Swanny 
Posted: 25-Feb-2007, 01:03 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

Realm: Two Rivers, Alaska

male

My friend Mike Green treated my girlfriend and I to tickets to the YQ finish banquet last night. It was great fun so see so many folks I know, and to meet so many more. For example, last night I met Libby Riddles, the first woman to win the Iditarod. What a cool lady she is, too.

Lance is looking thin, but good. Most of the mushers look really healthy considering it was one of the coldest Quests ever run. Kyla Boivin arrived off the trail shortly after the banquet began, and recieved a hug round of applause.

Lance spoke in glowing terms of his new leader, Lippy. Lippy had refused to lead in the past during training runs, but when Lance was desperate for a leader on the trail he tried plugging her in, and ran her the next 800 miles right up front next to Hobo Jim. They won the Golden Harness award, but were much more interested in the steaks than the plaque.

Sebastian Schnuelle won two of the three major "special awards". He won the sportsmanship award for helping with a major effort to clear a traffic jam on Eagle Summit by helping three competitors get their teams to the top, and he won the veterinary award for top quality dog care. Included in the vet award is a $1,000.00 credit to the veterinarian practice of Sebastian's choice.

Bob McAlpin is still out on the trail, en route to town from the North Pole dog drop, and many are planning to gather on the river to give him a resounding and well earned welcome.

Swanny

--------------------
user posted image "You can't run with the big dogs if you still pee like a puppy".

Stardancer Historical Freight Dogs, Two Rivers, Alaska.

"Aut pax, aut bellum" (Clan Gunn)
PMEmail Poster               
stevenpd 
Posted: 25-Feb-2007, 01:14 PM
Quote Post

An American Guardian of the Realm
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacReed

Realm: Fountain Valley, Calif.

male

Sounds like a lot fun was had last night! This race seemed to have been very smooth with no major hiccups. Wish I could be there for McAlpin's finish. Although I know you wanted him for the Rookie of the Year, just finishing the race is a major achievement. And he gets the Red Lantern to boot!

--------------------

user posted image

Vote in the 2013 Music Awards

Dear Lord, lest I continue in my complacent ways, help me to remember that someone died for me today. And if there be war, help me to remember to ask and to answer "am I worth dying for?" - Eleanor Roosevelt

The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.
-- Herbert Spencer, English Philosopher (1820-1903)
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
stevenpd 
Posted: 25-Feb-2007, 11:53 PM
Quote Post

An American Guardian of the Realm
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacReed

Realm: Fountain Valley, Calif.

male

The final dog team of the 2007 Yukon Quest crossed the Finish Line in Fairbanks Saturday morning about 10:00 local time, making Bob McAlpin's team's run over the 1,000 mile trail almost 15 days in total time!

McAlpin was presented with the Red Lantern Award at the Finish Line, the trophy given to the last official finisher of the race. The Yukon Quest Red Lantern Award is sponsored by the White Pass & Yukon Route Railway, which runs seasonal passenger trains along the most northerly narrow gauge railway in the world, out of Skagway, Alaska and into the Yukon Interior at Carcross.

McAlpin also finished with the most dogs of any team in the 2007 race, bringing 13 of his initial 14 dogs all 1,000 miles.

Congratulations to Bob and his team for their 2007 race, and to all mushers and their dogs for their dedication, sportsmanship and perseverance as they accomplished their 1,000 mile journey from Whitehorse to Fairbanks this year!
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics 2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt