing well. Cody and Max are hanging in. It is just day by day. I went home for lunch Friday and forgot for a moment and went looking for Sadie. I felt like such an idiot. rolleyes.gif
DesertRose 
Posted: 12-Jun-2007, 11:59 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

female

Thanks for checking in, Val! I think of you and your family more than you know. Continue to keep us posted on you and the family, ok? If you need to talk, I am here! hug.gif
valpal59 
Posted: 13-Jun-2007, 09:06 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

female

Thank-you CelticRose, Dogshirt, and Maisky for being such good friends. You have really helped both of us feel better.
valpal59 
Posted: 03-Jul-2007, 11:31 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

female

We had to put Cody to sleep yesterday. He was our Lab that only had 3 legs. He fell on the patio Sunday night and hurt the left front shoulder really bad. Since he was 16 yrs. old there really wasn't much they could do.
The only dog we have left is Max and he is 16 also and has cancer. He is still doing fairly well, but it is still day to day with him.
I know this sounds awful, but I don't want anymore dogs for awhile. They are our kids and it just hurts too much.
DesertRose 
Posted: 03-Jul-2007, 05:32 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

female

OMG! Val! You and your family have really been through a lot lately with the loss of your beloved furry kids. I am so very sorry and my sincere condolences go to you. I can understand your feelings of not wanting any more dogs at this time. It does painfully hurt. Each time I have to take in one of my Shelties to have put down, me and hubby stand there and cry like huge babies for about 30 minutes over the dog. But for us, we find comfort in having a new baby at home soon after. Now that probably sounds awful! But each person is different and has to handle the grief in their own way.

You might want a new baby ...in time. If you don't, that's ok too! hug.gif

Take care!
Rindy 
Posted: 03-Jul-2007, 07:14 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacBirch

female

I am so sorry to hear this about Cody Val.. You did what you could. So sad for you and your family. Sometimes we need time to heal in between and sometimes the right pup comes along and we can't say no...all the good memories they give us is worth all the hurt.

Let us know how things are going. (((Hugs)))

Slainte
PMEmail Poster               
maisky 
Posted: 03-Jul-2007, 07:44 PM
Quote Post

King of CelticRadio.net Jesters
Group Icon

ZodiacVine

Realm: Easton, PA

male

I am deeply sorrowed by your baby passing. They are so much a part of our lives that it hurts badly when they leave. The decision to get a new friend or not is very personal.
PMEmail PosterUsers Website               
valpal59 
Posted: 05-Jul-2007, 10:34 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

female

CelticRose, Rindy and Maisky, you are wonderful people. We are O.K.. Max is having a hard time. Both of his siblings have gone within a month. He is so lost. We are spending as much time as we can with him.
We will get another dog someday. We can not imagine our lives without one, but we are going to take a break. We have Spike the cat. He keeps life interesting. Actually he was Cody's cat. He stuck close to us for a couple of days, but he is back to normal.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics 2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt