Posted: 06-Feb-2009, 09:06 PM
Quote Post

Lord of the Northern Plains
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacElder

Realm: Washington THE State

male

I am the big guy that could beat you up at the pub! I am the guy your Mom warned you about! I will beat you up if you don't use your turn signal (A$$hole!)
But when I had my old boy put down last year, I bawled like a baby. I made it two weeks before I had to get a new Bud!

beer_mug.gif

--------------------
Hoka Hey!
The more Liberals I meet, the more I like my dogs!
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
LadyOfAvalon 
Posted: 06-Feb-2009, 09:11 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacVine

female

QUOTE (Dogshirt @ 06-Feb-2009, 09:06 PM)
I am the big guy that could beat you up at the pub! I am the guy your Mom warned you about! I will beat you up if you don't use your turn signal (A$$hole!)
But when I had my old boy put down last year, I bawled like a baby. I made it two weeks before I had to get a new Bud!

beer_mug.gif

I always knew you were a big teddy bear...with a big heart Dogshirt....

Just by the way you are holding that little sausage dog and you look at him in your hand in your profile.

I too could easily smack another human being that pisses me off but when it comes to animals...innocent creatures that they are and the love they show you always without condition... I crack...simple as that.

This is one of my post that I wrote at the time in the thread "The Gathring Place" I posted there that day probably without thinking and needed to just let it out and in reality should have been posted here since it concern animal...some of you may have already read it but all the same I want to share it with you.

Posted: 19-Sep-2008, 05:38 PM 

Hello everyone,

Today did not start well for me. While on my way to work i saw a cat on the side of the road and from the position it was when I passed it as an after thought I was sure it was not dead so I turned the car around and went back to investigate.

And for sure it was not dead for from the other side of the street it was trying to get up and could not. Did a U-turn and parked the car behind it and got out.
When I came beside the poor soul I could clearly see that she must have been hit by a passing car and simply crawled on the side of the road.

I could also see that the back of her body would not move for she was trying to get up but only the front paws would work. I picked her up very slowly for I knew that her pelvis bones were broken and for sure because of the cry she let on when I picked her up. She was a young mother for I could see that she had milk in her tits, I put her on the front floor beside me and brought her with me to the office and put her gently in a box.

I was able to contact a nearby vet. for at one point she tried to get up maybe to breathe better and then a pool of blood came out of her anus.Her suffering had to stop.I was lucky to have this vet that put away her pain today for I couldn't stand looking at her suffering like this. I still feel sad and helpless for even if I knew that there was nothing I or the vet could do for her at least in my heart I'm trying to say to myself that I did the right thing. I brought her back home and tonight I will bury her in my backyard. That'll be her final resting place, not the side road.

I know some of you will find this story a bit graphic and all but I need to let it out for I still cry thinking of her suffering. Animals are my friends and are the most innocent creatures and stand no chance against our might.I just cannot let an animal still alive die alone and suffering on the side of the road, I just can't.

LOA

LOA smile.gif

--------------------
"Few men are brave:many become so through training and discipline."
Flavius Vegetius Renatus

"I think a hero is an ordinary individual who finds strenght to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles."
Christopher Reeve
PM My Photo Album               
Faemother 
Posted: 25-Mar-2009, 05:54 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAlder

Realm: North Carolina, United States

female

My heart goes out to all of you who have suffered the loss of such a beloved friend. Several months ago my little Yorkie "Bonnie Prince Timothy" Timmy for short; went outside to play and our neighbors' dogs came into our yard. They had been there before and there had never been any problems; they have even loved on my two grandsons! My daughter was standing on the porch with the boys (aged 1 & 2) when she started screaming. We ran outside to find my beloved Timmy being shaken like a rag doll in the jaws of the big male. I own Pitt Bulls myself and do not blame the breed but the owner. My husband ran into the fray,regardless of the danger to himself, and finally managed to free him but he really had no chance. Timmy ran staight to me covered in blood.I wrapped him in a large towel and we rushed him to the anuimal hospital. He hadnumerous deep puncture wounds to his abdomin and sides and one side was ripped open. They could not save my beloved companion. I cradled him to my heart and cried as they told me the news. He looked up at me and whimpered as if to tell me how bad he hurt. I kissed him and told him to let go of this existence and I'd be with him again one day. A short while later he passed on. I cried for days and cry even now telling this story. I haven't gotten another puppy yet but plan to one day. My heart aches for your losses and my love goes out to you.
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
Patch 
Posted: 25-Mar-2009, 07:37 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

Realm: America, Mid West

male

That is sad! People should train their dogs properly and not keep those that are dangerous.

My dog is a very "pack" oriented animal and to live here he had to accept me as the "alpha dog." It took a while but he is an excellent house mate and protector. I would certainly hate to loose him.

My sympathy goes out to you.

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
DesertRose 
Posted: 25-Mar-2009, 09:40 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

Realm: The desert of Arizona

female

crystalc, my heart goes out to you and your family. I can't imagine experiencing what you all just went through. Take care.

--------------------
Fine art & photography by DESERT ROSE IMAGES
http://www.desertrose-images.com
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMy Photo Album               
stoirmeil 
Posted: 25-Mar-2009, 09:57 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: New York

I'm very sorry to hear you lost your little friend, and in that way. It's awful that it happened in front of the boys, too. Is the two year old expressing anything about it? A terrible thing for him to witness.

PMEmail Poster               
Camac
Posted: 26-Mar-2009, 09:30 AM
Quote Post

Main: Registration
Questions: Help
Important: Rules

Zodiac

Dogshirt;

I had my cat Meathead for seventeen years and when I awoke one morning a few years ago, to find him dead beside me in bed I bawled like a baby. Old cat really meant more to me than I realized.

Camac.

Faemother 
Posted: 30-Mar-2009, 12:31 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacAlder

female

Thank you all. Azrael (the 2 year old) prided himself that he was big enough to open the door all by himself to let Timmmy in off the porch if he got to the door before I did. Several times he went to the door, opened it and called for him to come in( he called him Mimmy). of course this ripped my heart out all over again. Now both boys call any Yorkie they see Timmy and we are all pretty much ok. The boys, Azrael and Logan, only saw the first of the attack as their mom grabbed them and took them into the house. We have told them that Timmy went to play with Uncle Ryan ( my son that died at age 3) when they ask about him now. For now that answer satisfies them. Of course they only know who Uncle Ryan is from pictures but its enough for them right now. The harder stuff will come later I'm sure.
Faerydreamer 
Posted: 31-Mar-2009, 10:32 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacReed

Realm: Coal Country, PA

female

I would like to share this poem here. It applies to not only humans but our furry, feathered, scaled, and finned children. I use the word children because that is what they are when they have been with us for a long time.

LOSS
©Dianne Barskey 2007

Loss of a loved one is so hard to comprehend
You are never ready for their life here to end
You do not want them to suffer
But their leaving is rougher
And you can not imagine how you will mend

Friends try to comfort and soothe
Their words seem too smooth
They mean the best
But you are distressed
Try to remember that they want to soothe

The suffering has ended for your loved one
It is hard to see them in their coffin
Know that they are not there
But do not despair
They are with someone more sovereign

--------------------
Lady Faerydreamer

user posted image
Faemother 
Posted: 01-Apr-2009, 01:35 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacAlder

female

Thank You Faerydreamer! That was beautiful and very true.
Patch 
Posted: 11-Jun-2009, 06:21 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

male

My daughter had to put down her childrens pet this evening. The dog was a 9 year old black lab with a disease that they had not been able to diagnose. It survived a while on steroids but they were no longer helping. I am waiting now to hear from them when they get home.

Slàinte,   

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
valpal59 
Posted: 12-Jun-2009, 08:30 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Texas Panhandle

female

Patch,
I am so sorry for your daughter and her children. That is such a hard decision to make even when you know it has to be done. Been there, done that. Our thoughts are with them.

Val

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.

You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."

Author Unknown
PMEmail Poster               View my Facebook Profile.View My Space Profile.
Patch 
Posted: 12-Jun-2009, 09:05 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

male

Thank you. I will pass it on to them.

They had a long night last night. I felt better about she and the three children's safety with the dog in the house. They have had a registered pedophile living near them for a while now. I am thinking about maybe having a security system installed in their house if it is OK with my daughter.

Thanks again.

Slàinte,    

Patch    

PMEmail Poster               
DesertRose 
Posted: 25-Jun-2009, 05:33 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

Realm: The desert of Arizona

female

Patch, my heart goes out to you and your family.

Blessings.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMy Photo Album               
Patch 
Posted: 26-Jun-2009, 03:22 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

male

Thank you. The kids seem to be doing ok now except the three year old does not understand. He was "special" as dogs go. I want her and the grandkids to have a pet and guard dog and found English Mastiff puppies that will be ready in 3 weeks. She is not ready yet. Also, she isn't sure she can afford to feed a dog that big.

Slàinte,    

Patch    

PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
©2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics ©2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt